Dragon's Prophet

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03...-in-beta-vids/

New gameplay Video from the Korea Beta.

Think just like 4 classes.

The Video looks alot like Aion.

This game be on SoE station pass lol maybe Sub as well have no idea.

Also could sworn there was thread for this but cant find it.

MMO Culture has posted some hands-on impressions with Runewaker's new Dragon's Prophet title. The fantasy MMO, which will be published in North America by SOE, is most notable for its extensive dragon-based gameplay featuring taming, progression, and mounted combat.

The author comments on the game's combo-based combat system, saying that it is "full non-target" with the ability to aim manually and hit multiple enemies. He also points out that you can't fight "while moving jumping, or swimming," though. The article features several lengthy gameplay videos, the first of which is embedded for you after the break.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Runes of Magic was the only FTP MMO I've played that came close to a decent AAA title when it came out (what, 5+ years ago?), and ironically it was Runewaker that completely fucked it up with expansions by putting more and more emphasis on the cash shop until the game reached a point where it was impossible to play and raid end game without shelling out serious cash. It will be interesting to see how the Dragon system plays out and so far this game sounds like RODE Online 2.0 (with similar looking Dragon mounts/Dragon system).

I seriously doubt this game would succeed with a Sub and right now they are touting FTP with a CS. If it's like PlanetSide2, I could easily live with it. If it's like Chapter 2-3 Runes of Magic where Runewaker forces its player base into the cs just to create the items needed to play endgame, I wouldn't go near it.

I'm a sucker for flying-based mounted combat/pvp so I'll keep my eye on this and give it a try. The combat and animations in this game look absolutely horrid though.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Well this game is on SOE all access pass but if like aion with just 4 classes, I wont even play it as free with gold sub cause I have all access accounts 1 year each etc.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
This game is the traditional FTP game from a FTP company (Runewaker) that runs on a CS that SoE is going to publish. Its been confirmed there is no sub and if it is on the all access pass you'll probably just get free CS currency to spend every month. SoE is already selling "founders packs" that give you Beta Access and the standard Runewaker CS items (portal stones, bind Stones, exclusive mounts, ect).

Closed Beta started yesterday and Runewaker/SoE are on a media blitz, but the more I read the more this game sounds...not great. Actually, it sounds pretty much like a modern day generic FTP MMO with dragon pets. The one thing that caught my eye that seems kinda cool and stands out is that while there are only 4 classes (Ranger w/bow, Guardian w/sword, Sorcerer w/magic, and Oracle w/scythe), all 4 classes are designed for DPS. There is no standard trinity, but by utilizing dragon abilities you can customize your skills and abilities to have healing elements/combos or tanking passives. Every ability is an AoE and their targeting system works similar to Vindictus/Dragons Nest.

Read somewhere today that their "flying dragons" don't even fly, they hover a foot off the ground, and the ones that do fly only fly on rails from one area to the next.

I don't know what similarities or comparisons you see between this game and Aion.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
This game is the traditional FTP game from a FTP company (Runewaker) that runs on a CS that SoE is going to publish. Its been confirmed there is no sub and if it is on the all access pass you'll probably just get free CS currency to spend every month. SoE is already selling "founders packs" that give you Beta Access and the standard Runewaker CS items (portal stones, bind Stones, exclusive mounts, ect).

Closed Beta started yesterday and Runewaker/SoE are on a media blitz, but the more I read the more this game sounds...not great. Actually, it sounds pretty much like a modern day generic FTP MMO with dragon pets. The one thing that caught my eye that seems kinda cool and stands out is that while there are only 4 classes (Ranger w/bow, Guardian w/sword, Sorcerer w/magic, and Oracle w/scythe), all 4 classes are designed for DPS. There is no standard trinity, but by utilizing dragon abilities you can customize your skills and abilities to have healing elements/combos or tanking passives. Every ability is an AoE and their targeting system works similar to Vindictus/Dragons Nest.

Read somewhere today that their "flying dragons" don't even fly, they hover a foot off the ground, and the ones that do fly only fly on rails from one area to the next.

I don't know what similarities or comparisons you see between this game and Aion.
I was just making the point if even there is Hybrid sub or ftp model would not matter to me as have the soe all access accounts all our accounts are those and 1 year subs etc at time.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am playing the beta of this game, and got this email with a key that has unlimited uses for a stresstest on wednesday April 24th from 12.00-18.00 CEST.

Key: STR3SST35T1
Link to redeem the key:https://www.dragonspropheteurope.com/en/account/betakey

At least that is how I understood the email.

You will have to research the game yourself, I am done with reviewing shit like this, just take a look for yourself. For those interested.

ShaKadelic_sl

shitlord
So, today began open beta. Waiting for the download, i researched a bit and it seem this game sucks ass, hate comments everywhere. I like scythes and dragons, so i really am curious how fucked up its gonna be.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Well... I installed it and played for half an hour.
That was the worst 30 minutes of gaming I have ever played. The combat, the visuals, the animations, the story... good god...

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well... I installed it and played for half an hour.
That was the worst 30 minutes of gaming I have ever played. The combat, the visuals, the animations, the story... good god...
I am impressed, I could only last about 10 minutes.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
Seriously one of the worst MMOs I've ever played. I couldn't find a single thing they did right in the very brief time I played it.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
This game feels really cheaply made. I thought it looked decent graphically until I got in game and it looks pretty bad. I got stuck in a elevator thing for like three days because I couldn't be bothered to figure out a /stuck command. Once I did and got unstuck, I never logged back in.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Is this for real? It looks like Scythe Evie gameplay from Vindictus minus 90% of the move set and a decade off the visuals.

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
"After raiding, the next system that Carson expounded on was the frontier system -- the unique combination of housing and PvP. In Dragon's Prophet, the two systems go hand in hand because PvP is enabled only up on the housing islands. Players can flag themselves open for PvP and fight other flagged players elsewhere in the game, but only the housing islands will be completely open PvP. And those islands are precisely where the territory wars will be.

Although anyone can buy land and own a house (which cannot be destroyed), only guilds will be able to capture citadels. Citadels are basically the castle that rule over a specific island. Guilds that capture citadels will be able to enact a tax on all residences on that island. Those tax funds can then be used to purchase equipment and hire NPCs to help defend the area from enemy attack, including catapults, cannons, and guards. These defenses will attack any non-guilded players who encroach on the area. Of course, if the citadel owner is not benevolent, residents may have to fend for themselves as the lord of the land hoards the money all for himself.

As in all territorial war systems, citadel ownership is apt to change hands, especially if there is no defense to prevent enemies from swooping in and taking over, but even with the purchased defense mechanisms, nothing can replace player support. One point that Carson brought up was that although unguilded players can fight on the rest of the island to help defend, only official members of the guild can actually enter the citadel to defend from within. Also, there will be a flight ceiling with citadels so that folks can't just literally swoop in from above and drop into the structure. Beta testers won't have to worry about that much anyway, though, as aerial combat as a whole will be a post-launch system,

While giving us this glimpse of the PvP and citadel systems, Carson reminded that things are subject to modification; after all, these systems, like raiding, are still under development. It is actually the completion and implementation of these systems that will signal that the game is ready to go. Carson stated, "Once we get [PvP] working and we get our raid content in, then we will be ready for launch."

Source:http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06...s-and-housing/

Seems like a really cool concept.