E3 2018 Hype and Train-Wreck Thread (Place your bets!)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
After the money I threw at Division 1...not getting suckered into another of their games.

I'm looking forward to see if any reasonable MMOs are coming out.

I got my money's worth out of d1 playing with friends. I'd be okay with a better version of what they offered.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I don’t play many new releases these days but was looking forward to Borderlands 3. Now I hear it may be next year or an entirely new spin.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Mostly just anything CD Project Red puts out about Cyberpunk. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised on other titles.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Havent found the time to be hyped over anything, i guess the only thing id like to see is Cyberpunk.

Battlefield hyped died, CoD hype never existed, so whats left? A Divinity OS 2 DLC announcement would be tits.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
1) Don't screw up Starfield.
2) Show us how Cyberpunk works in what we assume (incorrectly?) is a Witcherian framework.

Standard question: Now that Nintendo used all their powder on Swtich's first year, do they have anything through Christmas 2019 other than Pokemanz / Metroid / a Smash half-sequel/half-port / F-Zero / Odyssey 2 (and that's really just an expansion pack, again).

Secret Hope: Kingdom Hearts gets a Steam release.

Long term: Reading the tea leaves on how developers think this gen will end, e.g. does the Starfield crew still think they can get Elder Scrolls 6 out on this gen three years from now?
Hell, what do even Holiday 2019/2020 look like? Is it a barren wasteland as everyone moves onto next gen, or is it a barnburner, as everyone puts out sequels to everything from the last two years (Horizon 2 / God of War 2 / Doom 2 / Wolfenstein 3 / Titanfall 3 / Destiny 3 / Watchdogs 3) before they move onto new tech / memory assumptions? After Starfield and Cyberpunk, should we expect anything that doesn't (effectively) have a number in the title until 2021?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Standard question: Now that Nintendo used all their powder on Swtich's first year, do they have anything through Christmas 2019 other than Pokemanz / Metroid / a Smash half-sequel/half-port / F-Zero / Odyssey 2 (and that's really just an expansion pack, again).

Every publisher would kill to have games with the caliber of Smash, 2 Pokemon games, and Metroid 4 coming out in the next year.

F-Zero is kind of a wild card. It's Platinum so it could be great, but on the other hand it's a racing? game.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
On the vain hope front, I'm hoping to see something of that game Wild, the other game Michel Ancel is working on alongside Beyond Good and Evil 2. It looked pretty cool last time they showed it, but the last time was a couple years ago. While I'd love to see it at E3, my gut says that, if we see it at all this year, it'll be at a European event.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I only look forward to Cyberpunk 2077. The rest is gonna be absolute horse shit

• 1Salty

Randin

Trakanon Raider
As this is the E3 thread for the year, we should probably have the schedule for the press events somewhere in here. I always find it easier to have it somewhere like here, than to hunt around for it on gaming news sites come E3 time.

All times are Pacific:

Sat, June 9
11 am: EA

Sun, June 10
1 pm: Microsoft
6:30 pm: Bethesda
8 pm: Devolver Digital

Mon, June 11
10 am: Square Enix
1 pm: Ubisoft
3 pm: PC Gaming
6 pm: Sony

Tues, June 12
9 am: Nintendo

Feel free to copy/paste into the OP, if so inclined.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This Bungie news is interesting, wonder what new IPs they plan to introduce, doubt we will see anything at E3 tho.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm boring and just look forward to Madden every year.

Beyond that, I want to see some infrastructure / value-added stuff:

- Sony joins the BC party (aside from PS Now), even if they can't go full BC w/ PS3, they suggest that current games will be available for foreseeable generations (since an actual PS5 announcement is too soon for this year)
- Ubisoft or another company finally copies EA Access
- More support for cross-buy from third parties. There's some of it now, but something along the lines of UPlay, Steam and/or Origin supporting cross-buy is what I want

spronk

FPS noob
bungie news sorta sucks because NetEase (their new partner) is a huge chinese gaming company so yipee for spyware and hackable games and no one giving any fucks about any gameplay but then again bungie has pretty much sucked donkey dick for a long time so who cares

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users