Dredd 2 (2024 Confirmed!)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
At least Gladiator 2 is actually being made

We don't need a Gladiator 2, the first was an extremely self-contained story and the main character isn't around anymore.

Will it?

I feel like there's some deeper reason why Dredd never got a sequel. Maybe it's too masculine, or the authoritarianism is too problematic (since it's patriarchal). Or maybe it's because it portrays law enforcement as heroes and rampant lawlessness as a bad thing and that reflects too poorly on current society.

I'll do you one better: could it happen? At least as a proper sequel to this movie.
An authority figure wielding its power fairly, but harshly and seemingly taking pleasure in doing so in current time?
Killing druggies and rioters and what not? That's not going to fly.

This very movie today would probably be considered controversial.
Maybe its for the best if it doesn't happen, at least for now.

Yeah, that's what I'm going for. I think there are some Current Year shenanigans going on and that's been the case for like 7 years now, ensuring this movie got shelved. It's something else that "bad people" enjoy, like The Punisher.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like there's some deeper reason why Dredd never got a sequel. Maybe it's too masculine, or the authoritarianism is too problematic (since it's patriarchal). Or maybe it's because it portrays law enforcement as heroes and rampant lawlessness as a bad thing and that reflects too poorly on current society.
No matter what ulterior motives/long term plans Hollywood has for cultural manipulation through what projects they push, you don't need to look any deeper than the money to understand why there will never be a Dredd 2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Just Stop!

Sad Season 3 GIF by Rick and Morty

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
All jokes aside who is really responsible for this movie being amazing? I remember hipster Indian getting credit but was he just a douche?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All jokes aside who is really responsible for this movie being amazing? I remember hipster Indian getting credit but was he just a douche?
it could just be its simplistic story and the fact that Karl Urban didnt need everyone to see his mug so he stayed under the helmet the entire time as Dredd's character would have done.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Oh wow, news Dredd 2 news.