Dragon's Dogma 2

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Been a few years since I played so maybe I’m just misremembering it. I remember there being indoor areas but not lasting very long or transitioning from indoors outdoors within one area. Except for Everfall and the DLC of course which were very much indoors the entire way.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't really remember spending a ton of time indoors in the original outside of Bitterblack and the Everfall. I guess the spot with the Ur dragon counts as indoors as well.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So there's soft indoors and hard indoors in the vein of soft skips and hard skips!?

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Deebo

Molten Core Raider
I never played the first one, but I want to give this a shot. I'm going to play on PC, and I see people saying you will want to use a controller over mouse and keyboard for this game. Is that true?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is the story a continuation of the first? How long would the first take if I just blasted it on easy?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Story? Fags.

These games are about blasting fucking DPS into Manticore assholes.

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Is the story a continuation of the first? How long would the first take if I just blasted it on easy?
Honestly? It might be a little more connected than the typical Final Fantasy game, but not by much. You can start with DD2 if you want, and at most you might miss out on some callbacks to the first game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's not really related, the first game's "story" is pretty irrelevant and it mostly boils down to a conceptual thing rather than a proper plot, and iirc the 2nd game is just kinda like a parallel world thing where it's the same universe but not the actual same world. Think like Zelda where you have some weak ass story in the background and common themes and concepts in each games but most aren't directly related or only in a vague way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also seems they won't release an actual demo, but they will make the character creator available ahead of time for people who want to spend some time making chars. Downside is you can't check what they look like ingame, I find the character creation is often different than real game conditions due to lightning and what not, but well better than nothing.

(will be available at some point later, maybe tomorrow? not sure).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Are you saying I could mash through all dialogue getting through the first and get a good experience?
Yes. This is a jrpg type story where what’s going on doesn’t really make a ton of sense or matter, it’s just there. The little side quests have some interesting things and some uh, interesting resolutions in some cases. The gameplay really shines and you’ll enjoy it just fine if you just want to mash through the dialogue.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's not even the usual jrpg super loaded in random ass dialogue stuff, it's like there's an opening sequence, and then you just get sent to kill stuff, go back to report, go kill more stuff, report and so on. There's actually few cutscenes or dialogue outside of sidequests. There is a "twist" if you can call it that in the story at the end but it's basically nothing you care about, and then it ends(there's postgame stuff too though and it makes the twist make a bit more sense maybe? but not really). Some of the sidequests are nice but the "main story" is just a monster extermination checklist. It's definitely not a story driven game. Also the setting is pretty fucking bland, DD2 adds more stuff that they had to cut like different civilizations and races.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Are you saying I could mash through all dialogue getting through the first and get a good experience?
Its story is about as important as Elden Ring's.

It's all about Big Dick DPS, fuck lore nerd faggots.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I find the character creation is often different than real game conditions due to lightning and what not, but well better than nothing.
Dragon Age: Inquisition was notorious for this.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The first game is a, what, 60+ hour game? The actual story is contained in the first two hours and the last five; everything else is pretty much filler. So yeah, you could mash through a lot of it with little lost.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm just going full on big axe wielding warrior for this.

Mystic spearhand too gay. Trickster seems cool though.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
DD was kind of my first introduction to somewhat hard, non hand holding action games. For a lot of people it was one of the Souls game but I'll never forget walking in the dark night and coming across a troll at a bridge. Shit got my heart beating fast as I couldn't see WTF I was doing and the thing was hard. The first griffon kill was pretty epic too and then there was the dragon? thing at the bottom of some deep pit or something like that? The pawns made it maybe a little too easy eventually but I thought they were a fun concept.