EA/NFL Partnership - BYE BYE!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Best football game I ever played was NFL 2k5. Nothing beat it. And EA knew they were about to get their asses handed to them so they drove home an exclusive deal to lock out competition (Which I still think should be illegal). Now hopefully Disney/ends somehow cancels theirs with EA as well.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Agree to some extent to all of your points, but I think the bigger issue at play here is EA's chickens are finally coming home to roost.. trying to set into cruise control and just pump out paint by the numbers games filled with micro transactions is not what people want, and their licensees are taking notice. Same thing is happening with their Star Wars license as well. I think BattleFront II or whatever it's called landed EA in hot water with Disney and them trying to change gears a bit seems to show that. Although the souls like one they released last year still wasn't that much to write home about, it at least wasn't full to the brim with loot boxes and shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
This is a start, but it doesnt sound like 2k can make a Madden competitor, but rather an NFL Street/Blitz type of game (ie non-simulation). Meh. Madden needs something to push it, it just stagnates year after year.

Sterling

El Presidente
You guys sound like you should expect more than roster updates and minor tweaks for a new game every year!

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Well this gives me hope for the future... Maybe EA will sign an exclusive deal with Vince for the XFL!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The types of games 2k describes in their release have existed this whole time... on mobile. Some with 10+ million installs. Little to be excited about with this announcement unfortunately, expecting an Ultimate Team or mobile-style game built to drive VC sales like what's happened with NBA2k.

The Polygon title is a bit more appropriate for this news:

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'd be excited about football games if two things happen.

1. The gotta release the game on fucking PC. I'm sick of this shit of it being on PS whatever or XBlows.
2. They gotta remove all of the fucking microtransactions.

Well, I lied, three things.

3. They gotta make it linux compatible. Fuckit, if I'm making up a list of, "Shit that'll never happen", you might as well shoot for the stars, amirite?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I'd be excited about football games if two things happen.

1. The gotta release the game on fucking PC. I'm sick of this shit of it being on PS whatever or XBlows.
2. They gotta remove all of the fucking microtransactions.

Well, I lied, three things.

3. They gotta make it linux compatible. Fuckit, if I'm making up a list of, "Shit that'll never happen", you might as well shoot for the stars, amirite?
Need to make sure it has a c64 and apple 2 version too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user