Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This post has unscurred me to actually trying to play this game. Wife and I bought it after beating ghost and I had her driving in the first area and shit got her shit destroyed by that first spider looking thing. We noped out like pussies

You're supposed to die to that thing

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just so you're aware this is a trope of souls games.

There is an enemy that you're supposed to die to to see the death mechanic or some other thing in the very early game. If you do succeed at beating it. You get a special reward of some kind that offers a fairly big early game reward.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just so you're aware this is a trope of souls games.

There is an enemy that you're supposed to die to to see the death mechanic or some other thing in the very early game. If you do succeed at beating it. You get a special reward of some kind that offers a fairly big early game reward.
In ER you get a shitty rapier.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
In ER you get a shitty rapier.

I did a run with that rapier, its actually really good. It's a twinned weapon so you can power stance it with one or 1hand it, and it has unique move sets when power stanced

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I got it to 1/3 life then died on this run. Not going too try to hard for it. Going to kill Yura today so I can Nagakiba my way to victory from the get go, then get a greatbow.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Started a new game after feeling the itch.

After yoloing my initial playthrough and using that Golden Halberd for like 80% of the game doing to actually make an effort to try different shit and bows this time. Lol. Not really interested in a Glintstone build but maybe I'll respec and fuck around.

I went Golden Halberd for a while on the first playthrough but it didn't work super well for me cause of the speed. It works well for other people though. IIRC I really started progressing once I got a twin blade.

The dual swords in the DLC look cool, assuming it's a new weapon and not just a powerstance thing. Also liking the red dress, be cool to have a "hot" option besides the Deathbed Dress and the Zamor Leggings.

• 1Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I went Golden Halberd for a while on the first playthrough but it didn't work super well for me cause of the speed. It works well for other people though. IIRC I really started progressing once I got a twin blade.

The dual swords in the DLC look cool, assuming it's a new weapon and not just a powerstance thing. Also liking the red dress, be cool to have a "hot" option besides the Deathbed Dress and the Zamor Leggings.

Check out the Rotten Duelist set.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Check out the Rotten Duelist set.

Took a look. The helm/cloak's aight, but I think the greaves pair a lot better with the Crimson Hood.

20240305_221139.jpg

All in all it's pretty nice, and good to have something hot in the game besides the Deathbed Dress.

20240305_221209.jpg

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Took a look. The helm/cloak's aight, but I think the greaves pair a lot better with the Crimson Hood.

View attachment 518261

All in all it's pretty nice, and good to have something hot in the game besides the Deathbed Dress.

View attachment 518262

I mean, there’s always the Goldmask set. That’s on par with Wretch levels of coverage.

Quite high requirements to obtain that though, especially if you’re not Int/Fth build, and it’s easy to miss.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Goldmask set is also great for resistances to Holy and Lightning. Pretty much a mandatory pickup for fast rollers for use in the final boss fight. Rotten Duelest set is actually good for parts of the Haligtree with the fairly massive resist to Rot it has. And the asthetic is amazing, particularly on the male character models. Fashion Soulsing its my favorite with the modified Bloodlord armor a close second.

Game progress just motored for me, as I found myself sucked in again. I have been pretty thorough on hitting all the major encounters, but the Gransax Spear and Poop Man combo is just a total faceroll. The later tree worm things that spam AE fire in dungeons are pretty much the only things not dying in one or two attempts. Like Fire Giant and Godskin Duo were not even close fights. I worked up a couple weapons for situational use, like the spear you get from the Crucible Night that shoots a powerful holy blast and Guardian Swordspear with phantom slash. And now I am about halfway through Farum Azul debating on doing the Frenzy then needle manuever for the incant icon (the one supposedly made for lightning builds is kind of meh once you get past 60 Dex). I am so amped for the DLC I might do another play LOL.

• 1Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Goldmask set is also great for resistances to Holy and Lightning. Pretty much a mandatory pickup for fast rollers for use in the final boss fight. Rotten Duelest set is actually good for parts of the Haligtree with the fairly massive resist to Rot it has. And the asthetic is amazing, particularly on the male character models. Fashion Soulsing its my favorite with the modified Bloodlord armor a close second.

Game progress just motored for me, as I found myself sucked in again. I have been pretty thorough on hitting all the major encounters, but the Gransax Spear and Poop Man combo is just a total faceroll. The later tree worm things that spam AE fire in dungeons are pretty much the only things not dying in one or two attempts. Like Fire Giant and Godskin Duo were not even close fights. I worked up a couple weapons for situational use, like the spear you get from the Crucible Night that shoots a powerful holy blast and Guardian Swordspear with phantom slash. And now I am about halfway through Farum Azul debating on doing the Frenzy then needle manuever for the incant icon (the one supposedly made for lightning builds is kind of meh once you get past 60 Dex). I am so amped for the DLC I might do another play LOL.

It really is a damn near perfect game.

If I play it through again (re-installed it last night...) I might try a low weight build and see how the Blue Dancer Charm works for me. It's tough avoiding the usual Talisman combos though.

• 1Solidarity

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm playing this again too heh, just can't stop thinking about it after the DLC announcement.

• 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I just rolled through the game fairly easily with a full pyro build up until the final three of Mohg, Malenia, and Elden beast. Mohg required a slight adjustment to strategy because of his high FR, and now Malenia is reminding me how much she pushed my shit in on previous playthroughs.

It’s been fun revisiting the game after a year+ where I’m not so worried about exploring and focused on going to specific places for specific things.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure what your stat investments were, but with poop man to tank and the shackle and tear, Mogh is pretty trivial. Especially with a decent ranged weapon art option. I whooped him with Gransax weapon art, but if you are faith heavy Siluria's Tree really pushes his shit in, but it needs 27 STR. Gordrick Talisman and Jar Shard really help with that. Golden Order GS is another option to try. Depending on your Dex or Faith, just plain old Lightning spells can do the work.

What did you end up going with in that fight?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Mogh is easy, Malenia is easy.

I have no idea how to play Elden Ring to be honest.

• 1Worf