Eador-Genesis and upcoming Eador-Masters of the Broken World TBS Old school GOOD

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I'd read elsewhere the newly released game was practically a beta with how buggy and unpolished it was but this thread hasn't touched on that at all, is it actually decent out of the box?

Grimsark

I'd read elsewhere the newly released game was practically a beta with how buggy and unpolished it was but this thread hasn't touched on that at all, is it actually decent out of the box?
I am enjoying it. So far I have no serious complaints. No crashes either. (I am running a 3 monitor eyefinity setup as well)

I haven't had any problems with it. Game is fucking hard too, getting my ass handed to me even on the lower difficulty levels.
Same. And I am glad for it! So many games today are way to easy. Difficulty needs a comeback.
smile.png

velk

Trakanon Raider
Definitely try the earlier version before you buy the newer game. I have a few hours put into the game and so far it seems like a 1 dimensional HoMM copy. Except for a few instances of Russian? humor, the story and gameplay are pretty bland. I plan on working to beat the second area to see if the game gets deeper as you play but so far I recommend that if you get the itch to play a game of this type you find yourself a copy of HoMM 3.
Out of curiosity, what's 1 dimensional about it ? HoMM was not exactly overflowing with depth, so I am having a hard time trying to imagine what a 1 dimensional copy of that would look like ;p

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I almost feel like I must be playing a different game than the people posting on forums(other than this one) about the game being in beta. I have encountered like 1 crash, unrepeatable and that was it. I am not saying it is perfectly complete but I just have not run into problems.

I think I may have misrepresented the game a bit in my earlier posts though so I want to say something about that. It is a remake with better graphics and some added things like more quests, I think a few new troop types and monsters, new locations to uncover while searching in provinces and so on. If I misled anyone to a small degree my bad.

Makkon_sl

shitlord
I found it borderline unplayable, in the initial version the main quest was broken, and even now I get occasional battles that lock the game up, I have to load the game and not fight that exact battle to avoid a crash. I am going to put it aside for a couple weeks, the developer is patching pretty fast so hopefully its in good shape soon.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I havent had any crashes, bugs, impossible progression at all in either versions so far.
I haven't either. Been playing the shit out of it for a couple days and not a single bug or crash. No idea why some people seem to be running into problem after problem.

Game is really awesome I think. I love the added depth it has over similar style games. Pretty difficult early on as well. My scout hero is a monster now though. Half the enemy is dead by the time they reach my front line.
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
Less resource management, less unit variance, less tactical variance, less...overall. I got bored and played far enough to beat two additional isles. I like the concept of conquering small worlds to build up your power but the worlds themselves just seemed bland. Also ran into some start up bug that made it seem like windows just didn't want to let it run. /shrug, nice concept just outdated.

Rime

<Donor>
Looking for a game to kill some time with while I wait a few months for the Summer sale to pick up larger titles. So which would be a better choice? This or Warlock: Master of the Arcane?

velk

Trakanon Raider
Looking for a game to kill some time with while I wait a few months for the Summer sale to pick up larger titles. So which would be a better choice? This or Warlock: Master of the Arcane?
I put about 35 hrs into warlock, and will probably do some more - they added a *lot* of stuff in a patch after I stopped playing. Really only the only things stopping it from being fantastic is a stupid spell research system and a brain dead AI ( they appear to have said 'fuck it' to the AI at some point and just create difficulty by having random world events spawn shit everywhere ).

Eador campaign looks kind of annoying to me, where do maps to unlock a new unit, but lose your hero and all your stuff every time. Plays more for the strategy part than RPG part I guess.

Rime

<Donor>
Warlock it is, then, particularly because it is on sale for $9 for the game and all of the DLC on Gamersgate right now. Thanks!

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Eardor is okay, but short of being great. It comes off as a poorly fleshed out HOMM / Disciples hybrid. Combat starts out boring and repetitive and only gets modestly better after acquiring additional spells and structures. It seems to focus on the minutia of managing each province without offering a compelling/fun/in-depth reason for doing so. Exploration appears slightly penalized in that blitzing to the enemy's castle for an early victory appears optimal. I can't help but abuse wizards and summoning like every other HOMM game because it's efficient and grossly overpowered. It's one of those games that might be great when the price reaches $5 and you're not expecting much in terms of production.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Picked this game up the other day and have been enjoying it thus far. The combat is similar to King's Bounty with a decent variety of monsters, magic items and spells. It's a good game for 20 bucks.....I'd recommend picking it up if you enjoy turn-based strategy RPG's.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Does the campaign ever end? It's gotten beyond monotonous with sporadically playing it. I suppose with the Russia audience I should not be surprised.