Dragon's Dogma 2

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Sure, friend. Feel free to engage in a calm and rational discussion of the issue and not succumb to the outrage, perceived or otherwise.

Or please explain the relevance of providing a "yeah, but" defense of a practice you acknowledge is stupid and shouldn't exist. I'll try to hear you out and myself not losey shit or be outraged, but it seems like you're defending a practice you don't like because you perceive others as reacting in an outsized manner they are perceived to not have reacted to similarly in the past about other things.

Does categorizing some people (because clearly it's not all) as losing their shit make the issue any less stupid?

Is it not relevant to discuss or criticize this particular issue, with this game, at this time, because some other game at another time was worse?

I guess I'm confused by the modern societal theme of people not even being able to capably discuss one thing because another potentially irrelevant thing also existed. I'm generally more interested in the psychology of gaming and gamers than the games themselves, so if that's something one wants to discuss I'm game.

I think it is great that people lose their shit and make noise about it. But it won’t do any good if morons keep purchasing these types of things in game. This one is shady. They even kept it from the bonus list in the deluxe package until launch and now the entitlement to a few of those MTX items changed as included and actually listed.

Might be a fun game - optimization is shit and keeping MTX away from the reviewers and having it off was also bullshit.

Either way nothing stops unless people stop buying it. In this case the game might flop financially because of no performance mode on console and crap optimization on PC with Denuvo.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This thing is getting blasted on steam lol.

They really made a fucking game where you can’t delete your character and start over from scratch? I had to have read that wrong.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea it's not doing great on Steam (Reviews).

Skärmbild 2024-03-22 180534.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why the hate?
I think most of the hate is from the Anti Cheat and bad performance, sprinkled in with some MTX hate.

Will probably get it any day but in no hurry as the GF just tore down all the wallpaper in the next room so need to fix that first...

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Why the hate?

Just a bunch of broke incels who can't stand to see other people having fun playing a game. Please make your purchase immediately, citizen.

These seem to be the big ones: Bad performance. Awkward save files making it not easy to even restart a character. Cash shop that wasn't disclosed even to early access reviewers that only showed up at launch and goes counter to some of their advertised design philosophies.

Or at least those are the easy targets. Lots of reviews just saying the game doesn't seem that fun or evolved enough from the first. But easier to bash the low hanging pinyatas.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I genuinely don't give a single fuck about the MTX, the character deleting etc. It's annoying and unnecessary, sure, but completely irrelevant to me and how I consume games.

What is extremely annoying though is performance in town. In the world, I'm getting 70-110 fps on a 4090 7900x system with everything cranked. It tanks into the 40's in the city and is pretty jarring. Definitely needs a performance patch or dlss update.

The game itself though is a ton of fun. It's kind of make your own adventure and I can see most people missing a LOT of content. Feels like playing D&D meets old school Bethesda. Have had some hilarious moments already slinging goblins off waterfalls, throwing bombs at trolls etc. It's great.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I don't care about the stupid micro transactions because they're in all kinds of games now, even Dragon Quest. Only idiots buy that shit to begin with. But apparently they took a bunch of things that made the original game "fun" and changed them, thinking that they knew better than the consumer and fucked it all up. No Eternal Ferrystone? What the fuck?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I think most of the hate is from the Anti Cheat and bad performance, sprinkled in with some MTX hate.

Will probably get it any day but in no hurry as the GF just tore down all the wallpaper in the next room so need to fix that first...
There is no anti cheat. Its anti piracy.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Seems all player made pawns are tanks and mages. Hard to find thiefs and archers. I went sorcerer and it's pretty fun blowing shit up. Anyone know when the mystic archer quest happens in game?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The hate is justified even if the game is enjoyable. The anti-cheat system is atrocious in this game, and the fact you have to purchase a separate program to be able to edit your character is mindbottling.

• 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bought it off GMG (thanks) but probably won't play it until the first big patch after watching the frame analysis review above. I hope they kept the narrative style of the original, I don't want to be hand held and read a ton of quest notes and lore, hopefully it's the same as 1.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I should finish FF7 Rebirth either tonight or tomorrow. I'm debating playing this next or Rise of the Ronin which seems to be totally flying under the radar because of this game.

Performance is a concern though, I plan on playing on consoles. I can't watch the Digital Foundry analysis right now since I am at work. I can deal with 30fps if it's stable at 30, if it dips below that's not good.

It's kinda hard to decide with the price of games today...these 2 are 89.99 and 94.99 CAD.

Should I wait and do Rise of Ronin first and hope there's a performance patch when I finish Rise of Ronin?

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
The problem is that people fail to grasp is yeah, you can get it all in game. So why list it for $? Comes off as VERY sleezy/predatory to slip it in after the reviews are out.
oh i fully get that the MTXs are retarded, its just funny seeing how much misinformation there is on these issues

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The problem is that people fail to grasp is yeah, you can get it all in game. So why list it for $? Comes off as VERY sleezy/predatory to slip it in after the reviews are out.
Because if paypigs are going to give you money, why would you stop them?

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Because if paypigs are going to give you money, why would you stop them?

Nothing is rarely about what is done, but how and why. It seems a lot of long time fans and followers of the game aren't so upset about mtx existing necessarily, but that it seems like a bait and switch to the design philosophy and was kept secret.

Doubt most would be surprised or bothered if they just did the industry standard "it will exist but be cosmetic or incidental items" approach. But that doesn't seem to be how they approached it, and people are annoyed to pissed about it.

Pretty easy unforced error, too.

• 1Like