Dragon's Den(UK/CA)/Shark Tank

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
These shows are legit, at least the UK version (First; going strong w/ 10 seasons). Canadian version is more casual, less investigative patterns from the dragons. Some of the Sharks are proven dragons from Canada (Kevin/Robert) and they are more active in the Shark tank than Dragon's den. UK is great though. Fucking Duncan just ripping everyone and/or just being an ass. Only real shark/dragon is Mark Cuban.

Summary: Bunch of rich dudes who have money and time to throw and make punts for the drama. Entrepreneurs/Inventors/Delusional retards come to these Dragons/Sharks and offer some of their equity in turn for cash investment. They must reach the amount asked or they go home without any investment. Presentors offer their pitch, Dragons/Sharks listen to these pitches, and weight on the finance of the business, legitimacy of the product and sometimes morality of its products. Some of the offerings are legit, some are downright fucked up and ridiculous. Some presenters are delusional and painful to watch. mostly its about rich dudes taking more than offered price and weight in the risk and reward ratio with contingency.

Other than that, its worth it. These guys are not just rich, they got the personality, which is great for great TV.

DragonsDenUK.png

DragonsDen1.JPG

shark-tank.jpg

DragonsDenUK.png

DragonsDenUK.png

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I havent watched Dragons Den UK at all but I definately have watched DD Canada and find it to be far superior than Shark Tank. Shark tank seems to have too few people on the show per episode and I really cant stand the QVC chick. If she cant put the product on QVC she doesnt invest. Same with that infomercial guy that Mark Cuban replaced. Kevin is good and Robert is still the nice guy, but DD Canada is so much better.

Is the format for the UK version mostly the same as Canada's? Have a few pitches then have a montage I guess of pitches that didnt work out then a couple more pitches?

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
UK version is a true business approach. investors go right into the number, ask for net profit, turn over, business dealings with other businessmen, their lives, their partners, debt and other equity shares with other shareholders, and business concepts...this happens in every single episode. these guys don't fuck around.

the format is pretty much the same. First business gets the investment, great business is saved for the last. for the montage, i think some of the pitches are completely horrendous...something I haven't seen in CD or Shark Tank....unimportant businesses gets skipped over etc, so yeah its pretty much the same.

i always wonder what goes on after the show. i am sure that there is a due diligence after the initial verbal agreement but how many of these deals fail because of the due diligence? i really want to find out.

Started watching Shark-tank recently and I liked it so much I went back and watched the prior 2 seasons. Imo it got much better once Cuban came on board. Correct me if I'm wrong but hes the richest shark on there? Appears to be the only billionaire. He seems to be a decent mix of Kevin and Robert -- nice and cordial to the entrepreneurs even if he doesn't want to invest (especially the ones that he recognize as hard workers) yet often a total dick to the other sharks.

Best part of the show to me is how some of the most simplistic ideas turn out to make their inventors millionaires.

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cuban definately takes the most risk with his money. Kevin is probably the stringiest. He usually only invests in an established business and doesnt want to take the time to build one and really you cant fault him I guess. Damon I have mixed feelings with, he can be a dick.

The one thing that really pisses me off though is when the sharks/dragons give people a time limit. Cuban does this alot and the QVC girl. They say you have 30 seconds or my deal is off the table. I think thats truly unfair to the pitcher. This is a once in a lifetime shot at changing their lives and they now have a time limit to sometimes even hear the other offers.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
haha, i watched shark tank first, so whenever the dragon offered something, I just immediately wonder if they are gonna set time limit but fortunately they don't in UK version.