Dragon's Dogma 2

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I don't even mind 1 save file. But for fucks sake let me start a new game without having to jump through hoops.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
How did all these fuckwad reviewers fail to mention this?

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't even mind 1 save file. But for fucks sake let me start a new game without having to jump through hoops.
It is definitely super weird how they did that. It's not hard to fix but people shouldn't have to delete their saves(which if on PC also involves finding said files, can google it in 3secs but still it's not obvious like console saves). As I said earlier I started by spending like 30mins just fucking around with the files to figure out how to import my character, the file structure is weird and the save location is also weird(although somewhat easier than usual to find IF you think of looking into the steam directory, usually files are in AppData for the user which is a hidden folder by default too).

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The extra kicker is it deletes are your configuration changes too so have to redo any graphic/sound/controller configs if you do delete the save.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
pvhrUYD.png

judge restore GIF

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
While I dont give a fuck about DLC the Denuvo protection is sad.

Might just wait a bit before buying this one, not decided yet. A 3080 at 1440p might run decent?

Aazrael

Thats a pretty good comeback!

But in the end they will probably make more money with the DLC shit enabled than just a box price, so this will continue in the industry.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Talos

To be honest, I can look past the mtx because we can still find those things while playing. I can even overlook only having one character at a time even though that's kinda weird. But having to jump through hoops just to start a new game? To quote TJT, "What the fuck?"

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ok...
alot of climbing..
strange pawn deaths...
fighting in tight corridors is cancer...
inventory overweight hell

i swear dd1 is a much smoother experience.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Having day 1 consumable/expendable DLC for a single player game definitely knocks the game down at least 3 points out of 10 for me.

Strange decision because Monster Hunter World didn't really do this until much later and that game format is way more suitable for mtx and dlc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I refunded my pre-order. I will wait till this gets a discount with bundled content.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Having day 1 consumable/expendable DLC for a single player game definitely knocks the game down at least 3 points out of 10 for me.

Strange decision because Monster Hunter World didn't really do this until much later and that game format is way more suitable for mtx and dlc.
They did that with DMC and RE and I'd be surprised if the next MH doesn't have it too, just how they do their games. The shit they sell isn't even worth spending money really, but I guess some suits said you have to have MTX and technically not having them is leaving some money on the table even if it's not much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, does the save file hoop bullshit only matter if you did the precreation character thing?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So, does the save file hoop bullshit only matter if you did the precreation character thing?
It only matters if you want to restart. The reason I had to do it for the character creator is because I wasn't sure if it was gonna show up after or what, so I ended up making a char, then figured it wasn't that and had to restart to pick the char. If I had closed before making the char(which I did a couple of times after when I was fixing it) I would have been able to just keep restarting until I got it right.

Since you can play every vocation on one char and you can get items to redo your chars a few hours into the game(technically if you speedrun it, like 10mins in), there isn't a huge need to restart but if you make an ugly char cause you aren't paying attention and want to, then you have to do the save deletion stuff.