Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get annoyed by getting taken down by 2+ uber weak mobs gangbanging me. It’s all of a sudden insta-stunlock and crits dialled up to 11.

Heaven forbid if one of the fuckers is carrying a torch.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The big stone gargoyles like the black wing ones and the twin gargs? I was under the impression that they were completely stagger and stun proof.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well nvm. It took me three tries but I could tell right away I was way over-leveled for the twin gargoyle fight. Their health bars went down in huge chunks at 119.

Given how much rage I've been feeling with Maliketh, I'm ok with not having to deal with it for the twins. LOL

Whenever I hear anything about Maliketh I don't really get it, because he keeled over so fast every time I played. Having a half health meter doesn't help his case. I think he's a glass cannon deal, so if you don't obliterate him quickly he gets difficult to deal with.

Anyone have any advice for the Erdtree Avatars? Opposite experience with those, where people say they're easy but I have issues with em. Whenever I try to fight one I get one-shotted by those sky-lasers. The final boss can also one-shot me with sky lasers, but at least there I know his tells. Do the Avatars give away their move somehow? I played with sound off a lot in my last couple runs, maybe that was the issue.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Whenever I hear anything about Maliketh I don't really get it, because he keeled over so fast every time I played. Having a half health meter doesn't help his case. I think he's a glass cannon deal, so if you don't obliterate him quickly he gets difficult to deal with.

Anyone have any advice for the Erdtree Avatars? Opposite experience with those, where people say they're easy but I have issues with em. Whenever I try to fight one I get one-shotted by those sky-lasers. The final boss can also one-shot me with sky lasers, but at least there I know his tells. Do the Avatars give away their move somehow? I played with sound off a lot in my last couple runs, maybe that was the issue.

Just run sideways, don't even have to dodge

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What’s From Software’s track record for producing DLCs for their souls games? Decent amount of new content or more features-based?

The entire Consecrated Snowfield / Haligtree area is about the size and scope of a typical From DLC. Not a lot of features, that might change with this if they add the multiplayer fighting arenas though.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Use the general item that puts you in all the pools. You get summoned a lot more with that one instead of dropping runes outside of boss rooms.

Which item is that, the fork-looking one? Or maybe it's a T. I'd check but I (gasp) uninstalled the game a while ago and I'm not even home.

Related note, wish PS5 had some decent storage space.

• 1Pathetic

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
lol you don't know about the huge area that's UNDER the underground?

Now you're just yankin' my crank.

There's so much I can't remember about ER that I might have no choice but to reinstall it and PLAY IT A FOURTH TIME BAY-BEE

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Now you're just yankin' my crank.

There's so much I can't remember about ER that I might have no choice but to reinstall it and PLAY IT A FOURTH TIME BAY-BEE

Get yourself a few different flavors of chars ready in the stable for the colosseums or the otherwise return to the DLC areas to come.

You will be glad you spent that time now rather than come launchies.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Related note, wish PS5 had some decent storage space.
Yeah we dropped a grand on a really nice fast 4TB drive with zero regrets. Worth doing if you are into console gaming and not poor.

• 1WTF
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users