Dune: Part Two (2023)

Izo

Tranny Chaser
If it takes a thin girl in her 20s tons of makeup to even look half decent, she's ugly.

Most thin girls in their 20s look completely bangable climbing out of bed.
1713703979094.jpeg

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
In reality normal people self segregate to their own kind, for good reason. Mating with someone of a different caste or in this case completely different genetic makeup was only historically done to conquered or colonized people.

So the conquerors chose to mate down-caste with the conquered?

Got it, makes sense.

Keep doing you "brah"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
People actually like this pathetic slop? I overheard a bit while I was in the kitchen (Paul's water of life scene and then addressing the Fremen) and good god neither him nor the misbegotten zoomer trash they cast as Chani could muster an ounce of gravitas between them. Sean Young may not exactly have been in line for any wards (and mad as a march hare to boot) but she did a credible job. Kodetova was great although her accent probably did a lot of the work for her.

This was unbearable. Zendaya as Chani might be one of the worst casting jobs in the history of cinema.

• 2Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
ZENDAYA%20NAACP%20270223%20default-GettyImages-1469620256.jpg

Look I get it, Zendaya has been shoved down our throats ad nauseum and it's tempting to want to hate everything about her but let's be reasonable here. If you don't think she's "at least moderately attractive" there are two possibilities:

1) you're lying
2) you're a raging homosexual

She could be a major beauty if she didn't have that giant gorilla shnozz.
Yes with professional make up and lighting and Photoshop she looks good. Normally she is absolutely nothing to look at twice.

I guess it's just me but I want to love Dune. How ever after watching both movies I can barely muster a meh. I don't get the attraction. Maybe I need to watch the 1984 movie or something.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
People actually like this pathetic slop? I overheard a bit while I was in the kitchen (Paul's water of life scene and then addressing the Fremen) and good god neither him nor the misbegotten zoomer trash they cast as Chani could muster an ounce of gravitas between them. Sean Young may not exactly have been in line for any wards (and mad as a march hare to boot) but she did a credible job. Kodetova was great although her accent probably did a lot of the work for her.

This was unbearable. Zendaya as Chani might be one of the worst casting jobs in the history of cinema.

I just watched the OG the other night. I am in no way defending zendaya and mostly agree with all criticism of her but what secret cut of Lynch did you watch? Sean Young Chani says I think 4 words total, if that. One of the knocks on the movie is how that character along with stillgar are completely cut or removed from the movie due to the studio cuts. If you never read the books you would assume she want even a main character. No idea when people started lying to themselves and pretending I it was some kind of defining performance

Downey Iron Man
Ledger Joker
Young Chani?

spronk

FPS noob
the second movie does fly by if you fast forward every time chani talks

biggest issue i had with little timmy and chani is that their accent tends to be american inflection, vowels stretch out a little bit. timmy does tend to stick to vaguely unidentifiable english most of the time but sometimes his normal accent breaks through, but chani is always the same "tik tok" voice and its very immersion breaking, especially when the other fremen around her talk with a more middle eastern inflection. reminded me of the deleted Arnold dub from terminator 3

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Oh yeah, let's trust the opinion of a guy who hasn't even watched it but still thinks he can review it

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
biggest issue i had with little timmy and chani is that their accent tends to be american inflection, vowels stretch out a little bit. timmy does tend to stick to vaguely unidentifiable english most of the time but sometimes his normal accent breaks through, but chani is always the same "tik tok" voice and its very immersion breaking, especially when the other fremen around her talk with a more middle eastern inflection.

this is peak spronk spronk dear god

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
Does Ossie always insult or berate other posters instead of just giving its opinion on the topic at hand?

Very annoying fellow.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Does Ossie always insult or berate other posters instead of just giving its opinion on the topic at hand?

Very annoying fellow.
The guy snorts coke off other dude dicks and fucks dogs. Nothing he says is ever important.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user