Electronic Dance Music

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I feel like EDM artists are going to be the first ones to realize you can sell your live sets to the locals, and the Internet at the same time. Which will make them a ton more money. Especially festivals. I'd definitely pay $60-$100 for a full weekend of live Ultra Miami sets streamed live. Instead of the partial sets they usually do for free on YouTube. The sets are being bootlegged on Iphones as it is. They might as well offer a professional offering that people will pay for.

Too expensive for my taste, i'd pay £10-20 for a weekend pass online or something, but I wouldn't pay that much. A lot of the top EDM nights in Europe are streamed anyway.

Club sets have been bootlegged since time began, people used to charge extortionate amounts back in the day for the top DJs sets on cassette, they used to be recorded onto DAT at the venues as promoters could make a lot of extra money doing it.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Legendary set from Carl Cox. It's a must listen from a techno God. I have to imagine Deadmau5 got a ton of inspiration from him. Prolly Eric Prydz too. This is how EDM should sound.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Salvatore is at the peak of his powers these days. Also 10/10 would watch this anime

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Posting several songs I've gotten addicted too from Spotify. I doubt most would be "dance" music, as they seem to be a bit more aggressive that most what has been posted in here, but if anyone is familiar with some of these bands, please link other similar songs:

This one is a bit on the hard side:

Shmoopy

Not sure where to post this but badass instrumental. Like EDM / Trap beat.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This song has been showing up on my Flume playlist lately and it thumps with my new speaker set up in my office.

Nemesis Nemesis check it out =)

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe blasphemy, but I didnt see it's own thread. But I've been on a weird kick of wanting to hear certain kinds of retro synthwave but get impatient wading thru all the crappy songs I find on youtube. Kinda got pushed into it after finding several that instagram pages I follow use on their stories constantly.

Not sure if I'm doomed to listen in 15 second bites, or whether there are good examples worth listening to 15minute sets like I can with EDM and all the various spin off flavors.

Araxen

I love Jeff aka Seven Lions this is like a modern EQ quest video. DE resurrecting a HE for some reason.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Also trying to find a group that was on pandora and it lost my like on it. Icon is like an Ace of spades w/ a skull or rose, red and black I think.