Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Just came here to say, "Fuck Elden Beast".. Like for real.

As a caster, it's just fucking me over and over.. For full SA, I can't dodge for shit.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

As a caster, it's just fucking me over and over.. For full SA, I can't dodge for shit.

Oh you sweet summer child. Complain now as a caster, but just wait till you try him as melee

• 7Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Moonlight GS destroys his sorry ass, and agree it’s the worst fight in the game.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

The real issue with this fight is that you have to be able to kill the immune to everything asshole before him with minimal resource expenditure. Without going into details too much, this prick is resistant to nearly everything and really strong against holy and lightening. If you can work in the Raduvia dagger to tag him with that debuff and hammer him with efficient rock spells (physical damage), he is not too tough. But you will pretty much need to gear up with flasks and/or gear to reduce holy damage and recognize his soul wage attack to roll it. If you have him and can save him til this point, Poop Man summon will do the best and get in his face the entire fight which makes things enormously easier.

• 2Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
If you're struggling on the final duo fight, there's a talisman in the blood zone that makes the fight way easier since its the best holy resist trinket in the game. Its by the tombstones in the center lake area where the giant birds spawn.

• 2Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Moonlight GS destroys his sorry ass, and agree it’s the worst fight in the game.
This is how I beat him the first time. As long as you can beat the first stage of the fight, you are in good shape. While he resists magic, you can do crazy damage for a very efficient mana cost with the MLGS if you stack the right rings/amulets. If you are trying to keep fast roll going, the robes from the sunflower guy are a solid option for resists for the fight, as well. Its pretty much all about raw damage and dodge.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Twin Gargoyles was far more cancer than elden beast.

The worst boss fights are always the camera bosses

• 2Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That knight guy is somewhat rough for melee, but you can joust him to death with any decent reach weapon especially if it has bleed. He is a total pussy against certain weapons you likely have at that point if weapon arts are your jam. The lance from the capitol (or the shooty spear in the deep underground) put him down pretty fast and are both good weapons against Malekith on top of that. The weapon art from the snow area that makes multiple copies of you in a melee chain is also really good for bosses like this.

Twin Gargoyles always manage to piss me off, though. The Camera is not what pisses me off as much as the poison death cloud you can't really clearly see. That and I hate DPS fests, which that fight is really about burning one of them down asap. And just about any weapon that might be effective in that fight is pretty much only obtainable after you beat it unless you are going to beat all of the lake area before tackling the fight. Probably the most poorly tuned fight in the game, in terms of when they expect you to try it, especially as a Melee if you are not twinking. And of course they are immune to everything and resist any damage that's not strike, so if you are melee its hammer time. And do not overcommit to attacks because they will do the fucking spin move or poison your ass while you are stuck in a long combo animation. Get a hit or two (or a Jump) and back out.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The worst fight in the game is the guy with the two dogs in one of the dungeons. All three of them have blood procs so they can shred you to pieces in seconds. I don't know if they nerfed it much since release, but that shit was absolutely broken.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Those dogs get rag dolled by any kind of unga bunga weapon, though. There was a bullshit issue with certain dogs having stupid attack boxes that resulted in massive chains of bleed from a single attack, but I think that got fixed a while back.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the rot dogs used to oneshot people cause one of their bite attacks had like 30 active/hit frames in a row on it but that all got fixed heh

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would also add that if you guys have not tried it yet, power stance whips is actually a shitload of fun and really affective at clearing trash and certain staggerable boss fights. The whips in the game are hard to find, but they tend to be very flexible in terms of weapon arts and playstyle. They also give people fits in PvP if you are any good with them. Very fun setup to roll with.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Pretty much every weapon move set in the game is satisfying when you learn it. They're mostly fairly simple but still very satisfying. From knows how to make a video game, that's for sure

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Agree, but I definitely had the most fun playing power whips, power daggers, and great lances. Thats why I could not get into bloodborne as much, the souls games had much more tactical methodic combat thanks to the real variance in weapons.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much every weapon move set in the game is satisfying when you learn it. They're mostly fairly simple but still very satisfying. From knows how to make a video game, that's for sure

Yeah, the fact that both their world creation AND character/attack physics and design are so stellar is goddamn impressive.

Now if only someone can teach them how real multiplayer co-op works... my one and only major complaint with all From games since Demon's Souls.

• 1Truth!