EA and WOTC have successful online games and Activision-Blizzard is failing hardcore.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well they ARE laying off some 8% of workforce, so things cant be all that snazzy there. Again, revenue is not gross profit.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Activision Blizzard is definitely trimming the fat at Blizzard, which is where the bulk of the layoffs were

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I can never quite wrap my ahead around that they make about as much Revenue from Candy crush as they do all of blizzard :/

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Right. And again, we have the armchair business people telling us how, even though they work in IT, they know everything about how business works.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why cant you wrap your head around that? 15 millon people playing= $4 mill per day micros.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Worked with a guy who spends over 10 grand a year on some stupid game I don't even remember. I'm sure there are much bigger whales out there. Gaming addiction has come a long way since evercrack, it's exactly like gambling, but the illusion of being more rewarding, the "house" always wins in this case too. Shit is printing money, with none of the regulation legal gambling operations deal with.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The thing with mobile, especially simple games like match 3, is that you have common plebs playing this shit and getting addicted. Moms, dads, grandpas even. You dont have to be a "gamer" you just need a smartphone and 10 minutes while youre waiting at the doctor office of the DMV.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I still can't believe blizzard went all in on OWL so quickly. Maybe it made money year 1.. maybe it will year 2. But by the looks of it, this game won't hold as much interest for much longer.

Maybe they do add a BR mode, I wouldn't doubt it.

Blizzard does look to be in really bad shape right now. Im not a blizzard hater but they certainly don't have any excitement behind them atm.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I still can't believe blizzard went all in on OWL so quickly. Maybe it made money year 1.. maybe it will year 2. But by the looks of it, this game won't hold as much interest for much longer.

Maybe they do add a BR mode, I wouldn't doubt it.

Blizzard does look to be in really bad shape right now. Im not a blizzard hater but they certainly don't have any excitement behind them atm.

It would take Blizzard 2 years to get a OWL BR mode thing out the door. Who are we kidding!?

The best BR games are succeeding from rapid implementation and keeping it fresh. I don't think Bliz is culturally capable of that as a company.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I think that Blizzard is apathetic towards gamers right now. Especially now that they've laid off those developers. Blizzard is just too much of a money hog. Just like EA. Just like their parent company Activision. Just like everybody who's in the AAA space.

*shrug*

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It would take Blizzard 2 years to get a OWL BR mode thing out the door. Who are we kidding!?

The best BR games are succeeding from rapid implementation and keeping it fresh. I don't think Bliz is culturally capable of that as a company.

I agree, but can you imagine a BR game with the OW cast?!?!? So many random Hanzo arrows!
Actually it sounds absolutely terrible since OW needs a balanced team. The Apex model would work a little better. Force squads of 3-4.
No item system would be a detriment though.

It's a shame, OW has good cast but the format is tiresome. It's not a game you can easily make a BR mode for.

Surprised Riot hasn't been mentioned here. 10 year old game still going strong, still at the top of esports, and something brewing that is sure to shake up the industry. I am still logging more League hours than any of these other games and it's typically top 2-3 on twitch... #1 when esports is on and #2 more often recently since Apex has dethroned FortNite and with most of the big FN streamers on Apex, LoL has been #2 and FN #3.

League has the pacing I can handle compared to these super-twitch FPS games.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe once blizzard is burnt to the ground Furor will return and tell us what exactly the hell happened.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
League has the pacing I can handle compared to these super-twitch FPS games.
1550091693486.jpeg

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
If Activision-Blizzard's layoffs are getting rid of the "we know what the players want more than they do" assclowns, then good for them.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
"I ran the company into the ground just like I did to my raiding guild."

I was going to say something similar, furur was so mad at mmo devs that he played the long con and destroyed the biggest one from within as payback for eq not fixing raids

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users