Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

spronk

FPS noob
yeah image is real i got it in my email

lirik mentioned yesterday in his stream he thinks he'll be able to stream elden ring network test, so just going off that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Can never be sure anymore, but is that real? They actually send out information that you're not selected? Never seen that before. It's always been either getting an invite to something or no e-mail at all.

Just curious if I should cling to some hopium since I haven't gotten anything.

There been any leaks about the Elden Ring thing that some streamers got invites to? I think it was 2 days ago. I know Elajjaz was invited to it and the day after his stream title was "Can't talk about Elden Ring"

Received the exact same e-mail

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I got the 'sorry, you didn't get selected' email. I thought that was kind of cool of them, but I also had completely forgotten I signed up, so the email just disappointed me.

Any idea when the super special uber nerd collector edition is going to go on sale? The one that Bandai is selling direct.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah first impressions from influencers all seem super positive

there are actually a few people streaming it now if you wanna just watch it www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Elden%20Ring

collectors editions are sold out everywhere but should restock at the bandai namco store, which is selling some exclusive version. usually i don't keep any of the CEs I preorder but this one i might

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It does look like some parts are too easy with the summons and weapon arts and what not, but could just be demo balancing. Looks neat otherwise.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It does look like some parts are too easy with the summons and weapon arts and what not, but could just be demo balancing. Looks neat otherwise.
At ~23:00 mark, VaatiVidya takes on a boss of Storm Vale castle and summons are not allowed for that fight.

Edit: it wasn't the final boss, just another optional boss.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
At ~23:00 mark, VaatiVidya takes on a boss of Storm Vale castle and summons are not allowed for that fight.

Edit: it wasn't the final boss, just another optional boss.
Yeah I watched the video so yeah maybe they'll restrict them on the mort important fights and stuff which would make sense. Just that they look super strong in the fights they are allowed, especially the multi summons since there's a decent chance one will not get hit by big aoes and extend the amount of time they provide distractions.

Anyway looks great overall so I'm ok with some flaws, and if they make the game too easy I'll just not use them like I don't use allies on boss fights anyway.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I watched the video so yeah maybe they'll restrict them on the mort important fights and stuff which would make sense. Just that they look super strong in the fights they are allowed, especially the multi summons since there's a decent chance one will not get hit by big aoes and extend the amount of time they provide distractions.

Anyway looks great overall so I'm ok with some flaws, and if they make the game too easy I'll just not use them like I don't use allies on boss fights anyway.
In the previous video Vaati did he said the summon with like 6 human bandits scream loudly and agro a huge area, so there’s at least some cost/benefit analysis to using them. Come to think of it, that downside probably wouldn’t mean much in a non open world boss arena…

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've been mostly going silent with this game so I only watched a little bit of Maximilian Dood's vid but was happy to hear you won't get pnished for exploring, so getting your flask(s) filled or somewhat replenished is a big deal for me

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
This game is going to wash the bad taste of Cyberpunk out of my mouth.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This game is going to wash the bad taste of Cyberpunk out of my mouth.
I hate to admit it but Cyberpunk is exactly what I was thinking of in order to keep my hype in check (before all this gameplay footage from the past several days - now it’s HYPE TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER).

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I hate to admit it but Cyberpunk is exactly what I was thinking of in order to keep my hype in check (before all this gameplay footage from the past several days - now it’s HYPE TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER).
Yeah, seeing Vaati playing and praising it has given me the green light for HYPE.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Kinda irked I missed grabbing a collectors edition - I can't say I've ever bought one for any game before but really really looking forward to this after Sekiro, a game I liked pretty well but never really loved (like BB, DS).

Where does GRRM come in though? From what I've seen today this just looks like a more open world DS - which is more than okay with me, but why bring in the fat man on story for a game like Dark Souls?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Kinda irked I missed grabbing a collectors edition - I can't say I've ever bought one for any game before but really really looking forward to this after Sekiro, a game I liked pretty well but never really loved (like BB, DS).

Where does GRRM come in though? From what I've seen today this just looks like a more open world DS - which is more than okay with me, but why bring in the fat man on story for a game like Dark Souls?
GRRM comes in with the DLC. They'll announce the DLC after release, then it won't ever come out.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
A bunch of the monsters and bosses have their weeners out? Big floppy weeners, always flaccid, not erect?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I stopped watching 3 minutes into VV's video. I refuse to spoil myself on this, it looks like it will be fucking incredible.

• 1Solidarity