Dredd 2 (2024 Confirmed!)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Hey you just said HBO! I didn't know they had different services for different coutnries. Maybe get a VPN and HBO Now?

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Hey you just said HBO! I didn't know they had different services for different coutnries. Maybe get a VPN and HBO Now?
I just got HBO Nordic and as far as I can tell it has all HBO original programming as soon as it is released.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Veep, Silicon Valley, Tonight with John Oliver are fucking great shows on HBO. To say only GoT and TD are the only good series is wrong. Then there is Vice Principles coming out and Ballers that a lot of people like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Veep, Silicon Valley, Tonight with John Oliver are fucking great shows on HBO. To say only GoT and TD are the only good series is wrong. Then there is Vice Principles coming out and Ballers that a lot of people like
Ballers is pretty good, if you like The Rock then its a no brainer.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Yeah, HBO's got plenty of good programming still going. That was a really bad opinion.

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
HBO Nordic arrived here in Sweden 2012, when it did, you had no trial period, you automatically got a 12 months subscription that had to be cancelled 3 months prior the end date or else subscribe for 12 more months, later during 2013 this was changed, to 2 weeks of trial period and they removed the 12 months subscription thing, then changed again 2015 to 1 month trial , Netflix in Sweden has always had 1 month trial period, you have always been able to cancel it immediately.

Being able to watch it through Playstation and Google Chromecast was added april 1st 2016, again, Netflix has always been availible for us on them, there are still alot of smart-tv's where you cant see HBO Nordic.

Maybe we are a bit spoiled here, with The Piratebay and Swefilm.tv where you can either download or stream virtually any tv-series or movie, personally I find that the movie section at HBO nordic is a joke:HBO Nordic95-98 % is pure shit and if you add the fact that the recently added movies areHBO Nordicjust laughable, again you will find way better at Netflix.

To answer your question, theres a VAST difference between the services provided between HBO and HBO Nordic.

Not only the tech bit and movies / series but also the customer contact, if it was still possible to see the hate storm that struck HBO Nordic during 2012-2014 on facebook, we would have shared some laughs I am sure, but the fuckers has removed the "forum" there so aint possible to see it no more.

I just got HBO Nordic and as far as I can tell it has all HBO original programming as soon as it is released.
The original programming yes, but HBO provides others like AMC etc and that will differ.

Sorry m8, my bad, instead of writing it I should have linked all, here ya go:The 20 Best HBO Series of All Time :: TV :: Lists :: Pastelet me know if I missed anything. (p.s reading through it, I see that some series are missing even there, again I apologise for that too)

The point which some of you have missed is that I was talking about HBO Nordic, I even quoted the post in my reply, I'll bold the part that my reply was aimed towards.

Depends on where in the world you are. Netflix in scandinavia has shit for content, and yes on my PC I can pretend to be from the US and get something worth the fee but its harder on the PS4 and thats what I use for the TV watching so /shrug.Until they fix their content here its not worth the money, hell even HBO has better stuff.

Homsar

Sorry m8, my bad, instead of writing it I should have linked all, here ya go:The 20 Best HBO Series of All Time :: TV :: Lists :: Pastelet me know if I missed anything.

The point which some of you have missed is that I was talking about HBO Nordic, I even quoted the post in my reply, I'll bold the part that my reply was aimed towards.
That list is god awful, the fact that Leftovers/Lindelof is on that list and ranked higher than Boardwalk, Eastbound, Oz is hilarious. Bored to Death being ranked higher and TD at #3 is another wtf

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
That list is god awful, the fact that Leftovers/Lindelof is on that list and ranked higher than Boardwalk, Eastbound, Oz is hilarious. Bored to Death being ranked higher and TD at #3 is another wtf
Ah yes I saw that afterwards, part of the reason I edited my text a bit above, but then again these top 10/20/40/60 etc etc lists are like assholes, we each have one.

Couldnt find a list of all series that were shown on HBO so I just picked one.

Homsar

Man crush on Carl Urban

"I'm amenable to being involved in any legitimate and worthy follow up to Dredd, whether it be another theatrical release or a Netflix/Amazon targeted production," he told DenOfGeek. "I think the best thing that fans can do is to continue be vocal about their support. Organise more fan screenings of Dredd, that's one of the key factors that helped Blade Runner find its true audience. I would be blessed and it would be a privilege to make another Dredd. I feel so incredibly grateful to the fans of this movie."

The actor also said he thinks Dredd was just slightly ahead of its time, as Deadpool has demonstrated an increased "audience demand for R-rated graphic novel films."

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
There is no reason why a known IP with a big nerd goodwill can't be sent to series in some format. Every media company is starving for content now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There is no reason why a known IP with a big nerd goodwill can't be sent to series in some format. Every media company is starving for content now.
this isnt the case, lots of good content is being created daily by good authors. content isnt the problem, bankable content is. its easier and safer to back something that was a success in the past than to risk money on something which they consider unknown. 20 years ago this wasnt as big a deal because movies were cheaper to produce and you had movie execs from the oldschool who were interested in new stuff to groundbreak their genres. now its all about the blockbuster and the first weekend returns. when i was a kid movies would sometimes stay in the theater for months, now shit is gone after 2 weeks unless its a massive success

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
this isnt the case, lots of good content is being created daily by good authors. content isnt the problem, bankable content is. its easier and safer to back something that was a success in the past than to risk money on something which they consider unknown. 20 years ago this wasnt as big a deal because movies were cheaper to produce and you had movie execs from the oldschool who were interested in new stuff to groundbreak their genres. now its all about the blockbuster and the first weekend returns. when i was a kid movies would sometimes stay in the theater for months, now shit is gone after 2 weeks unless its a massive success
I was more thinking about TV series with my thoughts. But I think movies will eventually move to what video games do now. There are the million selling AAA Top tier stuff that does not make a dime, like according to Square...Tomb Raider. Then you can see the indie explosion where a ton of little games make good profits then there is a big explosive genre changer like Undertale or Minecraft that actually gets eyeballs at that level. Kevin Smith has been trying to do that, if he wasn't a burn out now he could probably do really well in that system.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was more thinking about TV series with my thoughts. But I think movies will eventually move to what video games do now. There are the million selling AAA Top tier stuff that does not make a dime, like according to Square...Tomb Raider. Then you can see the indie explosion where a ton of little games make good profits then there is a big explosive genre changer like Undertale or Minecraft that actually gets eyeballs at that level. Kevin Smith has been trying to do that, if he wasn't a burn out now he could probably do really well in that system.
yeah, tv is still doing what the movie people used to do, but rehashed shit is starting to creep in too , hanibal, fargo, psycho.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The first season is a different story in same vein. It's a homage to the movie and it's some of the best TV ever written. The second season is a completely new story, and somewhat of a prequel and probably even better than the first season. And you get to see Kirsten Dunst act her ass off, she was surprisingly great.

So you "why bother" yourself to death. You're missing out.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The first season is a different story in same vein. It's a homage to the movie and it's some of the best TV ever written. The second season is a completely new story, and somewhat of a prequel and probably even better than the first season. And you get to see Kirsten Dunst act her ass off, she was surprisingly great.

So you "why bother" yourself to death. You're missing out.
is it a story that needs a prequel or a homage though? didnt the movie say all that needs to be said?

Homsar

Its stories that take place in fargo over the last 4 decades. Do you not watch movies that take place in new york because you watched ghostbusters wtf. They share the same town but the story stops there