Dragon's Dogma 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Height (specifically leg length) increases all movement speed now, including sprinting. Before you wanted tall heavy melees and short skinny ranged, now that just seems detrimental. A short melee climbs huge enemies faster and regens stamina better. If you are really worried about weapon range, just make your arms longer. A tall mage can run away from aggro and reposition better. Not sure about weight; sorcs can get around the stamina regen problem but it might suck to be a fatass for anything else.

Thief dash is nothing like strider dodge roll, you won't be using it instead of sprinting. Thief is also a really bad vocation in general imo, I've been regretting choosing it since the first hour and it hasn't gotten any better ~8 hours later.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Exactly this, and kind of the reason Im not particularly interested in jumping right into this. Will wait for a sale.
It’s exactly why I want to jump right in. Doesn't drag, don’t have to complete absurd amounts or overly lengthy quests. Shit is just fun.

Vorph

I don't get the "jank" comments. Jank to me is a game that has a good story or interesting world, but the gameplay holds it back from being great. Combat is clunky, skills are poorly implemented, movement looks weird, etc. Piranha Bytes games (Gothic/Risen/Elex) are the perfect example of jank. Dragon's Dogma is nothing like that, it's actually up there with Souls and Monster Hunter for having really tight controls and game systems that are both complicated and well thought out. Although I will say the movement took a step back in DD2. There's too much momentum at times when you're moving around, and on top of that fall damage is insane to the point where I've died just falling off a roof that wasn't even two stories tall.

And something else that's unrelated -- it seems the pre-release talk about stats changing to whatever vocation you switch to was almost completely wrong. There's a base set of stats for each one, but the vocations you level up as still create a pool of stats that gets added to that base. So if you level up as thief and switch to sorcerer you will still have way more strength than magick. Whether or not DD2 follows the same pattern as the first game remains to be seen.

[For those who don't know, in the endgame what happened was that your weapon's stats added so much that base str/mag was largely irrelevant, while armor was exactly the opposite. Base def and mdef had a large effect on how much damage you took, while gear helped very little with that. All you really cared about on armor was getting immune to as many status effects as possible. What that meant for leveling is that the best way to level was just balance everything--literally 11 levels of each vocation from 1-100, then do it again from 101-200. I really hope that turns out to be the best plan in DD2 as well, since I found it way more fun to play DD1 that way compared to doing 1-10 fighter and 11-200 assassin.]

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Spent a bunch of time troubleshooting stuff, the character creation saves only register properly if you have cloud saves on, so had to turn that on, reinstall the creator, launch it to upload a save to the cloud, delete my DD2 save then restart to get it to load. Now that I got the main pawn done I turned it off. Also gamepad support was weird so had to finnagle some shit turning it on and off, so it wouldn't override the DS4 lightbar setting and make it bright as fuck(which is annoying cause it causes reflections on the screen).

Game seems to run fine so far at 4k, DLSS on and turned off some stuff and getting a pretty stable 60FPS it looks like, will see as I progress, better than expected at least.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
DD teaching kids why using 8GB nowadays on a gpu is stupid - Got PC hooked to the bedroom OLED - Cant wait to see the night time atmosphere - Turned on Ray Tracing for the second time ever.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It can chonk even my rig - they did it guys - make excellent game and hide it behind stupidity!

Last edited:

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Lotta pisssed people on steam over denuvo. I'm sitting around 110 fps 4k with everything cranked and RT - im sure i could get it to 119 if i turned on dlss buuuuut rather not. I heard its 1.99 to edit character looks lol.

Dont fuck up your chat creation, capcom coming for ya wallet!
reading that too. Are you getting that FPS in towns? I'm assuming you have a high end card. I want to wait, I need to wait but I find I'm forcing myself to play FF7 Rebirth and that's usually a bad sign.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This shit started to chonk! I had to fuck with the oled to get proper 120 VRR to show up and when this shit hit 4k - my FPS died - im going between 60-90 or so now. I need to turn off RT and see how it plays out, but it looks good visually. My chick walks around looking like Rhonda Rousey lol.

Also this feels very Witcher 3ish like, i feel some of the voices are even here - and yeah 14900k, 4090, 48gb ddr5 8000. When cranked its a true gem, but yeah with RT on and no DLSS it has some obvious issues. I turned on dynamic and it seems to chill near 95 in towns or so. Not sure what they did to fuck it up, but they fucked it up - the game is great, but their decision making isnt. Not surprising, i put capcom equal to konami personally. I think this and SF are the only games i ever buy and i havent bought SF since Super Nintendo.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This engine... never liked it. Movement feels either too slow or too fast, good thing you have to try to jump off edges. Other than find RC in treasure chests I have no other complaints. If you liked the first one this one is more of that. Definitely feels more like a remake than a sequel but that is likely do to the fact they ran out of money making the first one.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Surprised Nvidia didn't have drivers ready to go for this. Not bad when not in town but I guess town is more CPU? First time I sat down for 4 hours playing a video game in ages. It's pretty dope.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Movement to me feels fine really, and i dont know it just "feels" like im in The Witcher, i cant get over how much it feels like they did something to make it lean more than way in moving and interacting. Going to take a small break for '3 body problem'.

They should have had monk and bard in this iteration.

• 1Like

Crone

This engine... never liked it. Movement feels either too slow or too fast, good thing you have to try to jump off edges. Other than find RC in treasure chests I have no other complaints. If you liked the first one this one is more of that. Definitely feels more like a remake than a sequel but that is likely do to the fact they ran out of money making the first one.
Refunded. Combat is so bad. :(

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Haha what the fuck. Can't start a new game/character from within the game? Heard reports and sure enough, had to turn off cloud save, figure out the ID of the game and delete the save from steam/userdata/2054970 to restart a new game. Sounds like this game is deserving of some of the negative reviews on steam.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone getting the crashes? Created a dump report and from what I see I might have bad memory, or corrupted game files. Guess I'll run a memtest tonight and verify game files tomorrow.

1711083928935.png

1711083975415.png

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haha what the fuck. Can't start a new game/character from within the game? Heard reports and sure enough, had to turn off cloud save, figure out the ID of the game and delete the save from steam/userdata/2054970 to restart a new game. Sounds like this game is deserving of some of the negative reviews on steam.

Apparently you can only have one save file.

1711087789437.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 2WTF
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Of all the reasons, you hate one of its most enjoyable aspects - you didnt fight a Cockatrice, you know nothing!

You bring shame to our community blasphemer!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone getting the crashes? Created a dump report and from what I see I might have bad memory, or corrupted game files. Guess I'll run a memtest tonight and verify game files tomorrow.
Haven't crashed in like 4hours, but I've seen ppl have issues with crashes on reddit earlier so might be fucky with something.
Apparently you can only have one save file.

Well you can always turn off cloud saving and just launch the game, I'd assume making the files read only then launching it with it on again will force update your current file to the cloud too if you care, personally I always have it turned off and just do local backups with a .bat file.

Microtransactions I hadn't seen other than RC which was expected(ferrystone/wakestone too), the portcrystal is definitely iffy.