Dragon's Dogma 2

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Did the first Dragon's Dogma ever get mods? Even with the max camera distance, I still feel like the thing is up my ass most of the time. Anything else you can do to make that aspect a little better?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did the first Dragon's Dogma ever get mods? Even with the max camera distance, I still feel like the thing is up my ass most of the time. Anything else you can do to make that aspect a little better?
Yeah there's a lot of mods, not sure about camera though, can check Nexus page for DD DA, but who knows how long mods will take in this and how much can be done in comparison.

Last edited:

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah there's a lot of mods, not sure about camera though, can check Nexus page for DD:DA, but who knows how long mods will take in this and how much can be done in comparison.

There were nude mods on nexus before the damn game even launched.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There were nude mods on nexus before the damn game even launched.
That's not the same thing though, just cause the mods work on char creator doesn't mean they'd work on the game. Although checking the page myself it has mods already, including the nude mod which they fixed for the full game too it looks like. Field of View Increase This too but the description says it's buggy during cutscenes and stuff so not sure it's worth checking out.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
That's not the same thing though, just cause the mods work on char creator doesn't mean they'd work on the game. Although checking the page myself it has mods already, including the nude mod which they fixed for the full game too it looks like. Field of View Increase This too but the description says it's buggy during cutscenes and stuff so not sure it's worth checking out.
I was just surprised at the industriousness of the horny gamers.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Vorph Vorph : VRR making any difference if you are running the game in this mode? I still have an hdmi 2.0a receiver and while I run my PS5 through arc and have full hdmi 2.1 capabilities there, my series x is going through my A770. One of these days I am going to upgrade the receiver but for basically what amounts to VRR, ALLR support I was waiting until the next gen consoles to come out and do both upgrades at once. Was curious if you saw smoother gameplay as a result since it varies from 30-43 uncapped.

Still thinking of pulling the trigger on a Denon x1800h but with how many games lack variable frames (most have perf or graphic modes locked) it doesn’t make much sense at this stage of the game.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am also creating my first pawn. I shall name it: “Mist”.

Attachments

• IMG_4170.jpeg
    IMG_4170.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 12Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ubi/Acti - full price games with MTX that can cost a quarter of the cost of the game itself - you want a dope looking mount/weap/outfit/skin - pay us

DD2 - you want to fast travel? give us a few bucks.

Ubisoft purposely designed and nerfed XP gains into the fucking ground to get players so frustrated in assassin creed games that in order to progress on what was ORIGINALLY scoped, onehas to buy the lifetime XP boost to retain sanity. This is where it goes infinitely wrong and is much more than just bullshit cosmetics.

You are correct in that it isn’t going anywhere because it’s easy as fuck to implement a cash shop and throw a bunch of horse skins in there. But don’t mix up cosmetic shops for purposeful design around fucking with the entire game scope to damn near force people to use the MTX system to play what was nominal design before said MTX shop existed. Ubisoft is in an entirely different world of fuckery with this across itemization gains and progression.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
The ogres? Whatever the monkey looking fuckers are in this game had me rolling. The son of a bitch leaping drop kicked me from 50 feet away off a cliff lmaooo

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
This is where it goes infinitely wrong and is much more than just bullshit cosmetics.

And the DD2 situation isn't as simple as represented as just fast travel, no biggie. The game director literally did the "travel should be meaningful" meme and represented a design philosophy justifying limited fast travel saying DD2 travel was going to be fun and worth the time and challenge.

It would be like Elden Ring selling a difficulty slider. It's not so much the idea itself, but how counter it is to the alleged spirit of the game.

And then we get all the cucks defending anything critical or negative across the whole of society because anything else disrupts the blissfullness of their ignorance. As per the norm.

I don't know if people's meds keep them from just saying, "yeah, shit sucks" before making or after making a decision. I can play a game like DD2 with the acknowledgement I'm not pleased with some practices of the company or aspects of a game. But there seems to be a lot of people struggling to cope with anything but blissful ignorance.

I've watched my brother in law be a well adjusted if not slightly cynical typical bro gamer get put on happy meds and now he struggles with any amount of reality. When we get together I just tell him very basic, not that scandalous things that are true he didn't know about, and whether it's politics or gaming he isn't aware of anything negative or critical, unless fed to him by very mainstream sources, even on topics he cares about most. It's bizarre watching his meds just sorta struggle to work and him unable to process basic things, like criticism of Diablo 4 as he was playing Diablo 4.

I wonder if most middle age male gamers are just in a midlife crisis and so medicated on pharmaceuticals or their own farts they can't process a world where a game they were hyped for did some stupid or shady shit. Like, will it start a rabbit hole that unravels their entire reality, because that's how precarious they present their reality.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Has anyone explained why they put anti-cheat code into this? The only thing I can think of is because pawns can be shared online, but who cares if someone wants to add an OP pawn to their party?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Has anyone explained why they put anti-cheat code into this? The only thing I can think of is because pawns can be shared online, but who cares if someone wants to add an OP pawn to their party?
What anti cheat? Denuvo is anti piracy not anti cheat.

• 3Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
And the DD2 situation isn't as simple as represented as just fast travel, no biggie. The game director literally did the "travel should be meaningful" meme and represented a design philosophy justifying limited fast travel saying DD2 travel was going to be fun and worth the time and challenge.

It would be like Elden Ring selling a difficulty slider. It's not so much the idea itself, but how counter it is to the alleged spirit of the game.

And then we get all the cucks defending anything critical or negative across the whole of society because anything else disrupts the blissfullness of their ignorance. As per the norm.

I don't know if people's meds keep them from just saying, "yeah, shit sucks" before making or after making a decision. I can play a game like DD2 with the acknowledgement I'm not pleased with some practices of the company or aspects of a game. But there seems to be a lot of people struggling to cope with anything but blissful ignorance.

I've watched my brother in law be a well adjusted if not slightly cynical typical bro gamer get put on happy meds and now he struggles with any amount of reality. When we get together I just tell him very basic, not that scandalous things that are true he didn't know about, and whether it's politics or gaming he isn't aware of anything negative or critical, unless fed to him by very mainstream sources, even on topics he cares about most. It's bizarre watching his meds just sorta struggle to work and him unable to process basic things, like criticism of Diablo 4 as he was playing Diablo 4.

I wonder if most middle age male gamers are just in a midlife crisis and so medicated on pharmaceuticals or their own farts they can't process a world where a game they were hyped for did some stupid or shady shit. Like, will it start a rabbit hole that unravels their entire reality, because that's how precarious they present their reality.
What the fuck are you even talking about anymore? Ask your bro for some of his meds.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Why are you all repeating this shit? They sell one (1) waypoint stone in the store. That does not make any difference as you need a consumable (ferry stone) to fast travel, they are not selling those. Unless I am missing something every reddit idiot is spewing this misinformation.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think I need to buy it soon to just piss off people more. I planned on getting it at release but think I'll wait until I get bored of PoE's new league. Maybe they can patch a little performance by then, but I doubt it.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Why are you all repeating this shit? They sell one (1) waypoint stone in the store. That does not make any difference as you need a consumable (ferry stone) to fast travel, they are not selling those. Unless I am missing something every reddit idiot is spewing this misinformation.

Yeah I haven't even bought this game yet but the weird amount of disinformation surrounding it is ???

Social media continues to be a mistake

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf