Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Very immersed is my diagnosis. It happens.

Naw they were right, I get blitzed on weed to help with sleep, especially lately, and then I get all kinds of wacky ideas.

I don't think all the From games are actually in the same world, but it would be cool if they were and I don't see why they couldn't be. I'm sure there's stuff in the games that negates the possibility, and a lore-hound could likely disprove me quickly. Things like the Moonlight Greatsword and Chikage/Mortal Blade/Rivers of Blood could be links across the series, but are fanservice more than anything else.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

These videos are compulsively entertaining to watch for some reason

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol. That’s some neuro divergent entertainment right there, some serious effort for something entirely pointless. As far as thots go atleast that one is working hard.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Another one. Two Elden Ring runs at once, with a controller and dance pad. Not even sure how the human brain can process that.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that one was the most impressive one. For me it was the thigh high black socks.

• 2Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

Another one. Two Elden Ring runs at once, with a controller and dance pad. Not even sure how the human brain can process that.

male brain really can't. Female brain is able to multitask much better

• 2Moron
  • 2Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

^ Is this actually true?

Because I can't even control two different games at once with my left and right hands. One or the other can be controlled at any given time but during that time the other is basically immobilized. I've tried. I've also tried playing 2P games with both controllers at once and couldn't even manage that when it was all on one screen.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
^ Is this actually true?

Because I can't even control two different games at once with my left and right hands. One or the other can be controlled at any given time but during that time the other is basically immobilized. I've tried. I've also tried playing 2P games with both controllers at once and couldn't even manage that when it was all on one screen.

It’s a commonly held misconception, but as far as I’m aware there’s no scientific evidence behind it, and some to the contrary.

• 2Like

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider

^ Is this actually true?

Not true at all, the majority of studies show that men are task oriented and tend to stick to one at a time as women will multi-task but the outcomes are still similar.
Men accomplish1 task at a time and women Work on several at once while the end result is basically the same.

• 1Seriously?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
^ Is this actually true?

No. Human brains are single threaded and can’t multitask. What seems like multitasking is just switching from one focus to the next quickly. If females can switch back and forth faster, idk I’ve never seen a study on that specific topic.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
No. Human brains are single threaded and can’t multitask. What seems like multitasking is just switching from one focus to the next quickly. If females can switch back and forth faster, idk I’ve never seen a study on that specific topic.

I thought I've seen that like 5% of the population can actually multitask effectively, and probably increasing with all the super autists. But maybe that's just hyper switching?

Either way, most people, as you say, are just task switching, and poorly. Some people can do it better than others, of course.

But how you know someone can't actually multitask effectively is it's usually the idiot in the office that constantly seems busy and complain-brags about all the work they're doing and declares themselves a multitask pro despite never getting anything done. And the lazy moms claiming they are great multitaskers to justify gabbing on the phone or social media when they finally notice their child is doing something dumb.

And mist. I bet mist claims to be an ace multitasker.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
1705954357617.gif

Mist Mist is this you in a nutshell?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I thought I've seen that like 5% of the population can actually multitask effectively, and probably increasing with all the super autists. But maybe that's just hyper switching?

Either way, most people, as you say, are just task switching, and poorly. Some people can do it better than others, of course.

But how you know someone can't actually multitask effectively is it's usually the idiot in the office that constantly seems busy and complain-brags about all the work they're doing and declares themselves a multitask pro despite never getting anything done. And the lazy moms claiming they are great multitaskers to justify gabbing on the phone or social media when they finally notice their child is doing something dumb.

And mist. I bet mist claims to be an ace multitasker.
I claim to be a terrible multitasker and claim that basically all humans are terrible multitaskers. But people do vary at how fast they can switch between tasks and/or cognitive modes.

• 2Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Humans can’t multitask in a literal sense the way octopi can. But yea women can switch between tasks a bit better but they are usually shittier at concentrating and thinking deeply on topics that’s why your stem Nobel laureate fields are highly skewed the way it is. You need someone to remember to take a chicken out of the oven after changing a diaper and dropping a kid off at school? Chicks all the way. You need someone to stop bleeding in your brain at 3am within 10 minutes before you stroke out? You want a dude

• 4Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not trying to win brownie points with the hordes of incels on this board but this is just reality

• 1Picard