Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Looks like they buffed Radann up to his release levels. Sure wish they would make up their mind about him. Last time I played the game, I was able to beat him pretty convincingly in one or two tries with a melee build, but this time out he just seems to do way too much damage and massive hit boxes to his attack patterns just like he was at release.

Jboots are slower too

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah whatever edge lords, but he is noticeably different, just by his damage to the NPC summons in the fight. My last play was about 8 months prior and I remember I frame rolling with medium encumbrance being viable, but now I am consistently getting gibbed with light encumbrance and on a higher level character which is pretty much how it was at launch. Guess I can just rot cheese him again.....

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Definitely took me a few hours. What weapons and main stats did u go with?

Burial blade and high vitality and endurance. I was also like 105 which is probably over leveled for most of the forum but I suck at these games so I’ll take whatever cheese lol.

Like I’m the kinda gamer who just takes his time looking at all the art in the souls games. I absolutely gotta say it’s my favorite part.

That Cainhurst castle area maybe one of my favorite zones in the game and that boss up top was a bad ass.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yeah whatever edge lords, but he is noticeably different, just by his damage to the NPC summons in the fight. My last play was about 8 months prior and I remember I frame rolling with medium encumbrance being viable, but now I am consistently getting gibbed with light encumbrance and on a higher level character which is pretty much how it was at launch. Guess I can just rot cheese him again.....

They messed with several boss fights. I haven't played since like launch month and recently started a new playthrough to git gudder for the DLC and it's super, super obvious.

Stuff like the triple crystal bitches or the dual burial watchdogs was really obviously tinkered with - their AI was entirely neutered and only one would attack you at any given time really while the other bosses kinda danced around you in a circle like a bad kung fu movie.

It's not all of them though? Like the fights that are a boss + a couple gargoyles were still round, or the jutsu clone erd tree spirit was still a mega asshole etc.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Burial blade and high vitality and endurance. I was also like 105 which is probably over leveled for most of the forum but I suck at these games so I’ll take whatever cheese lol.

Like I’m the kinda gamer who just takes his time looking at all the art in the souls games. I absolutely gotta say it’s my favorite part.

That Cainhurst castle area maybe one of my favorite zones in the game and that boss up top was a bad ass.

Nah dude, if you're not taking your time and taking in the views, absorbing the atmosphere etc. you're doing it wrong when playing From games.

These are definitely not the games to rush through just so you can move onto the next pile of shit some "AAA" company crapped out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This guy has a couple damn good theories here. Also points out that the south part of Mountaintop shares enemies with the north part of Caelid, indicating that there was previously a landmass connecting them.

1709089427132.png

He posits that the six Divine Towers are basically holding up the veil/whatever that is keeping the Shadow Lands obscured/sealed away. So the Shadow Lands might be their own separate map, not a part of the same plane, whatever, but they're located in this area, and used to be corporeal (hence the same monsters being found north and south of it).

This also matches up with the DLC trailer showing the Shadow Tree as being at the very end of the world rather than the middle.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The lore videos are way, way, way more interesting because of how hard to understand the lore of the game is.

This game is such a goddamn masterpiece.

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They messed with several boss fights. I haven't played since like launch month and recently started a new playthrough to git gudder for the DLC and it's super, super obvious.

Stuff like the triple crystal bitches or the dual burial watchdogs was really obviously tinkered with - their AI was entirely neutered and only one would attack you at any given time really while the other bosses kinda danced around you in a circle like a bad kung fu movie.

It's not all of them though? Like the fights that are a boss + a couple gargoyles were still round, or the jutsu clone erd tree spirit was still a mega asshole etc.
Yeah double watchdogs was a surprise when I did it this time around. Very aggressive compared to before recent patches. I have not done the tripple crystal guys, because I am not rocking sorcery, but the double were a non issue because stagger with jumping greatspear is off the charts in the present game.

I ended up just slotting a scarseal and rot breathing Radahn because I was tired of getting one shotted when standing directly behind him to melee him. I think they actually made him weaker to rot, so cheesing him got easier while fighting him straight up got harder. I am just entering the capitol and trying to hold out on making my first +10 til I get the spear thats hidden on a statue there. So far Tree Spear and Vykes are doing work for me, with the occasional lightning or frenzied incantation. Closing in on Poop Man summon, as well, but I am going to have to grind out some major Mind to use that. Game is still fun and I still find little things I missed on prior plays.

I am so ready for the DLC.....

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its going to be a bunch of nerd rage if they make unlocking the Divine Towers part of the process for accessing the new areas. Making Melenia a gatekeeper for the new zones is going to make a lot of people salty, especially if they are not to the point of being able to solo her.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Its going to be a bunch of nerd rage if they make unlocking the Divine Towers part of the process for accessing the new areas. Making Melenia a gatekeeper for the new zones is going to make a lot of people salty, especially if they are not to the point of being able to solo her.

She is not, they have already said that you access the new area by defeating Radahn and Mogh. Mogh because it is accessed by touching Miquella's dead hand in his boss room and Radahn because ????. Ratatoskr has an interesting theory about how Radahn holding back the stars also locked away travel to/from the Shadowlands.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thats not too bad. Both are not to rough and have ways to cheese them for the masses. It would suggest the intended time to access it is likely when you are fairly deep in the Capitol (Mogh is much easier if you get his shackle and the stuff from Mini Mogh's area). If you have also gakked Rykard by that point (and you should easily) you would likely have your main weapon to +10 at that point as well.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah double watchdogs was a surprise when I did it this time around. Very aggressive compared to before recent patches. I have not done the tripple crystal guys, because I am not rocking sorcery, but the double were a non issue because stagger with jumping greatspear is off the charts in the present game.

Any blunt weapon stance breaks the Crystallian mobs. Dual wield a couple of crappy hammers and they’re embarrassingly easy.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did nobody else just Kamehameha Melenia into oblivion with Tiche, Black Knife Assassin tanking?

Only bosses I couldn't kill that way were the Dragonlord and Elden Beast.

Yes I've technically not beaten the game xD

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did nobody else just Kamehameha Melenia into oblivion with Tiche, Black Knife Assassin tanking?

Only bosses I couldn't kill that way were the Dragonlord and Elden Beast.

Yes I've technically not beaten the game xD

Black Knife can’t hold aggro for shit so you need to be fairly tanky if going that route.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Tiche isn't what I'd use to hold aggro at all. Most of the time she prances around away from the enemy.

I guess Poo Man is the big aggro tank? Never got him. Well now I have an objective for the next time through. Also how is there still major stuff I never got when I played it five times over like 250 hours over two years?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
After I deep dick Dragon's Dogma next month I will be doing a fresh playthrough of this in preparation.

Gonna be lit.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Because my first playthrough I went nuts and about burned myself out by doing every single thing….I got very frustrated on malenia and went RoB. I literally just facetanked a few things and watched her die to bleed cheese.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Poop man holds agro better than any summon for a variety of reasons. He spams a debuff that really draws agro, he has a weapon that procs bleed, and his AI actually gets in there and in the face of the enemy. You can set yourself up like Poop Man and pop a Mimic Tear and while it will be more survivable, it won't hold agro as well because of his debuff and how the AI runs him vs the Mimic. Its pretty much how I have beaten Milenia the last couple times.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I guess Poo Man is the big aggro tank? Never got him. Well now I have an objective for the next time through. Also how is there still major stuff I never got when I played it five times over like 250 hours over two years?
He is easy to miss for several reasons. First, you have to put Ranni's quest on hold right before Nox until you can get fairly deep into the capitol and hang on to Sevelius's potion. The former denies you some pretty baller upgrades for that point in the game and the latter they just do not even hint at. You have to also have five star shard things, which are really rare at that point. Finally, you cannot have killed Blackguard (crabman).

Quest progression route is get potion from Sevelius and never use it, which requires advancing the Ranni quest up to just before the Radahn fight. Then progress the game up to Atlus Plateau and obtain a Seedbed Curse (one is in Rykard's area, one is in the Capitol topside area) and then go talk to Poop Man in his room at Roundtable. He gives you a key which lets you access his cell in the Sewers under the Capitol and let him loose. From there you go fight him at Blackguard's final spot (water moat in the outer capitol area), then go back to his room again and feed him Sevelius's potion. Loot his stuff and go back to Sevelius and you can buy him.

If you advance things in Nox on Ranni's quest line to the point where she gets the blade from behind the mimic giant, Sevelius dies and you cannot get him. Use the potion or hand it to Allknowing and you pooch the quest as well. (Nephiri Loux is actually a pretty good summon too, btw). Killing Blackguard pooches the quest. Advancing past the Capitol without releasing him from his jail cell also pooches the quest. So its really easy to miss getting him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wait... you can summon THE LOATHSOME DUNG EATER!?

I had no idea what poop man meant.

• 1Like