Dragon's Dogma 2

joz123

Potato del Grande
What a bunch of whiney little bitches. Its a single player game. Who gives a fuck if the devs put up a cash shop. Buy it or ignore it. Play it or don't. Get a saved game editor and do whatever the hell you want with it.

I've been watching people play it and it seems to run pretty damn smooth, no bugs or issues or fps issues, so I'm dismissing all of that as just more whining.
I'll never understand people that bitch about microtransactions. Unless you literally have to buy something to beat a game, it means nothing.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I've already made the point: Paypigs don't give a fuck. Money talks and gamers keep getting fleeced or have enough disposable income that they don't care. We had a chance to stop all this shit in its tracks when Horse Armor started all this shit and we collectively told game studios to fuck us harder. And you're included in that, bucko. Despite your very virtuous stance on message boards.

It all boils down to the fact that you very much sound like somebody who just wants to cry and be mad. I'm doubting you've even played the game and are likely ripping your opinions from other whiners on Reddit/social media.

I've very clearly been openly talking about how I haven't played the game and am responding to things I'm seeing in reviews and posts and asking questions, and your big gotcha is accusing me of doing the, uhhhhh, thing I've openly been doing? And I'm just very angry and looking for things to cry about?

Uh huh. Very perceptive. That kind of cunning criticism really cuts to the bone.

You are a strange and pathetic person.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
What a bunch of whiney little bitches. Its a single player game. Who gives a fuck if the devs put up a cash shop. Buy it or ignore it. Play it or don't. Get a saved game editor and do whatever the hell you want with it.

I've been watching people play it and it seems to run pretty damn smooth, no bugs or issues or fps issues, so I'm dismissing all of that as just more whining.

People whining about cash shop items are so lame that in your mind their existance magically fixed well documented performance issue?

That's a helluva take.

You know a game has issues when the threads are this hilarious.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'll never understand people that bitch about microtransactions. Unless you literally have to buy something to beat a game, it means nothing.

Then you don't understand resource allocation or business. If micro transactions somehow occured spontaneously and independent of a game's development or a studio's business plan then you'd be very wise to ignore something you don't personally care about. It doesn't mean nothing or they wouldn't be making conscious decisions to do these things that apparently a lot of gamers are annoyed by.

Personally, for instance, I don't care if a grown man wants to dress up like a woman in the privacy of their own bedroom or even go the store looking like a ma'an. But, when the local burger truck did a big announcement about how their owner is now trans and so brave and thu communit-y, literally reenacting a "burgers?" meme, I'm like fuck those guys? The food industry is hard enough, and now they're focusing on trans awareness and how brave a man with multiple sons is for putting on a dress and making it the whole town's business? Nope, I'm out, fuck off. I have to assume you aren't as concerned anymore with just making good food, and no thanks, I like my bowels intact.

I've played plenty of games with cash shops and mtx and subs or whatever. When they start doing it in an incompetent and underhanded way, they don't get my trust or my money.

All they had to do was be open about it from the beginning instead of what a lot of people seem to believe was a sham job and most people wouldn't have cared, at least not enough to make special note of complaint for what has become standard practice.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Then you don't understand resource allocation or business. If micro transactions somehow occured spontaneously and independent of a game's development or a studio's business plan then you'd be very wise to ignore something you don't personally care about. It doesn't mean nothing or they wouldn't be making conscious decisions to do these things that apparently a lot of gamers are annoyed by.

Personally, for instance, I don't care if a grown man wants to dress up like a woman in the privacy of their own bedroom or even go the store looking like a ma'an. But, when the local burger truck did a big announcement about how their owner is now trans and so brave and thu communit-y, literally reenacting a "burgers?" meme, I'm like fuck those guys? The food industry is hard enough, and now they're focusing on trans awareness and how brave a man with multiple sons is for putting on a dress and making it the whole town's business? Nope, I'm out, fuck off. I have to assume you aren't as concerned anymore with just making good food, and no thanks, I like my bowels intact.

I've played plenty of games with cash shops and mtx and subs or whatever. When they start doing it in an incompetent and underhanded way, they don't get my trust or my money.

All they had to do was be open about it from the beginning instead of what a lot of people seem to believe was a sham job and most people wouldn't have cared, at least not enough to make special note of complaint for what has become standard practice.
So you are whining because they exist.

Christmas Vacation Ok GIF

• 1Faggotry

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought the game.
I am playing the game.
I am having fun, without ever opening the cash shop.
It is not the best game I have ever played, but again I am having fun.

Oh and it is obvious that the sky is falling, cats and dogs are living together, and y'all motherfuckers need Jesus. Or Buddha or fucking some other cope. I mean the poeple bitching must cut themselves monthly to pretend they have menstrual issues. Fucking faggots, go play a game and shut the fuck up.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Because social media has bred an entire generation (two, really) of solipsistic manbabies who think that because THEY have no self control and/or because THEY don't like something, NOBODY else can either.

If I think it's bad, EVERYONE must think it's bad!
I've very clearly been openly talking about how I haven't played the game and am responding to things I'm seeing in reviews and posts and asking questions, and your big gotcha is accusing me of doing the, uhhhhh, thing I've openly been doing? And I'm just very angry and looking for things to cry about?

Uh huh. Very perceptive. That kind of cunning criticism really cuts to the bone.

You are a strange and pathetic person.
Pretty much what I thought. Thank you for your regurgitated Reddit opinion. We definitely could use more whiners on this site.

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Recommend melee if you are annoyed by the camera lock style of DD and screen clutter.

Combat feels better when you can actually see whats going on. A melee is intuitively moving toward and striking stuff. This is much smoother than a mage/caster trying to cast and swiveling the camera, while at the same time the spell effect covers the entire field of vision so you can't see any mobs or what's even happening clearly on screen.

Major flaw. But like DD1, warrior is going to be king so it's not a huge net negative.

tldr; DD's camera lock is less annoying when playing melee to a significant degree.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I bought the game.
I am playing the game.
I am having fun, without ever opening the cash shop.
It is not the best game I have ever played, but again I am having fun.

Oh and it is obvious that the sky is falling, cats and dogs are living together, and y'all motherfuckers need Jesus. Or Buddha or fucking some other cope. I mean the poeple bitching must cut themselves monthly to pretend they have menstrual issues. Fucking faggots, go play a game and shut the fuck up.

Maybe the game would have had a chance to be better with less people with your perspective that others should just shut up and consoom?

Everyone is noticing the dissonance and discord in everything these days. Its fascinating watching the vastly different ways people try to cope with it.

Literally a shut up and consoom reply. Fucking made day. Thanks for that.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
Yet another "meh" effort for a full priced game... yawn.
I'll have another look at the end of the year.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Because social media has bred an entire generation (two, really) of solipsistic manbabies who think that because THEY have no self control and/or because THEY don't like something, NOBODY else can either.

If I think it's bad, EVERYONE must think it's bad!

Pretty much what I thought. Thank you for your regurgitated Reddit opinion. We definitely could use more whiners on this site.

Yeah, the problem is social media exists, not that retard spastic tryhards like you have always existed.

Nobody has said shit that others shouldn't like the game or have fun. Or that they even think the game itself is bad because the business model is shit. Nobody that I've seen here has ridiculed anyone for liking the game or playing it or even buying it. Just that there are some bullshit mostly business practices that are tiresome....

Buuuut, when people express their concerns or issues or preferences, losers like you have to make things up to justify your own personal outrage-based complaints of other people who have personal opinions. As you of course accuse others of outrage as you rage like a spazz.

What do you get out of making up this reality for yourself?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
When half of the last 2 pages are posts about some concernfag whining about microtransactions even though he doesn't play the game or care about the transactions in this game. Just make a thread about MTX in modern games and write your essay about how you feel it's bad and discuss it there, don't need to be shitting up a thread in a game that was always going to have MTX(hell the fucking original game had the same kind of MTX) and said MTX are entirely pointless shit that's basically small paid cheats for people with no time to play games.

Anyway been playing a bunch, leveled Fighter to 6 for the weight augment, felt the only one I really wanted although I might go for stam on Archer too. Ran into the Thief Maister and learned 2 Maister skills when I'm only rank 6 Thief too, I thought there was only one Maister skill per vocation(like an ultimate skill) but apparently there's mulltiple and I don't even have the ultimate one I assume since I'm not rank9. Got an improved version of the flame blade(well "improved", it creates a big explosion when you activate it but that also puts you on fire lol, and you can't use it while grappling either which kinda sucks) and a counter which is real neat. Also got a full assassin outfit in that city so I look fucking cool.

I have yet to unlocked any of the special classes though, just War/Sorc. Not that I've been particularly looking for them but I thought they'd unlock earlier, I'm like lvl 20ish with 12hours played so it's kinda interesting. I've been faffing about with sidequests and running into random caves and dungeons though and I haven't advanced the main questline much.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When half of the last 2 pages are posts about some concernfag whining about microtransactions even though he doesn't play the game or care about the transactions in this game. Just make a thread about MTX in modern games and write your essay about how you feel it's bad and discuss it there, don't need to be shitting up a thread in a game that was always going to have MTX(hell the fucking original game had the same kind of MTX) and said MTX are entirely pointless shit that's basically small paid cheats for people with no time to play games.

Anyway been playing a bunch, leveled Fighter to 6 for the weight augment, felt the only one I really wanted although I might go for stam on Archer too. Ran into the Thief Maister and learned 2 Maister skills when I'm only rank 6 Thief too, I thought there was only one Maister skill per vocation(like an ultimate skill) but apparently there's mulltiple and I don't even have the ultimate one I assume since I'm not rank9. Got an improved version of the flame blade(well "improved", it creates a big explosion when you activate it but that also puts you on fire lol, and you can't use it while grappling either which kinda sucks) and a counter which is real neat. Also got a full assassin outfit in that city so I look fucking cool.

I have yet to unlocked any of the special classes though, just War/Sorc. Not that I've been particularly looking for them but I thought they'd unlock earlier, I'm like lvl 20ish with 12hours played so it's kinda interesting. I've been faffing about with sidequests and running into random caves and dungeons though and I haven't advanced the main questline much.
Are you switching just for augments or are you also trying to maximize stat growth? I'm trying to find a happy medium. I don't want to go through all the vocations just for stats. But I also don't want to be cucked on stamina

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

If you don't want to read discussion of the game or discussion of discussion of the game feel free to take the high road by just ignoring it, not then discussing how you don't want discussion by discussing the thing you don't want discussed.

Additionally, not replying to anyone or any post in particular, while also seeming to refer to specific post a posters with words like "your" makes you seem like you're just generally yelling at nobody in particular, or everyone all at once, which seems counter productive to someone so concerned with what topics get discussed and how those discussions take place.

If you need help using the quote function, let me know and I'll gladly point out some helpful tips.

• 1Worf

joz123

Potato del Grande
If you don't want to read discussion of the game or discussion of discussion of the game feel free to take the high road by just ignoring it, not then discussing how you don't want discussion by discussing the thing you don't want discussed.

Additionally, not replying to anyone or any post in particular, while also seeming to refer to specific post a posters with words like "your" makes you seem like you're just generally yelling at nobody in particular, or everyone all at once, which seems counter productive to someone so concerned with what topics get discussed and how those discussions take place.

If you need help using the quote function, let me know and I'll gladly point out some helpful tips.
You aren't discussing the game. You are bitching about things you read online about a game you don't even play. Any problems that impact the game performance have nothing to do with microtransactions. You are fucking delusional and need psychiatric help.

• 1Salty

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are you switching just for augments or are you also trying to maximize stat growth? I'm trying to find a happy medium. I don't want to go through all the vocations just for stats. But I also don't want to be cucked on stamina
Just for the augments, stats seem kinda whatever, especially with similar enough classes like Fighter and Thief which both have good str(it's mostly hp vs stamina, which is whatever). The gear already gives massive differences compared to base stats so I doubt it matters in the end. Stamina values seem to be like 2-4 more for Thief/Archer per level, which isn't going to matter a whole lot in the endgame, and stuff like rings give stupid amounts of stats it looks like comparatively.

Well augments and I want to play a bit of every class to get an idea, Fighter is quite nice in this, I remember not really liking Fighter in DD1 but the few hours I've done on it were fun in DD2, perfect counters are cool, the jumping skill jumps pretty high and does good damage and the counter feels great to use. Also Blink Strike moves quickly(especially with the upgrade) so you have no issue just getting on the mages/archers and stuff, I feel like in DD1 Fighter mobility was kinda ass but maybe remembering wrong.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
You aren't discussing the game. You are bitching about things you read online about a game you don't even play. Any problems that impact the game performance have nothing to do with microtransactions. You are fucking delusional and need psychiatric help.

Please consider that you could stop being a pearl clutching faggot pretending nobody is allowed to discuss a game directly or the indirect situation of a shoddy game release unless one plays a game that barely just released.

I'm a consumer looking for information on a game to decide if wanted to purchase it, and holy shit turns out there were some issues and complaints at launch.

Feel free to petition our fair and just mods for every game to have multiple threads. One for people to discuss the gameplay. One for the discussion of the state of a game. Etc.

Oh, a thread for people who, what, upload a receipt to prove they purchased it? Or would weekly playtimes need to be verified to determine if an individual is properly playing the game enough to be allowed commenting privileges.

Ooooh we can make posters upload "I voted" stickers before allowing them to have opinions in the political threads!

I'm delusional, yet you're making some counterpoint about "any problems that impact the game performance have nothing to do with microtransactions" that is so far out of left field you're getting a gay blowie under the bleachers. Like, what are you even talking about?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
In most games yes. The shit they’re selling, in this game specifically, drops in spades in the game. This specific game we are talking about right now, not every other fucking game where they design around trying to sell you shit. You end up with WAY more shit than you ever need without buying a thing. You fuckers aren’t even reading the multiple replies stating this, you’re applying other games shitty drop rate design philosophy to this one.
You have to pay to restart the game. What are you talking about.

• 1Worf