Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just about threw my first controller. Had just killed a fucking dragon. Sitting on a full level or more of runes and decided to fuck around on the damn horse and fell to my death. Runes stuck. Fell to death again. Goddamn it.

One of the best things I did for this game is forget about rune loss, makes it much less stressful and more enjoyable. When you get to a certain point you'll be swimming in runes anyway

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
just go to bird farm for like 5min if something like that happens

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got into the snow area today and also killed the last mark for the Rodrick quest so I could pay him a visit. Got the rune after a few deaths. Quite the chaotic fight there...

So now that I'm a Moonboi, what spells complement that build with? I got the Terra Magica for area buff but thats about it.

eldenring5.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got into the snow area today and also killed the last mark for the Rodrick quest so I could pay him a visit. Got the rune after a few deaths. Quite the chaotic fight there...

So now that I'm a Moonboi, what spells complement that build with? I got the Terra Magica for area buff but thats about it.

View attachment 409265

Phalanx Greatblade, make sure it's the one with the 3 large swords, it has much more stagger break than the phalanx's with smaller swords

• 2Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
About to finish my second play through and I have yet to use a buff or perfume. Maybe next time through

• 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 409265

Rodrick = Rykard, the serpent guy?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Stayed up to 3:30 last night. Latest I've stayed up playing a game in a while. Have been working my way through Caelid, and killed Radan in a couple of tries. The castle was bugged and didn't have any monsters other than the two lions, but figured out how to fix that and went in and work my way through it.

Tried going into the catacombs that's on the beach, I got my ass handed to me. That place seems like it's a much higher level then the immediate content beforehand.

Decided to go over to the Divine Tower, and started working my way through that. That place seems like it's a weird jump and enemy scaling, too. The jumping stuff is a nightmare, but got down to the basement gracepoint, and then proceeded to spend over an hour trying to kill the godskin apostle. He was way harder than Radan, and I guess it's just the small space you fight him in. I tried lots of different tactics and loadouts, I just could not beat the guy. Got them down to a hit or two left and miscalculated a Dodge and got killed after having an exhausted all of my pots. Yelled out and anger, and woke the wife up.

Ended up moving to a different zone, it was exploring the volcano mountain. I've been bouncing around between zones just exploring and nibbling away at the content. Found the star beast, and spent another half hour fighting him, but finally managed to kill it. Took the jaw weapon, and I went back and one shot the godskin bastard with the gravity power. Made it so much easier. Decided to pack it in for the evening.

I'm still just amazed at how awesome the game is. I don't even think I'm close to beating it, and I've got 120 hours sunk in. It's just so well done.

/Dear diary
I

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any fucking tips for Malenia? I've been trying this bitch for hours. I can get to phase 2 pretty consistently now, but she completely destroys my shit. I'm running the heaviest gear I can use with decent immunity stat and poise while not fat rolling. Rivers of blood+10 and Moonveil+9 and pulling out Black Knife Tiche on phase 2. Her moves are just so fast and so chained I can't roll out of the way of all of them and they almost one shot me even with 51 vigor level 146. My physick potion is damage reduction/immunity which I pop in phase 2 immediately after she does the initial dive bomb. This has got to be the hardest souls fight I've ever come up against.

• 1Solidarity

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You can dodge the initial bomb easily, you don't need to defend against it. In fact, you want her to do it regularly since its easy to avoid. At the beginning of the 2nd phase, drop target and run right through her position and keep going. She'll land behind you and completely miss.

As for avoiding her cheap million slices attack, the moment you see her fly up into position, run as far and fast as you can from her and never stop until its over.

• 2Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can dodge the initial bomb easily, you don't need to defend against it. In fact, you want her to do it regularly since its easy to avoid. At the beginning of the 2nd phase, drop target and run right through her position and keep going. She'll land behind you and completely miss.

As for avoiding her cheap million slices attack, the moment you see her fly up into position, run as far and fast as you can from her and never stop until its over.
Thanks, and yeah her dive bomb isn't the problem. I run under that. It's all her other phase 2 moves that completely wreck me.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked mimic better than tiche for Malenia. Mimic will get her agro way more which should give you some more openings. Havent played since patch but swarm of flies used to just totally wreck her

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Best spirit I've ever had against Malenia was the Dung Eater puppet. He just fucks her up.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Yeah tiche no good for her, Can summon two real people and try a bunch, hopefully you find someone good, most people weren't as good as a mimic tho.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just summon the guy named Let Me Solo Her. You’ll recognize him by the pot on his head and the thong underwear.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is so incredible, and I havent even begun to penetrate it. I dont play it every day, or for long sessions, but I have put in about 30 hours, and I am at 2 % completion LOL.

Im lvl 30 something. Im taking my time and it feels fine. Im not in a rush I just see all of your guys' bad ass armor and shit and I feel like a simp.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Any fucking tips for Malenia? I've been trying this bitch for hours. I can get to phase 2 pretty consistently now, but she completely destroys my shit. I'm running the heaviest gear I can use with decent immunity stat and poise while not fat rolling. Rivers of blood+10 and Moonveil+9 and pulling out Black Knife Tiche on phase 2. Her moves are just so fast and so chained I can't roll out of the way of all of them and they almost one shot me even with 51 vigor level 146. My physick potion is damage reduction/immunity which I pop in phase 2 immediately after she does the initial dive bomb. This has got to be the hardest souls fight I've ever come up against.
I'm not even close to fighting her, and from reading the forums and seeing how much of a bitch she is, this will probably be my plan B.

That guy's videos are pretty funny even if you don't use his cheese strategies. Gives you a good idea of how to manipulate fights based on terrain and what have you.

Definitely some tasty cheese.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm not even close to fighting her, and from reading the forums and seeing how much of a bitch she is, this will probably be my plan B.

That guy's videos are pretty funny even if you don't use his cheese strategies. Gives you a good idea of how to manipulate fights based on terrain and what have you.

Definitely some tasty cheese.

Holy shit his laugh at the very end lol. Bet he could do a good palpatine.

• 1Like