Drum and Bass: NO PUSSY SHIT

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Going to resurrect this dead thread (and take it more in the guitar thread direction).

I played guitar when I was a teenager, very casually. In retirement I thought I might pick it up again, but for some reason it just isn't something I find myself that interested in.

But drums...they're incredibly impractical, and it's one of those things I've always found reasons not to (they're loud as shit, seem hard, I don't want to piss anyone off, etc). Maybe it's a midlife crisis, but I feel like I should stop making excuses and just fucking do it.

Been doing a lot of research, and even despite all of that, I can't decide between getting an acoustic kit or electronic.

Electronic means I can practice as much as I want, in the house, and probably not annoy anyone. It'd also be nice to be able to do all the tech type stuff you can do with it.

Acoustic means I probably need to spend some extra money on some quiet heads and cymbals. Even then, I'm not entirely sure if it's practical to play in the house with my wife in the next room (and we don't have the garage space for me to set them up there permanently, and it sounds like setup takes a while). But at the same time, then you have the feel and sound of an acoustic set from the get-go.

Been eyeing up the used marketplace nearby for a bit. I'm hoping to see a Yamaha kit for a decent price in the next couple days. But I'm still very conflicted if I really want to go the electronic route.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Going to resurrect this dead thread (and take it more in the guitar thread direction).

I played guitar when I was a teenager, very casually. In retirement I thought I might pick it up again, but for some reason it just isn't something I find myself that interested in.

But drums...they're incredibly impractical, and it's one of those things I've always found reasons not to (they're loud as shit, seem hard, I don't want to piss anyone off, etc). Maybe it's a midlife crisis, but I feel like I should stop making excuses and just fucking do it.

Been doing a lot of research, and even despite all of that, I can't decide between getting an acoustic kit or electronic.

Electronic means I can practice as much as I want, in the house, and probably not annoy anyone. It'd also be nice to be able to do all the tech type stuff you can do with it.

Acoustic means I probably need to spend some extra money on some quiet heads and cymbals. Even then, I'm not entirely sure if it's practical to play in the house with my wife in the next room (and we don't have the garage space for me to set them up there permanently, and it sounds like setup takes a while). But at the same time, then you have the feel and sound of an acoustic set from the get-go.

Been eyeing up the used marketplace nearby for a bit. I'm hoping to see a Yamaha kit for a decent price in the next couple days. But I'm still very conflicted if I really want to go the electronic route.

This is literally the funniest boomer thread in the history of foh boomer threads

What exactly do you think the "drum and bass" in the title is referring to?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well considering there were only 6 posts in the thread, it's been dead for almost a decade, and one of those 6 posts also didn't give a shit about your electronic bullshit, I'm going to say I don't care.

Also, I saw Prodigy live in the mid-90s, so suck my dick. No one cares about this incredibly niche genre of music.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Well considering there were only 6 posts in the thread, it's been dead for almost a decade, and one of those 6 posts also didn't give a shit about your electronic bullshit, I'm going to say I don't care.

Also, I saw Prodigy live in the mid-90s, so suck my dick. No one cares about this incredibly niche genre of music.

That doesn't mean you get to hijack the thread and turn it into a literal discussion about drum kits lol. Why not just make a new thread?

And for the record, I've never been into drum n bass.

You saw Prodigy live? Did you stalk them round a USAF base too?

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I forgot about this music style. I guess I'm gonna listen to Drum and Base this morning.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I still listen to drum and bass once in a while. Yeah it’s very niche. I like to remember going to house parties in the 90s. Some hollowed out or abandoned house, like 20-30 people there. Massive speakers shaking the place apart with obscure dnb shit. Pretty unique experience.

A blasphemous but wild jungle mix of war pigs.

And one of my favorite songs to bass out on in my car.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sorry, didn't you hear? Gravel Gravel has culturally appropriated the thread
Hey, I just doubled the amount of posts in this thread about drum and bass. So you're welcome.

I'd start a drum thread, but considering we've gone this long without one, probably not.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Another one I always liked. Still have this on vinyl.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure the type of D&B presented here is around anymore, its evolved into many other types of electronic stuff. Playing BDO got me into finding music with a good beat and flow that I could spend a couple hours or more listening to while grinding mobs. Most recent shit that I've fallen into via Spotify would be stuff in this playlist:

Edit: Weird, none of the tracks listed in the above playlist are in the actual playlist I copied a link for...these are all trash.