E3 2016

Randin

Trakanon Raider
We're about a week out now, so this seemed like a decent time to make a thread for it. To start, here's the schedule for the conferences (all times PST):

EA: June 12, 1 pm
Bethesda: June 12, 7 pm
Microsoft: June 13, 9:30 am
PC Gaming: June 13, 12 pm
Ubisoft: June 13, 1 pm
Sony: June 13, 6 pm

Should be at least some decent shit this year: Horizon, Dishonored 2, Zelda Wii U, For Honor, there's some crazy rumor of a Sucker Punch-developed Spider Man game, and probably some other shit that I'm blanking on.

Sulrn

Deuces
The only thing I'm excited about is what hasn't been announced yet. Most of the major players known material isn't really all that exciting (although I would like a more in depth look at Wildlands to see if Ubi fucked that pooch too).

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The only thing I'm excited about is what hasn't been announced yet. Most of the major players known material isn't really all that exciting (although I would like a more in depth look at Wildlands to see if Ubi fucked that pooch too).
They obviously did. I cannot wait to see all of the sweet Ubisoft "In game" trailers which get downgraded a year before launch.

Hopeful announcements:

1) New Red Dead Game

That's it. Everything else sucks.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Actually kind of disappointed with what's going on this year; I sent in credentials to get my badge but was sort of wishy washy. Could randomly decide but I doubt it, honestly. Looking to be a fairly boring year.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
The Last Guardian with something more than "It's not dead!" please.
Thought it was confirmed for 2016 last year with the 5 minute gameplay demo?

I'd like to see more of Horizon, hopefully a new Rockstar game, a confirmed date for FF 7 chapter 1 and actual information from CDPR regarding Cyberpunk 2077.

And a Bloodborne 2 teaser for 2017 since there needs to be a From Software game every year. That should be a thing. I'd settle for a Demon Souls PS4 HD remaster.

Cyberpunk 2077 is probably the thing I'd like to see most though. Especially since they said it was their largest and most ambitious project to date, which is crazy when you consider the scope and production values of The Witcher 3.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Interested in hardware announcements and OS updates now that MS is opting people in to the next big preview over the next 2 weeks leading up to their presser.

I tend to worry about games when they're closer to actually being released. Would like to see some more Crackdown.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I'd completely forgotten about the RDR 2 rumor, hopefully that pans out. Mount and Blade 2 is also supposed to put in an appearance, if I'm remembering correctly, hopefully with a release date. I'm also hoping we'll see more of Wild, but I wouldn't be shocked if they hold off on that one until one of the European expos.

On the Incredibly Unlikely Wishlist side of things, I'd love to see an Elder Scrolls VI announcement, and to get a look at what Rocksteady is working on now that they're done with Batman, but we're probably at least a year too early for either.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Maybe we'll actually get some new Kingdom Hearts 3 stuff this year
biggrin.png

Maybe?
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Were they opening E3 to the public this year or next year? Or was that a false rumor..?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Bout time for a new Elder Scrolls game, isn't it?
Well, Fallout came out last year, so based on Bethesda's track record, we're probably 2?4 years out from the next Elder Scrolls. However, I believe Bethesda's said that they've been expanding their dev team, so assuming that that's sped things up, I'll give it the *smallest* chance that we'll see TES VI this year.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Every year i hope for a ticking clock into a Chrono game teaser, and every year they are still showing ff15 instead.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Hoping for a new Burnout game reveal.

Also wanna hear more about Sea of Thieves.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Were they opening E3 to the public this year or next year? Or was that a false rumor..?
It was this year(im pretty sure), i put in for tickets but never heard back after that.

My current main interest is For Honor and Ghost Recon.

spronk

FPS noob
we should see new games from bethesda, rockstar (red dead 2 and maybe one other new game), more detail on mass effect andromeda, and probably other new stuff. Plus PS 4k and release date, and Xbox Scorpio maybe

while its too late to attend E3 this year, if you do live around the LA area just sign up for tickets and don't upload dev credentials. you won't get in this year, but chances are good they will just give you free expo tickets next year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Don't think we'll hear anything from CDPR on their Cyberpunk game for at least a couple years. They JUST finished their final Witcher 3 expansion, so they probably just got back from vacation after going gold on the release. They're not a big enough studio to have multiple dev teams/projects at once.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Don't think we'll hear anything from CDPR on their Cyberpunk game for at least a couple years. They JUST finished their final Witcher 3 expansion, so they probably just got back from vacation after going gold on the release. They're not a big enough studio to have multiple dev teams/projects at once.
The executive went on to say that Cyberpunk 2077 is a "huge game" that has a magnitude "much greater" than The Witcher series. Overall, CD Projekt Red has "amazingly large ambitions" for this game.

To reach this goal, CD Projekt president Adam Kicinski said the studio plans to at least double its headcount, which currently stands at around 400 people.Not all will work on Cyberpunk 2077, of course, as the team members will be split into four distinct groups, some of which will "penetrate new gaming segments," he said.
400 going to 800

They've said that it won't release at least until 2017, and while I think it will be 2018+, there is still a chance they have something to show. They are upgrading their engine tools as well, so maybe they will pull a reverse Witcher 3? E3 demo in 2016 with decent graphics, then release with a massive graphical upgrade boost in 2017/18. Doable considering only the PC version is in development.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Call me crazy, but I'm looking forward to Destiny info (hopefully D2). Still hopelessly addicted.