Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
You need someone to remember to take a chicken out of the oven after changing a diaper and dropping a kid off at school? Chicks all the way.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Women are great at pretending it was just such a hectic day because they had to juggle such normally insurmountable tasks as listening for an oven timer after driving a kid to school and changing a disper.

No offense, but you sound like you believe all women.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 8 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Until someone can produce a study showing that women are in fact better at multitasking, or that men are, this is a dumb "debate" that nobody is going to win.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Until someone can produce a study showing that women are in fact better at multitasking, or that men are, this is a dumb "debate" that nobody is going to win.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

That's a weird article. Look beneath the surface and it's just saying women are neurotic and get frazzled and overwhelmed. Uhuh, welcome to earth.

When a couple has kids the women are more pressed for time. Yeah, no shit. And then they report poor mental health. Uhuh, reporting your own mental health as poor, sounds really serious...

Meanwhile, I've seen many examples of men taking over household duties (long term or temporarily) and in every case the dudes got all the shit done no problem and with time to spare and it caused issues in the relationship because the men then had some questions about what the fuck the wife was actually doing because the amount and difficulty of work was very out of proportion to the bitching and complaining.

In most cases the men were more than willing to stay home if their wife wanted to take on the full time breadwinner role. They not only declined the opportunity, but I'm guessing in situations where women are the full time worker they're also reporting higher rates of poor mental health.

And I don't blame women. I blame our society that managed to both discredit and undermine homemaking and push women into the shitty workforce, while also making women think they were heroes and/or victims for doing anything at all around the house. And, of course, that their mental health and the self reporting of it should always be front and center.

And of course academia is full of the worst sort of women who helped break society and now study and report how victimized women are by society.

This means the extra family work women perform is just that – extra work. And we need to see it as such.

Within the family, this work needs to be catalogued, discussed and then equally divided. More men today are invested in gender equality, equal sharing and co-parenting than ever before.

Sure, sure. And guess what. Last week when the kitchen ceiling was leaking, was it me or my girlfriend on the roof at 1am in a snowstorm clearing snow that was blowing and melting in through a roof vent?

Omg muh mental health!!! Do I get to report that as causing poor mental health? Nah, was too busy because the next morning I was up early shoveling the driveway.

Why doesn't it ever count as extra work that causes legitimate strain unless it's traditional women's work they're being told they should be fucked up mentally for having to do? Want equality? Get on the roof, bitch!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

No, it's not. Bubbles Bubbles posted something so you know right away it's wrong, completely fucking retarded, and also somehow gay and ugly as shit

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's a weird article. Look beneath the surface and it's just saying women are neurotic and get frazzled and overwhelmed. Uhuh, welcome to earth.

When a couple has kids the women are more pressed for time. Yeah, no shit. And then they report poor mental health. Uhuh, reporting your own mental health as poor, sounds really serious...

Meanwhile, I've seen many examples of men taking over household duties (long term or temporarily) and in every case the dudes got all the shit done no problem and with time to spare and it caused issues in the relationship because the men then had some questions about what the fuck the wife was actually doing because the amount and difficulty of work was very out of proportion to the bitching and complaining.

In most cases the men were more than willing to stay home if their wife wanted to take on the full time breadwinner role. They not only declined the opportunity, but I'm guessing in situations where women are the full time worker they're also reporting higher rates of poor mental health.

And I don't blame women. I blame our society that managed to both discredit and undermine homemaking and push women into the shitty workforce, while also making women think they were heroes and/or victims for doing anything at all around the house. And, of course, that their mental health and the self reporting of it should always be front and center.

And of course academia is full of the worst sort of women who helped break society and now study and report how victimized women are by society.

Sure, sure. And guess what. Last week when the kitchen ceiling was leaking, was it me or my girlfriend on the roof at 1am in a snowstorm clearing snow that was blowing and melting in through a roof vent?

Omg muh mental health!!! Do I get to report that as causing poor mental health? Nah, was too busy because the next morning I was up early shoveling the driveway.

Why doesn't it ever count as extra work that causes legitimate strain unless it's traditional women's work they're being told they should be fucked up mentally for having to do? Want equality? Get on the roof, bitch!

I stayed at home with our 2 children ( 2 and 5 months at the time) for 2 years when you moved from Europe back to the US. I didn't find it terribly difficult, the key is to just take them outside a bunch. Noise canceling headphones also helped when you knew there was just no fixing the crying. The house was always clean and dinner was ready every night at 6pm.

The hardest part for me was when she was home, and weekends really sucked, she seemed like she had something to prove and would go against any sort of routine we had going.

I love hearing stay at home moms talk about how hard they have it. I typically let them go on for awhile before I even mention I did it. There's always this look of oh, shit he knows I'm full of it on their faces.

One fall I was headed out to clean up leaves, we average about 80 of the lawn bags a year. I told her I would do outside and she could handle dinner, she commented that I like doing it so I could get away from the inside chores and leave it to her.

I handed her the leaf vacuum, a dust mask and pointed her towards a huge pile and headed to the backyard to keep working on leaves. 30 minutes later she came to me completely covered in leaf dust and told me she was headed back in to shower and start dinner. She hasn't complained about it since.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Definitely not a single maiden laying in that thing.
You say that. But I had my fair share of "damsels" in a mattress and box spring that was on the floor in a room that had no other furniture other than an old flat screen plasma on the wall for YEARS. If I can get laid in that setup, I know damn well they aint paying attention to an Elden Ring comforter. :trump: The stuffed animals on the floor, and the feminine design choices of that room pictured, might initiate some questions if they stayed the whole night - but I just wanted them to leave by that point anyways.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The true test when the woman makes it to the bed is when she asks you if you can beat the game without spirit summons

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

I've been correct about plenty of things using my good old intuition

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I've been correct about plenty of things using my good old intuition

One thing I've learned over the past decade is if one is relatively knowledgeable about how the world really works, then it's pretty damn rare that reality runs counter to what you'd intuit with your gut.

• 2Solidarity

Goonsquad Officer

Obviously those studies were funded by Big Man

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
One thing I've learned over the past decade is if one is relatively knowledgeable about how the world really works, then it's pretty damn rare that reality runs counter to what you'd intuit with your gut.

I also trust people who can admit when they are wrong, and don't trust people who can't.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I also trust people who can admit when they are wrong, and don't trust people who can't.

Fo sho. Being knowledgeable of the world has led to me assuming everything is always kinda wrong even if I believe it and to adjust from there. It's like the best defense against propaganda is recognizing one isn't immune to it.

On topic, speaking of admitting being wrong. I realized recently I beat the final boss, I think, but never actually completed the game. I think I was waiting to do the achievement or something and started a new character, but never went back. Now I'm not sure I remember so might just start another new character.

• 2Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
"It appears you are maiden-less.. fortunately for you, we have a variety of maidens starting at just $5!"

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
"It appears you are maiden-less.. fortunately for you, we have a variety of maidens starting at just $5!"

For the next 4 hours, get this Chest of Maidens for only $99.99! 20% more maidens!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user