E3 2018 Hype and Train-Wreck Thread (Place your bets!)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Content creators will be paid for contributions in Beyond Good and Evil 2.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Division 2 looks good, will play at least for the story since that was a highlight of the first one. I'm hopeful but not holding my breath they learned from their mistakes and start out with all the improvements they made since launch of The Division; the game right now is actually in a pretty great place.

AC: Odyssey totally looks exactly like AC: Origins and I'm okay with that because I thought that game was really well done. Sure, boring quests and the same collectible stuff everywhere but I actually like opening up the map and exploring in games like that. Will probably guy and play when it's on sale over Christmas.

Edit: I'm not entirely sure what BG&E is about but the trailer looked great and interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Is this guy intentionally trying to sound like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory? If you don't look, it totally sounds like him.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Sherlock Holmes was actually really good on PC. Looking forward to this.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
obviously they'll announce they've reacquired Daybreak Games

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Oh Star Citizen, you look so good but you're probably never releasing.

Makes me more sad than angry.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Lol “pre alpha pre alpha .909 v1 alpha pre alpha coming soon.

Caliane

I guess I’m just old enough to remember when Ubisoft took risks and made good games. Specifically Pandora tomorrow and cat and mouse multiplayer, original beyond good and evil, etc.

Odyssey looked like complete horseshit. And I actually finished origins on my one x. It was an exercise in frustration when I would be forced to do 10 side quests to get within two levels of the main story or be unable to hit any enemies. And they have these great atmospheric games with nothing to explore. Only let us look at statues or get caught up in another phoned in mission conversation about nothing with the same boring gameplay missions over and over again. Egypt was prime for tomb raiding, new puzzles, ala tomb raider. Not a thing there because that would require effort.

Odyssey would be perfect for clash of the titans style missions or tell countless stories around Greek mythology and let the player experience that through innovative be gameplay and mission structure, yet what they showed was the same bullshit.

Such a wasted IP on what it could be.
I did occur to me, while I went out to weed my garden. No AA or "indie" push from Ubisoft this year it seems. Might and magic x, child of light, type stuff.
the only "risks" is supporting Switch, and targeting kids with the action figure games.

• 1Like