DriveClub for PS4.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
15 years later and we still haven't figured out how to avoid PDS (patch day syndrome).
I think this is different... this isn't an MMO where 2 million people bought the game and the servers couldn't handle the load. How many people realistically bought this turd?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It would be a really strange racing game if you could just tear off down whatever street you want and start mowing down pedestrians.

Actually, I bet that'd be a pretty successful game, someone should try it.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who bought this turd like my friend just because it's the first racer on the PS4 and has uber graphics that really don't matter outside of the pre-race flyover or screenshots.

I do like the casual-friendly aspects of it though - no guy in a pickup truck blowing past your Veyron because he broke the game with his amazing tuning setup that he bought on the internet. And the only difficulty switches are manual vs automatic and chase cam vs in-car. (no idea if you can specify these things when forming a multiplayer game because lol)

asocirev_sl

shitlord
So you're stuck to a single track for the duration of a race?
Correct, a single track per race - a total of 55 different tracks for full retail version (this includes alternate route sets and courses that run backward).

It would be a really strange racing game if you could just tear off down whatever street you want and start mowing down pedestrians.

Actually, I bet that'd be a pretty successful game, someone should try it.
Sounds like Death Race 2000 - I'd like to see that on the new consoles as well.

spronk

FPS noob
rant is A++, i wish I could get a refund tbh it was a mistake buying it for $50. I feel bad for Project Cars though, cuz i sank my money into this i'm not buying that

it is pretty funny when you try to move off the edge of a track and you keep bumping into invisible rails. if you fuck up enough your car does a star trek teleport and reappear. The fanbois are strong though, on GAF if you make any negative comment you get drowned out

spronk

FPS noob
servers haven't worked at all for me since launch. i finally called Sony today and asked for a refund, and they did it no problem - said it'll take 3-5 days. so if you preordered and aren't happy, you can try asking for a refund too

Camillos

Trakanon Raider
I wont be buying this or any other racer for ps4 until they patch in support for my driving force GT dammit!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
rant is A++, i wish I could get a refund tbh it was a mistake buying it for $50. I feel bad for Project Cars though, cuz i sank my money into this i'm not buying that

it is pretty funny when you try to move off the edge of a track and you keep bumping into invisible rails. if you fuck up enough your car does a star trek teleport and reappear. The fanbois are strong though, on GAF if you make any negative comment you get drowned out
Fuck that, Project Cars is going to be amazing.

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
servers haven't worked at all for me since launch. i finally called Sony today and asked for a refund, and they did it no problem - said it'll take 3-5 days. so if you preordered and aren't happy, you can try asking for a refund too
My refund was denied. I pre-ordered a digital copy. Basically, the support guy told me that since I agreed to their "no refund" policy at purchase AND since I played the game already, I am not eligible for a refund. I told him that I understood, but it was worth a shot to try to get a refund.

I've played the game for about an hour since playing it on release day. The online servers were up for part of the day on release day, and I actually was able to hook up with a few of my friends. We were able to create a club, and then we dove into the game . . . and slowly came to hate it so much that we laughed at how bad it is.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Kinda makes you wonder how bad it would have been. They should have just kept it as release day anyways, would have done better simply from lack of competition

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This was just linked on twitter, if anyone cares.
https://www.facebook.com/driveclubof...12006118883751

We have a few new updates for you today as we work toward getting everyone connected and racing together in ?#?DRIVECLUB?:

1) The latest game update (1.04) is now available to download worldwide and you will need to install it in order to play online. Your PS4 will prompt you to download the update from PSN as soon as you fire up the game.

2) More servers and new upgrades are still coming online hour-by-hour, so we expect improvements to server connectivity and reliability for everyone. We will be bringing Face-offs back into play soon.

3) Essential diagnostics are still running periodically (for the next 12 hours) to help us continue to improve server performance. This may disrupt online play for you when you get connected.

We are still also working hard to get the PS Plus Edition of DRIVECLUB out as soon as possible and hope to update you on this soon.