Dragon's Dogma 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah so Rurikhan who's a youtuber who makes a fair bit of monster hunter stuff made a detailed video on Mystic Spearhand(he'll be making another on Trickster too) and he lists all the skills you get and it's definitely way more than what they've shown in the class trailers. He explains like 8skills or so and since it was a lvl 25 build it's quite possible there's a fair few more.

Also he explains how the classes have a unique mechanic baked in, like you have light attacks and heavy attacks(which sometimes are class specific stuff) but R1 also does special class stuff, for spearhand it's a chargeable ranged attack that can then be used to teleport to the attack projectile(which if timed properly can then be followed by a critical attack or a skill, including in the air as some skills for spearhand can be used in the air) or to apply an aoe explosion that also paralyzes enemies. That's a baseline skill on top of the 4 you can slot. The core passives also seem more impactful cause he explains how one of them will modify that R1 skill or how another replaces your light attack combo with the spinning spear spam stuff.

So it sounds like classes will indeed be a lot more developped than in the first game which would explain the removal of secondary weapons and such. It's still 4 skills+class skill versus 6 skills(3 per weapon) but it shouldn't be that much of a problem I think especially since some of these for some classes weren't interesting(I rarely used my bow skills on strider for example so effectively I only had 3 dagger skills and then sometimes 1 ranged skill to shoot harpies and stuff).

He also noted that stats growth is simply tied to the class you're on with your current level, although I don't know how accurate he has tested that, but tbh it feels like it's an obvious design decision to not tie it to the class you were on when you leveled as that was really ass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'll buy this for sure but not having played the first one mess with my OCD.

DD1 is a good game worth playing? Its like 4 dorrah on Steam right now.
Fuck yeah. I think anyone who hasn’t played it should definitely pick it up at that price, it’s a great game. The graphics are a little dated but it’s not like ps2 era or anything, they’re solid enough.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea it's real cool so far. Just got to the capitol and can chose a spec, decided on Magic Archer but what bow does that class use? The one I had isnt equipable.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yea it's real cool so far. Just got to the capitol and can chose a spec, decided on Magic Archer but what bow does that class use? The one I had isnt equipable.
Magick Bow which is a special type of bow(no quiver, no string, looks weird as fuck but they light up with bunch of magic effects when you fire). I can't remember where you buy them but I assume the wiki would tell you.

• 1Like

Sludig

Went to buy the first one, apparently I bought it towards the start of this thread or even older. OOops. Guess next thing to play maybe after I burn out on HD2.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
looks like I bought it on PC in 2022, played 50 hours. I'm not sure if I did the DLC content or not. I bought it the 1st time on one of the consoles when it initially came out. I was going to do a play thru before the new one but health, life and FF7 Rebirth fucked that up. This is a great game.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
ok this one came out a LOT better:

1710144581913.png

• 1Like

Aazrael

The character creator seems really OP.

Heres one funny and maybe my side bitch (stolen from Reddit).

Screenshot_20240311-073731.pngallhùr-the-north-reaver-o-c-with-sliders-v0-qx6b2kf5ulnc1.png

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
my next attempt. I actually used that asian-looking one as a base, with some tweaks to make it less asian:

1710149230768.png

If anyone wants the sliders for either of mine, let me know.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The Thief starting armor(or whatever armor they show in the char creator) looks like utter shit, which is weird cause they've shown very simple designs for other classes and in trailers and stuff, and then the Thief armor is like some wow armor shit with floating gigantic pauldrons and stuff, looks weird.

I redid my char and finished my pawn so I should be ready, I thought you could design all pawns but apparently it's just the slots for more choices and you still only make 1 pawn, went with a mage one since I assume like DD1 you'll 100% always want a mage in your party for healing and elemental buffs and other support stuff. Going Thief, might actually stick to it the entire run depending on how the other classes go.

Now just need to find something to do for the next week. Next couple of days should be enough to finish Etrian Odyssey 3 entirely and then not sure what I'll do, maybe I'll rush through DD1 or maybe I'll just go mess around with Granblue new update but seems very light on content so not even sure there's a week of gameplay there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

How many hours to beat the standard Dragons Dogma game? I'm not sure I'll be able to stay away from DD2 once it release and I doubt I'll wrap the first one up before that. Will have to return to it afterwards.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
How many hours to beat the standard Dragons Dogma game? I'm not sure I'll be able to stay away from DD2 once it release and I doubt I'll wrap the first one up before that. Will have to return to it afterwards.

Campaign by itself is about 40 hours.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
ok this one came out a LOT better:

View attachment 519169

This is pretty good. A bit heavy on the makeup for my tastes, but otherwise quite good. I do think it's quite difficult to make attractive females in the character creator, whereas males always come out looking great without even trying. I'm debating between three designs for my pawn:

1710183883875.png

1710183896146.png

1710183901953.png

The Asian one looks older than I want her to but I can't figure out what's causing it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

I've had the first on my to-play list for years. Oops. I doubt I'll go back to it later, so might just play the first with a guide as was suggested at some point and wait a few weeks or months to start the second. Absolute first world problems, but still annoyed at myself.

• 1Solidarity

Sludig

Had to refund DD 1. Sound wouldnt play, came back w/ restart of whole computer. Then in game after like 20 minutes it cut out and didnt come back. Pretty sweet seems like shitty pc port issues.