Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Fucker

Log Wizard
Hmm. Right now I'm sitting in a bush contemplating how to not die to one of the guys with torches.
Game starts out rough, gets a lot better as you learn how to play. Also: play with a controller. I was a death-finding scrub when I first started, ended up basically a god.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Izo Izo What BigPhoenix said, also you actually CAN block with your club if you're 2-handing it. It won't block much damage, but it'll block some.

Most human npc's can be backstabbed (with most any weapon). Practice circle strafing around them and as they go to attack, close in on their back and simply hit: Forward + light attack. Any more inputs than that and you won't get the actual backstab.

That whole first area with all of the human type npc's with various weapon loadouts (and a few wolves) is really pretty good for early practice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I wouldn't get too used to relying on blocking. It's a crutch that becomes an impediment against tougher foes. Duck, dip, dive, dodge.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I went STR Dual 2h bash bash repeat. Much fun!

Dying is part of the fun. It's going to happen, embrace it.

Edit: also jealous of you Izo Izo , you get to experience it for the first time. Don't give up it's an amazing game.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Magic's for pussies. Blocking's for pussies. Dodging's for pussies. 1 handed weapons are for pussies. Only 1 2 handed weapon is for pussies.

Anything other than 2 unga bungas mashed non-stop YOLO mode and you're a fucking disgrace

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Magic's for pussies. Blocking's for pussies. Dodging's for pussies. 1 handed weapons are for pussies. Only 1 2 handed weapon is for pussies.

Anything other than 2 unga bungas mashed non-stop YOLO mode and you're a fucking disgrace

tenor BS.gif

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That’s how I slaughtered it as a no-skill, no-time dad gamer.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I tried a blocking run but with a heavy spear meant for two handing, I did not have a good time with that mismatch of weapon to intended play style.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So while waiting for the DLC, downloaded lies of P on gamepass. This game is pretty damn fun. Soulsish but a tad more forgiving. For instance if you die to a boss your souls are outside the boss room. All in all pretty good so far. Up to the third boss and the burn there is a harsh one so called it a night and will tackle that next time I can play.

• 3Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So while waiting for the DLC, downloaded lies of P on gamepass. This game is pretty damn fun. Soulsish but a tad more forgiving. For instance if you die to a boss your souls are outside the boss room. All in all pretty good so far. Up to the third boss and the burn there is a harsh one so called it a night and will tackle that next time I can play.

It's a soulskiller. Full breakdown of every aspect where it redefines soulslike and builds on the groundwork before it.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even if other developers eventually make better third person action RPG gameplay (few have approached, non have surpassed), what From does is seemingly create whole civilizations and histories in their games. All other developers are serving goyslop and are unable to replicate the Miyazaki magic

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's a soulskiller. Full breakdown of every aspect where it redefines soulslike and builds on the groundwork before it.

It's a great game, but you're fucking retarded if you think it's better than Elden Ring

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How many mentions of Elden Ring are in the video though? It's mostly discussing traditional souls-- that which Elden Ring is not.

AFAIK no comparison was made to the direction Elden Ring has gone in. Two fucking retards over here. Get that DickRickle guy to complete the hat trick.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I love the world and the story, the huge fucking world with the underground and this incredible story that's all there. Elden Ring has one of the best stories of any game released in a decade or more, told through these little moments and conversations and bits and spells etc that you piece together into this fantastic tapestry of the world and its history. The first time I found the elevator down to the Underground and the Eternal City, all the reading and the searching, all the lore for everything in the world. I really cared about who I was helping and what I was doing and who I was killing.

When I first read, "G.R.R. Martin helped write the backstory" I thought, does that mean it will never be finished? But having played through the game and seen the wonder and all of its rich complexity, I can't help but be in awe of what From Software created.

• 3Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
How many mentions of Elden Ring are in the video though? It's mostly discussing traditional souls-- that which Elden Ring is not.

AFAIK no comparison was made to the direction Elden Ring has gone in. Two fucking retards over here. Get that DickRickle guy to complete the hat trick.
Your reading comprehension needs some work. I will explain, it was known that you are an idiot well before Axel Foley gave his opinion.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty