Dragon's Dogma 2

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You have to pay to restart the game. What are you talking about.
No you don’t. Wtf are you talking about? Delete your save file and start over. Or wait til they add restart to the Home Screen.

Stop believing Reddit and play it for yourselves. The problems you non-players are crying about aren’t real.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You have to pay to restart the game. What are you talking about.
It'd be nice if people who haven't actually played the game could at least stop parroting random bullshit from the internet.

stats seem kinda whatever
Am I crazy, or are they just random? The last 4 levels at the end of getting my pawn to rank 9 mage were one level with 0 str/12 mag and the other three were more str than mag (and nowhere near 12 points total, it was like 4 and 3 or 5 and 2). My arisen hasn't seen anything like that with str-based vocations either, which is odd. Most of my levels are in thief, with a few in archer and fighter. I've never gotten anything close to 12 str/0 mag. It's usually like 5-6 str and 1-2 mag with the occasional 3 str/4 mag oddity. I assume it's because they get more in stuff like hp/sta/def/mdef. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing that if you want big str rolls you have to go warrior, which I've been putting off because I fucking hated that vocation in DD1. I should be screenshotting my level ups to try and make some sense of it but I forget every damn time.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
No you don’t. Wtf are you talking about? Delete your save file and start over. Or wait til they add restart to the Home Screen.

Stop believing Reddit and play it for yourselves. The problems you non-players are crying about aren’t real.
Clearly that's a work around as the cloud will restore your save. They didn't intend it.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Steam allows you to disable cloud saves. Then delete the save. Just seems like BS for a game you paid for.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Clearly that's a work around as the cloud will restore your save. They didn't intend it.
I can't believe you doubled down on that instead of just realizing that the source of your info is a fucking retard.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I can't believe you doubled down on that instead of just realizing that the person you're getting your info from is a fucking retard.
I'm just going based on his description. You can only have 1 saved file for a single player game. Say what ever you want but that's retarded faggotry.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm just going based on his description. You can only have 1 saved file for a single player game. Say what ever you want but that's retarded faggotry.
Agree that is stupid but that is not the only thing you said. You don’t have to pay for anything in this game, at all. Just like the first game. The MTX you can buy is so useless and inconsequential I didn’t even fucking know DD1 had the same things as purchasable until the Reddit brigade started crying about it and I’ve played through DD1 multiple times. Egregious MTX sucks but you’re bitching at the wrong game for it.

The way the game is designed there isn’t really a major reason you would want or need to have multiple saves or even start over before beating it. You can switch your class back and forth without restrictions. They probably didn’t really think about it much. It’s still a dumb design and it’s obvious the community wants it. They released a statement that they will add a restart to the Home Screen. Free of charge omgz!!

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Agree that is stupid but that is not the only thing you said. You don’t have to pay for anything in this game, at all. Just like the first game. The MTX you can buy is so useless and inconsequential I didn’t even fucking know DD1 had the same things as purchasable until the Reddit brigade started crying about it and I’ve played through DD1 multiple times. Egregious MTX sucks but you’re bitching at the wrong game for it.

The way the game is designed there isn’t really a major reason you would want or need to have multiple saves or even start over before beating it. You can switch your class back and forth without restrictions. They probably didn’t really think about it much. It’s still a dumb design and it’s obvious the community wants it. They released a statement that they will add a restart to the Home Screen. Free of charge omgz!!
You can thank the complainers!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I guess in two years when I restart and play through again I’ll thank the crybaby bitches for saving me 30 seconds of my life deleting my old save file.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I just want to take a moment and say how proud I am that so many different people on both sides of the argument were able to work in different ways to call each other faggots. At the end of the day, that's what this place truly is about and it's nice to see so many of you keeping this tradition alive.

• 11Like
  • 7Solidarity
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 23 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

The problem is confusion and/or incompetence. They launched a game where they didn't discuss a cash shop, nor did the early access streamers and such. Then on launch there's a cash shop with items that seem like it should just be a part of any base game, like changing your character. Leading gamers to assume the items are important, because why would they be selling them if they weren't.

And of course the same people that want a pharmaceutical style sanitizing of reality don't want it discussed and are forced to defend the game because they're really defending their vision of reality.

Just look at the defenses, though, to see how absurd things are:

They know there are massive performance issues and are looking into them!

They're looking into adding a button to restart the game's lone save file!

You can do work arounds to be able to delete the save file to restart.

The items in the cash shop aren't important! But also necessary items you can get in the course of the game!

Players shouldn't be upset they didn't know about a cash shop because it's their fault for not assuming there would be one!

The cash shop items in other games of other genres were far worse!

If you decided not to pre-order or day-one purchase the game you can't discuss the things that informed that decision because it's not directly discussing the game!

I dunno, it's just bizarre. Not as bad as Diablo 4 coping, but once the "this is fine" brigade started hyperventilating about how any criticism of the game was unacceptable I started to assume the state of the game is worse than even the noisier complaints.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It'd be nice if people who haven't actually played the game could at least stop parroting random bullshit from the internet.

Am I crazy, or are they just random? The last 4 levels at the end of getting my pawn to rank 9 mage were one level with 0 str/12 mag and the other three were more str than mag (and nowhere near 12 points total, it was like 4 and 3 or 5 and 2). My arisen hasn't seen anything like that with str-based vocations either, which is odd. Most of my levels are in thief, with a few in archer and fighter. I've never gotten anything close to 12 str/0 mag. It's usually like 5-6 str and 1-2 mag with the occasional 3 str/4 mag oddity. I assume it's because they get more in stuff like hp/sta/def/mdef. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing that if you want big str rolls you have to go warrior, which I've been putting off because I fucking hated that vocation in DD1. I should be screenshotting my level ups to try and make some sense of it but I forget every damn time.
I can't say I have paid any attention to it tbh, I just don't even read the numbers. I compared my stats to my pawn to see it still had vocation based stat growth but that's about it, even in the first game I didn't care about minmaxing and I'm not gonna do it this time either, if I really want perfect stats I'll just edit the stats later but I assume just like DD1 your char stats won't amount to fuck all in endgame gear anyway.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I'm guessing you didn't actually play Dragon's Dogma? No fast travel and then extremely limited fast travel once you start finding a few portcrystals and ferrystones here and there was always a core part of the design. It wasn't until Dark Arisen that they added the eternal ferrystone, and even then it was only given to people who had a save file from the base game on their PS3 or 360. They didn't want people who hadn't already fully explored the world on foot to have it, and it wasn't until the PS4/XB1/PC release that they gave it to everyone.

Also, what is being sold is a portcrystal; the thing you place on the ground to create a location to teleport to. The "tokens" are called ferrystones and they are almost exclusively found in out of the way and difficult to reach chests, and otherwise prohibitively expensive (10k gold) to buy. So much so that even though I have a non-DLC portcrystal I haven't even bothered placing it because there's no way in hell I'd waste a ferrystone this early in the game. And no, there's no eternal ferrystone at all in DD2.
After reading a few of these comments and watching Force’s video I definitely have a change of opinion. The situation seems to be overblown but I still think Capcom dropped the ball here with some really poor optics.

How can they not foresee people losing their shit over some of these things?

• 1Truth!

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I just want to take a moment and say how proud I am that so many different people on both sides of the argument were able to work in different ways to call each other faggots. At the end of the day, that's what this place truly is about and it's nice to see so many of you keeping this tradition alive.

Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

• 6Worf
  • 3Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Yeah but I won. I didn't buy the game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dont care what others spend their money on in a SP game. The only relevant issues are performance issues and Denuvo. The MTX is dumb and going up in arms over it is dumb, and so is Capcom.

Y'all are smoking some serious fucking copium if you think the rates of item acquisition in games is not designed entirely to accommodate the cash shops in these games

The money doesn't lie - it works, and it works so big it warps the entire world of gaming as a result

DD1 had nearly no fast travel, the whole aspect of the game was to have you be forced to travel at night. Sure if this was a new aspect apart from DD1 then i would agree, but this is the same as it was in the first title and i dont remember any MTX -

Think hes asking how long the freeze happens, like does windows just go unresponsive, no change in screen, and if you move your mouse, does the tracking of which, still happen. Like sliding the cursor over to the right side of the screen from its original location on the left side of the screen. (That is, if the freeze is not akin to a BSOD and you have to restart the PC.)

Which hes looking to see if its just the monitor, or if its an internal PC component thats causing the handshake to fuck up.

Then you don't understand resource allocation or business. If micro transactions somehow occured spontaneously and independent of a game's development or a studio's business plan then you'd be very wise to ignore something you don't personally care about. It doesn't mean nothing or they wouldn't be making conscious decisions to do these things that apparently a lot of gamers are annoyed by.

Personally, for instance, I don't care if a grown man wants to dress up like a woman in the privacy of their own bedroom or even go the store looking like a ma'an. But, when the local burger truck did a big announcement about how their owner is now trans and so brave and thu communit-y, literally reenacting a "burgers?" meme, I'm like fuck those guys? The food industry is hard enough, and now they're focusing on trans awareness and how brave a man with multiple sons is for putting on a dress and making it the whole town's business? Nope, I'm out, fuck off. I have to assume you aren't as concerned anymore with just making good food, and no thanks, I like my bowels intact.

I've played plenty of games with cash shops and mtx and subs or whatever. When they start doing it in an incompetent and underhanded way, they don't get my trust or my money.

All they had to do was be open about it from the beginning instead of what a lot of people seem to believe was a sham job and most people wouldn't have cared, at least not enough to make special note of complaint for what has become standard practice.

MTX angst in 2024 is dumb, its not going anywhere. I've never spoke to a dev/producer at Naughty, Bio, Rare who said anything about MTX, its never come up, its never been a topic. However all the sandy vags have me curious as to at which point in development and how much allocation even goes into it.

Considering id imagine most people in these forums are beyond 30 and have been gaming since the good old UO days, im baffled by how many are crying over some of the lowest MTX prices. You know plenty of SP games have MTX right? RPGs have costumes(Tales, FF, Assassin Creed, Dead Space, Deux Ex), COD(MP obv) has...everything - get over it.

Ubi/Acti - full price games with MTX that can cost a quarter of the cost of the game itself - you want a dope looking mount/weap/outfit/skin - pay us

DD2 - you want to fast travel? give us a few bucks.

Last edited:
  • 3Pathetic
  • 2GreNeg
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This post is hella gay with a side of fag..faggot.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If anyone really wants them right away, I've read that you can use cheat engine to add in Rift Crystals. Don't think my 970 will run this game, so no way to check, and this game certainly doesn't warrant an upgrade, nor paying full price.

I also checked if CreamAPI works to enable all the DLC, but it looks like the anticheat is picking it up and disabling it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Using the game in offline mode just sounds like a hassle. That thread is littered with complaints about stability.

It's cool that they're trying but looks like it's for superspergs only. I don't need to mod my crystals or stamina that bad.