Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Been avoiding this thread because I don't want to get spoiled as I take my slow ass time, but i've seen a few patches come and go now and i'm still getting some stuttering on PC. I'm sure this has already been discussed here (sorry!), but any legit fixes yet?
These easy tweaks fixed it for me a couple days after release. I run in windows borderless too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How fast has everyone finished the game, I'm in the lake of rot right now and I feel like everyone is passing me up lol
Mine was around 130 hours, just beat the last story boss yesterday. I did a lot of fucking around, aimlessly exploring, progress things a bit, go wander around old areas, etc.

I have a second character and it’s much faster, I have all three southern areas and most of the lakes unlocked, killed margit, and only have four hours on the character. Second play through is so much faster because you know where to go get goo equipment, how to run to site of graces that were full clear areas the first time through.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mine was around 130 hours, just beat the last story boss yesterday. I did a lot of fucking around, aimlessly exploring, progress things a bit, go wander around old areas, etc.

I have a second character and it’s much faster, I have all three southern areas and most of the lakes unlocked, killed margit, and only have four hours on the character. Second play through is so much faster because you know where to go get goo equipment, how to run to site of graces that were full clear areas the first time through.

You need to stop and kill every wolf and random soldier or its not a true play through. Fucking speed runners always ruining the spirit of games.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
How fast has everyone finished the game, I'm in the lake of rot right now and I feel like everyone is passing me up lol

103 hours to 100% and platinum the PS4 version of the game, went pretty slow too but once you crank up above level 100 and get swarm of flies and a couple of HP/FP regen talismans the game isn't too hard tbh

jesicca ngiri has started doing some Elden Ring cosplay, hope she does dung eater next

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
right, I get some where get stuck and continue after or a day. I been busy

Yeah my clear was 175 hours or so. I explored every inch of the game world as far as I know, with exception of haligtree branches area. Fuck that rancid aids.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Finally got a chance to play, took down the fog dragon and then went back to Haligtree and made it to Loretta.

Jesus she is cheesy, took me like 8-10 tries but some of those phase 2 quad magics didnt seem dodgeable. Maybe I just suck at timing but like I could dodge 5 out of 6, but the 6th one would hit and stun, then she would one shot me. Glad that's over with.

Tomorrow I plan to spend hours attempting parrying malenia, I'm sure It wonthe flawless but Im pretty sure I can handle it. We shall see.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Man it’s going to take me 200 hours and all fucking year at my pace.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Just got Malenia down to like 5% health in 2nd phase and died. If I hear "I am Malenia, Blade of Miquella" one more time...

Pin by Vince Vega on born weird | American psycho quotes, American psycho,  Psycho quotes
I got Fire Giant down to like 1hp so many times before killing him…

thosefeelshug.jpg

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
So the last update they did last week somehow corrupted some of my Windows files. I had the white screen of death (WSOD) for several days. Nothing worked. Tried every fix I could find online. Nothing. Even reinstalled the entire game to no avail. Finally, I gave up and downloaded Windows 11. Now the game is working again, but my character is fucking gone. 55 hours played. I have zero interest in starting over again. I'm so fucking angry I could literally kill someone. I have no idea why the character is no longer there on my Steam Cloud, but it's not. God fucking dammit. I really loved this game too, but I just don't feel like starting over from the beginning. If I start again, I'll probably download some cheats so I can catch up to where I was. Have no clue what happened, I'm just pissed at the outcome.

• 1WTF
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Mother of God

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Journey 3 has begun for the mainline ending. Took me 23 minutes to start and get all the way to the queen before bed. Haha. Unfortunately it took me all night to kill the Elden beast in journey 2. Just have the +2 erdtree talisman and Elden lord ending. Everything else is done. I’m pretty happy I don’t have to kill myself for the stars ending right about now and am VERY happy not having to try and take down Malenia in Journey 3. I cannot believe I’m going to platinum this.

speaking of which, anyone check on Soygen Soygen ? 😂

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Journey 3 has begun for the mainline ending. Took me 23 minutes to start and get all the way to the queen before bed. Haha. Unfortunately it took me all night to kill the Elden beast in journey 2. Just have the +2 erdtree talisman and Elden lord ending. Everything else is done. I’m pretty happy I don’t have to kill myself for the stars ending right about now and am VERY happy not having to try and take down Malenia in Journey 3. I cannot believe I’m going to platinum this.

speaking of which, anyone check on Soygen Soygen ? 😂
I have to actually go into the office today, so no Melania attempt until this evening. I'm at about 20 tries. All I need for the plat trophy...that fucking whore.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So the last update they did last week somehow corrupted some of my Windows files. I had the white screen of death (WSOD) for several days. Nothing worked. Tried every fix I could find online. Nothing. Even reinstalled the entire game to no avail. Finally, I gave up and downloaded Windows 11. Now the game is working again, but my character is fucking gone. 55 hours played. I have zero interest in starting over again. I'm so fucking angry I could literally kill someone. I have no idea why the character is no longer there on my Steam Cloud, but it's not. God fucking dammit. I really loved this game too, but I just don't feel like starting over from the beginning. If I start again, I'll probably download some cheats so I can catch up to where I was. Have no clue what happened, I'm just pissed at the outcome.
That blows and would definitely be discouraging. Personally I would look up the “how to get overpowered early” type videos and just start again and catch up to where I was. The second time goes way faster as you know where things are, know where to farm runes, etc. you could probably be caught back up to where you were in half the time or less.

• 3Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'd be pissed too, but ER is a really great game to replay because there aren't any drawn-out story-building sequences and nearly everything is optional. I think I'm not the only person who is enjoying their second playthrough more than their first.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd be pissed too, but ER is a really great game to replay because there aren't any drawn-out story-building sequences and nearly everything is optional. I think I'm not the only person who is enjoying their second playthrough more than their first.
I enjoyed my 2nd play through because I was able to roll up on Margit/Godrick like Vader "When I left you I was the but the learner, but now I am the master"

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
if you are on NG+ and wanna hit up all the quests you can use this google docs to checklist NPCs to visit before killing bosses and stuff and the correct "visit order" to maximize dialogue, obviously do NOT follow this on your first play through

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ndIm3asH2uNUrhKE-By-ZR6UdJ90MPKglZBaTwAo7ak/edit#gid=524182136

make a copy inside google docs and you can just check off NPCs, bosses, etc as you complete them.

There is also a 100% completionist tracker here but i find this one way too pedantic and confusing, and it goes far and beyond achievements tracking enemies, every spell/ash/weapon/etc

• 5Like
  • 2Hodjing
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I used Elden Wiki a lot - checked on Trophies and looked up where things were at - I was mind blown at how much I missed or how anyone ever figured out how to solve some of these quests in the first place.

Have fun with Frenzied Flame Ending.

You have to go into the sewers and at some point bash through a fake altar after a boss and at that point have to drop strategically down through a jump drop puzzle - took me 2 hours to not die. Protip: I finally did it after I just took all my gear off (Which you have to do anyway to get in) and was able to navigate the jump segments a LOT easier)

Also if going for platinum - make SURE to do everything at the end of Ranni's quest because when you restart in a new Journey, you will end up doing that entire quest line again to get to the island spot where you cannot get there via any other means and there are two items you need there - (Legendary arm and an incantation) Do not make the same mistake I did :)

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
RE: endings
You are basically a piece of shit in every ending. Based on that, Frenzied Flame was my favorite ending. Let that entire place burn in chaos!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like