Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was there a fast and easy way to kill those cat statues? You know the ones that spew fire or ice and jump in the air and smear you over the floor? I could kill them but they always cost me a bunch of flasks.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The biggest weapon you have leveled up in 2h and spam jump attacks. If you have a great hammer or any colossal weapon available they get stance broken in like 2-3 jump attacks

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Nevermind about the twin gargoyles - I totally forget Astel exists and is absolutely the worst melee fight and it's not even close.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Never had a problem with that one.

The knight on the bridge leading to Malekith can be fucked for all eternity though. Not fun as melee at all.

I had more issues with that knight on the bridge than I did with Malekith himself. I think I won the actual Malekith fight in one try after losing to the knight like 8 times and just running past him. Then I was able to go back and defeat the knight using Malekith's room as a safe zone because IIRC he doesn't go in there. Guy isn't even a miniboss or anything, not sure why he's so strong. Seems like he's just overtuned AF.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yea the rot dogs used to oneshot people cause one of their bite attacks had like 30 active/hit frames in a row on it but that all got fixed heh

Rot dog is a slang term for "transgender penis"

• 4Worf
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 4 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Rot dog is a slang term for "transgender penis"
Band Lol GIF by Larkins

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm not great at Souls games or anything (and Nioh has been totally whooping my ass) so I'm not trying to brag, but I really don't get people who complain about Elden Ring's difficulty.

Using all the tools available to me, I never had any real trouble with Elden Ring outside of a few very specific spots: Malenia, Radahn, Fire Giant, Elden Beast, that one mines dungeon you get ported into with the string-shooting menaces, Godrick at the beginning, the draconic knight outside Maliketh's room, the snow dragon, the Castle Sol guy, and maybe the Godskin Duo. I don't even know about that last one because I put one to sleep and just kind of dealt with them. And a lot of the others are optional. You can go back to Godrick later.

The only -required- things that were hard were the final boss, Fire Giant, and maybe Godskin Duo. All of those are in like the last 5% of the game.

The other 98% of the "main story" wasn't really any kind of problem. Fights I've seen endless bitching about like Maliketh, Margit, Mogh... they were all pretty whatever. Using all the tools available to you, and there are a lot, you can get through most of the game without issue. Compare that to Sekiro where they give you no way out, you gotta git gud, or Nioh where it's fast and furious and just whoops your ass...

...yeah, when it comes to Elden Ring's vaunted "difficulty" I don't get it, and it's a shame those articles and stuff keep people away from the game thinking it's fucking Cuphead or something.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ok, so you had an "easy" time with a game that's been out for years and is now solved while comparing yourself to people who were playing at release?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ok, so you had an "easy" time with a game that's been out for years and is now solved while comparing yourself to people who were playing at release?

........I played it at release, completely blind. Didn't even play the network test so I had no idea what I was going into.

Also never said "easy", I said it didn't give me any major issues outside of those ten or so spots. Ten or so spots isn't much in a game I played for like 120 hours on the first run. Lot of bosses killed me once or twice, but it was only stuff like Fire Giant where I died over and over and started getting frustrated (i.e. the thing the complainers tell people they'll be doing all game).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I mean yeah if you use spirit summons almost every boss becomes a joke.

That and range attacks, multiplayer, sleep arrows, certain OP weapon arts like Fallingstar Beast Jaw and Rivers of Blood, Comet Azur + infinite MP flask, and probably other things I'm forgetting. They give you all the tools to absolutely cruise through the game, which was my point. So I don't get all of the "the game is so hard" hoopla online that often deters new people from trying it, completely unnecessarily.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is Comet Azur still viable? I remember it being patched repeatedly fairly early on as complaints flooded in from content creators that it was too easy. I never did a sorc run but looked like fun lazer blasting through bosses for a revenge replay someday.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
That and range attacks, multiplayer, sleep arrows, certain OP weapon arts like Fallingstar Beast Jaw and Rivers of Blood, Comet Azur + infinite MP flask, and probably other things I'm forgetting. They give you all the tools to absolutely cruise through the game, which was my point. So I don't get all of the "the game is so hard" hoopla online that often deters new people from trying it, completely unnecessarily.
Shark Tank Writing GIF
all stars lol GIF by Lifetime
Studying George Lopez GIF by Lopez on TV Land

Walking up a hill close to a giant square, hello winged fellow dropping from the sky, who is probably friendly, YOU DIED. Hmmm, walking up to another city, hmm, so many corpses, OMG A GIANG DUDE SWOLLOWS THE WHOLE PLACE IN FIIIIIIRE, YOU DIED. Hmmm, why is there a giant with a bo.... YOU DIED. What's this slow moving wagon with a face, OMG IT ATE ME, YOU DIED. What an annoying dungeon with so much bubbly red wa... YOU.... D I E D.

But seriously, I'm trying to work up the courage for second god fight. Maybe I'll try that comet thing? 58 int should be okay to try spells at some point. Ping-ping-ping carian long sword +6 is fun so far.

Khane

Comet Azur was always a bit of meme because it only worked on huge character model enemies that didn't move much. That gravity meteor spell was more effective

Khane

Yea, definitely sounds like you played "completely blind". Good lord bud.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Elden Ring is easy peazy once you learn what to soft skip and what to hard skip

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Not to mention that once you have it figured out you’ve pretty much future proofed yourself for the entire series going forward.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
OK dammit I just spit my drink all over the floor! Come clean it up. LOL

I didn't have a hard time either. I asked for advice here and was told to dual wield 2h swords, bulk STR and SMASH (aka get gud fgt). I didn't realize there wasn't a max level so my Str was in the 200s. I did play it way after everyone else though, I knew I wasn't good at these type games so I waited for it to go on sale.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
On a serious note, its like anything else. Play it enough and you get better. I struggled to beat it the first couple of times with spirit summons. Now I've beat it on several different builds without spirit summons.