Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't think that anyone even knows that The Elden Ring actually is lol.

An alien slug god blessed a family with the power to rule as long as they fed all the corpses to a giant glowing tree. An unfortunate series of half murder-suicides and tranny self incest causes death to stop working, so now most people are zombies while different types of alien gods try to take over. You decide who wins via your waifu choice.
This might be the most factually accurate and informative post you have ever made on this board.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I started up again, doing a lance sometimes with shield setup snagging the fire weapon art that you can get early in Caelid since fire damage tends to be really good early in the game. Inching up my faith so I can transition to Winged Scythe a little later. So sort of a faith dex hoplite thing I love doing. I am curious how this will plan out in the expansion. Traditionally, each Souls game tended to go overboard with resists against what the core game got most abused by. In Dark Souls 1, this was mainly Pyro. DS2, pure sorcery and lightning resist went through the roof in the DLC. DS3, Dark Resist and status resists got cranked in the new content. I am hoping that the DLC is at least not like the core game with every fucking boss having full status immunity and mass Lightning and Holy resist. I think Pemulis Pemulis might be right in that fire damage resist will be super high in the expansion, based on past precedent.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started up again, doing a lance sometimes with shield setup snagging the fire weapon art that you can get early in Caelid since fire damage tends to be really good early in the game.

Did you snag the Red-Hot Whetblade early on from Redmane Castle?

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No, but there is a fire based weapon art on a hidden bug in north Caelid that lets you make the weapon its applied to fire based. Pretty good scaling and the art itself is not too shaby for short range AE of annoying shit like rats and dogs. Plus Margit really hates being set on fire.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That the one that fans flames out in front of you? I thought they nerfed it's stance damage but it was still good last time I used it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Not a fan of that statue or the general design of Messmer. Guy looks like he's rocking some mean AIDS. Also kinda miffed that Miquella isn't the bad guy. Like if this design belonged to Miquella I'd probably like it just fine because he's presumably all malformed from being in Mohg's egg.

Been wondering about that myself, and also whether it's better to go into the DLC with my NG+++ character or start a new one in NG and do that. My NG+++ character is incredibly strong, but also in NG+++ you have enemies basically 2 or 3-shotting me and I don't really want to get destroyed all the way through the DLC. I could probably get a character to 60% of my current strength in a fresh NG without a lot of fuss, and the game itself would be at like 20% of the threat level that it is in NG+++.

So you just think that From spent years working on this DLC only to show a full minute worth of the final boss fight in the announcement trailer?

(x) Doubt

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm disappointed in some of you. The only way to experience the Elden Ring expansion is to delete all your existing characters, arrange for someone to give you a massive concussion and then start a wretch. I guess some of you don't actually care about getting good.

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm disappointed in some of you. The only way to experience the Elden Ring expansion is to delete all your existing characters, arrange for someone to give you a massive concussion and then start a wretch. I guess some of you don't actually care about getting good.

Wretch for life

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Never understood the obsession with wretch start in this; you get a greatsword for free at the first main enemy camp. The first vendor you run into has a cheap armor set. It's really not the "hardmode" start that people seem to think it is.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never understood the obsession with wretch start in this; you get a greatsword for free at the first main enemy camp. The first vendor you run into has a cheap armor set. It's really not the "hardmode" start that people seem to think it is.

I think it's just those guys who play a wretch female in a loincloth and spend the game playing with one hand.

• 2Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Solidarity

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It isn’t about hard mode it is about no starting equipment so everything found is a possible upgrade.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
It isn’t about hard mode it is about no starting equipment so everything found is a possible upgrade.

I mean sure but you get upgrades like 5 minutes into the game, no knowledge required. Heck the starting club is lowkey underrated; I've used it for a while on a character and it hits fast and the charged R2 stance breaks breaks like a champ.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yes, and that minor upgrade feels good. What are you not understanding here?

I guess since it happens so quickly I just dont understand the big appeal? It's not really earned beyond killing one soldier near the carriage. But to each their own, not going to tell people how to enjoy the game or anything.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
A person starting out isn't necessarily going to run into those things the first 5 minutes of the game.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
A person starting out isn't necessarily going to run into those things the first 5 minutes of the game.

Exactly. Especially when the first 5 minutes will be spent dying for the next 500 minutes :p

• 3Worf
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I guess the game is hard at first until you find a weapon you like and the jellyfish pet. That pet got me through Margit the first time. Not because it made the fight easy, but because the poison effect does a ton of damage and allows you to be evasive on the second phase and still progress the fight. The jellyfish is on the weak side so you have to draw Margit's attention until the poison buildup sticks, which can take half the fight. It was a very interesting battle. Not too often is a boss fight winnable with a DoT-based strategy in these games. The final boss of FF13 is another fight that's tough but weak to poison, but nothing else immediately comes to mind. Phunbaba in FF6 maybe.

I was lucky enough to stumble on the jellyfish and a solid weapon (think it was the Greatsword) in the first couple hours of playing.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
No Way Omg GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I spent 45 minutes learning the game against that first camp’s major mob. Then spent like 3 hours trying to strategically get through those crossbow guys and troll in the tunnel thing before a buddy told me to just run through like all souls games. What? I was ready to break the goddamn controller.

Still used summons to dad mode the game. Malenia forced me to cheat with rivers of blood. I could not get her pattern down. At all. I think I almost beat her in my second or third try then that turned into 3 more hours of her hollowing out my ass.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users