Easiest Microsoft Exam.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I want to say I'm a Microsoft Certified Professional, even if I don't intend on going all the way to an MCSE or an MCSD any time soon. Which is the easiest exam? I've taken plenty of web development courses, would Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3 be easy or is it like randomly some kind of bullshit hard?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Is there a reason you want to get into web development? It's easily the most saturated development market with a much lower pay scale than other types of development as a result. It's not a bad way to start and it's how many programmers do start but I personally think going the certification route on it is a waste of time and money.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think she's looking for quick cred not actual learning here...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think she's looking for quick cred not actual learning here...
No reason to get the certification if you don't plan on going into that field, and that field is "meh" as far as development goes. I don't feel the cert would be worth much and definitely not worth the ~$5k price tag or whatever it is these days for a Microsoft cert.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Resume padding?
Yes.
No reason to get the certification if you don't plan on going into that field, and that field is "meh" as far as development goes. I don't feel the cert would be worth much and definitely not worth the ~$5k price tag or whatever it is these days for a Microsoft cert.
I'm not paying for it. I just want the easiest/fastest one to finish, so I can get it before I quit this lousy job.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is the job paying for it? If so, make sure that they don't require you to stay a set time or else face a fee.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I've successfully taken the Microsoft 70-480 Javascript and HTML 5 exam.

I wouldn't say it's "hard" but the questions often try and trick you. If know you Javascript, HTML, and Ajax syntax then you should be able to eliminate the obviously incorrect answers.

There's a 70-480 Exam Ref book that you can easily find the PDF for if you Google it. I'd recommend reading through that before taking the exam. I woudln't be surprised if there are web development experts out there that would fail the exam because of how stupid and esoteric some of the questions are.

kaxfenix

N00b
you can get the cost of the exam for just 150 bucks or so... Study yourself. I did 70-410 - 70-412 in about 3 months
THese are windows server exams so probably not your cup of tea but they are easy if you know your way around their server OS.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Windows server would probably be my second choice. At my first job I did most of the AD and policy setup, and setup all the backup domain controllers for the school district when we deployed our original Windows 2000 network.

It can't that much harder? I've deployed server images to VHDs fairly recently. Looks like it would be a bit to catch up on but not overwhelming.