Drinking with female co-workers

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
It's a creative-ish company. Last time I worked at such a company (fashion) everyone got wasted and started making out with each other. I hooked up with my married boss and eventually got fired when it got back to her I fucked 2 girls she hated.

I'm 10 years older this time around and know better, but can be a sloppy drunk. My strategy this time is to show up an hour late and hang out with my bosses/bro crew, pace myself and hopefully remain employed.

Just wanted to hear everyone's advice/stories here.

:p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea, not sure if this is supposed to be a funny GIF thread(I'm not as good as Fedor at finding shit, that's why I come here) but this is kind of an interesting question.....
Do you not have basic social skills? Have you not been out with people you are not super comfortable/close with before?

Just in case you are serious, here is how I would proceed:

1.) It is a work event, so be social, chat with people. Try to keep the conversion a mix of work and general life questions like kids, hobbies, home projects. Avoid anything religious or political, if people bring it up just make some cheesy comment like "Ohh I'm so busy I barely have time to follow the news in detail, but I try to keep up with major events. I wish I had more time to be involved" or whatever.
2.) If you have no control over your drinking don't drink. Just say you have something to do early tomorrow. If you do have control obviously use it. Don't be the wasted dude at the party.
3.) All of the above should either be obvious or completely out the window, you know your office/work culture better than us.....

I have had some jobs/customers I go out with and it's all formal. Not uncomfortable, but just formal. 1-2 drinks, basic conversation, everyone leaves early. Then I go out with my fun co-workers, men and woman, and it's like I'm in college again. Everyone wasted, completely inappropriate comments and touching which I'm sure violates every HR policy in place.....BUT the people I do this with are all like minded. We actually ENJOY going out together and living it up. Most have kids and fairly boring or at least structured home life so the work trips and parties are an outlet.

Act however is appropriate for your environment. Pretty basic social stuff man

• 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Truth is I'm a professional social degenerate who's rusty (and practicing) at being a social normie.

It's been a while since I've had the opportunity & actually want to attend such a work event as I am fond of my coworkers. I obviously realize I can not be "that guy" at this event! ;)

I thought it would help me to talk about it here. Even cool guys like me worry about dumb shit.

:smuggly:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have had some jobs/customers I go out with and it's all formal. Not uncomfortable, but just formal. 1-2 drinks, basic conversation, everyone leaves early. Then I go out with my fun co-workers, men and woman, and it's like I'm in college again. Everyone wasted, completely inappropriate comments and touching which I'm sure violates every HR policy in place.....BUT the people I do this with are all like minded. We actually ENJOY going out together and living it up. Most have kids and fairly boring or at least structured home life so the work trips and parties are an outlet.

Same situation for me. I have some co-workers who visit from the other offices and it's always a great time. We'll go to concerts or visit breweries. Other co-workers it's dinner and I might only drink water during it. As for the party co-workers, the ones who get the wildest tend to be those with families and the business trips are party time.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
LulzSect LulzSect

You also just started this job, you have no pull at all, and you are not familiar with the internal office politics, who likes who, who talks crap about other people.

Keep it PG 18 until you have some time in the company, and you know who are your friends.
It is understandable to be the serious guy that is just one month into the job, vs been the guy doing a Frank the Tank, that is just one month into the job.
The fuck is pg18

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Handling it well 2.5. Refs in

Playing bar games and shit with the ladies

I GOT THIS

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I'm leaving.with the girl that had a bf

Guess I'm getting fired soon

*this was a drunken shitpost

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Hey this might be the girl to get you back into drugs again!

Don't do that.

• 1Solidarity

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I'm gonna get some coke now she's down

*this was a drunken shitpost

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users