Dragon Ball z resurrection f

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah you can just watch the movies, and be fine. It's basically just Kung Fu theatre. The first couple Movies are alright, but they pick up really fast after that, and you will want to watch all of them. There is also 2 TV specials that are some of the best in the series.

I would just start with Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge, and work through it, then go back to the other movies if you want to see Goku as a kid.

I never watched the whole series, its just way too long. If you really get interested in it then you can just download the manga, and breeze through it.

Manga is better anyway imo.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Does the manga spend an inordinate amount of time on Namek too?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you're going to watch the anime do the Kai versions, where they remove all of the useless filler plus the additional filler added to the original English versions.

Column_sl

shitlord
If you're going to watch the anime do the Kai versions, where they remove all of the useless filler plus the additional filler added to the original English versions.
I wouldn't start with the TV show, it's old and you will just end up losing interest quickly.

In all honestly, I would start with movie Dragon Ball Z: Super Android 13!. That will get you hyped up to see some more. You really don't have to know the backstory on every character to enjoy it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wouldn't start with the TV show, it's old and you will just end up losing interest quickly.

In all honestly, I would start with movie Dragon Ball Z: Super Android 13!. That will get you hyped up to see some more. You really don't have to know the backstory on every character to enjoy it.
You were right the first time, people should start with Cooler's Revenge. Although really Lord Slug is still pretty modern by the standards of DBZ, it's not as old and janky as tree of might and world's strongest.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I always liked Dead Zone though, the fighting was pretty cool despite being the oldest Z movie. No spirit bomb shenanigans either.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The manga is awesome, imagine if every power up scene in DBZ was exactly as long as you wanted it to be.. Also I'm with Keg on this one, Kai is great and all but the music kills it for me.

If you're just getting into DBZ you should watch at least through the Namek/Frieza saga.

P.s. The best movie is World's Strongest.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Buy Dragonball Xenoverse when you can catch it on sale. It's pretty much perfect for the setting/adaptation

Siliconemelons

remember to watch the old cartoon network versions so you can LULZ at the censorship! What gohans butt? nope- RANDOM shaky non matching DESERT bush out of nowhere!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
finally saw this the other day in the theater... this shit has been selling out all over the place. it was fucking great. did not expect it to be as funny as it was.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
English dub torrents have been out for a while. The Japanese dubbed with English subtitles have just recently come out on torrents. OK movie.