Electronic Dance Music

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I looked into it, but it ended up being a little too close for me to properly prepare for it. Almost positive I'm going to Tomorrow World in Georgia in September though.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Definitely going to EDCLV, been going since 09 in LA and it?s always an awesome time.

I've been to all the big festivals in the US and it's definitely the best as far as dance music goes, it shits on Ultra. Ultra is so overrated, definitely not going again until they move out of Bayfront, that venue is wayyy too small for how many people and stages they're trying to smash in there. I had a terrible time last year, I don?t even know why I went again this year, it?s just a giant mess. The music this year was at least good, but everything else sucked. Bathroom lines, drink lines, after party club lines, sigh, just a big waste of time tbh. The only highlights of WMC is the small parties like Wavefront at the Shelborne, and all the yacht parties.

Definitely going to TRY and go to TomorrowWorld in Atlanta. I say try, because if getting tickets is anything like for Tomorrowland, it's basically a lotto, so the odds are slim to none. I had to buy a fucking travel package for Tomorrowland just to assure I got a ticket, and I'm not even going to use the London train it came with haha. Glad I did though, because I wasn't able to get tickets on the world wide on sale date, nor were either of my four friends, and we all refreshed the page until we were put into the queue, probably a second or two within the instant they went on sale, and none of us got tickets that way. I don?t think TomorrowWorld will be as bad though, it?s harder for people to get into the US because a lot of countries are required to get visa?s to enter the US, not so much the case with Belgium.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just discovered this song today and by god it's an instant favorite of mine. It's soo good!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
All major music festivals in US suck at this point. From Electric <insert 1-2 random nouns here> to whatever quasi Rave + BM festivals they are churning out on the coasts.

The only 2 EDM festivals left in US that are worth a shit are DEMF and Wavefront in Chicago.

The replacement for WMC/Ultra isnt even in US anymore, it's in Playa Del Carmen

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Definitely going to EDCLV, been going since 09 in LA and it's always an awesome time.

I've been to all the big festivals in the US and it's definitely the best as far as dance music goes, it shits on Ultra. Ultra is so overrated, definitely not going again until they move out of Bayfront, that venue is wayyy too small for how many people and stages they're trying to smash in there. I had a terrible time last year, I don't even know why I went again this year, it's just a giant mess. The music this year was at least good, but everything else sucked. Bathroom lines, drink lines, after party club lines, sigh, just a big waste of time tbh. The only highlights of WMC is the small parties like Wavefront at the Shelborne, and all the yacht parties.

Definitely going to TRY and go to TomorrowWorld in Atlanta. I say try, because if getting tickets is anything like for Tomorrowland, it's basically a lotto, so the odds are slim to none. I had to buy a fucking travel package for Tomorrowland just to assure I got a ticket, and I'm not even going to use the London train it came with haha. Glad I did though, because I wasn't able to get tickets on the world wide on sale date, nor were either of my four friends, and we all refreshed the page until we were put into the queue, probably a second or two within the instant they went on sale, and none of us got tickets that way. I don't think TomorrowWorld will be as bad though, it's harder for people to get into the US because a lot of countries are required to get visa's to enter the US, not so much the case with Belgium.
I was kind of afraid of this from what I read about it selling out in seconds. I'm hoping that living in the US and gettting that early jump on the worldwide ticket sale will give me a better chance of getting a ticket.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Aren't you tired of seeing ~100 "EDM" festivals every year in US with the same 4 shitty mix-n-match headliners from a group of 8 (Avicii, Calvin Harris, Steve Aoki, Skrillex, Kaskade, Afrojack, David Guetta + the latest flavor of the month), exact same unimaginative names, exact same unimaginative flyers with exact same graphics and exact same fonts, when 5-10 years ago you'd have just a handful of very solid festivals with diverse lineups? You haven't heard enough of "Levels" or "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" yet?

The whole thing is so cookie cutter right now, they're just basically rolling these festivals off an assembly line now. The only way some of these guys can even differentiate themselves is with gimmicks: comb-over mohawk, surfing on top of a crowd in an inflatable raft, or wearing a giant mouse head.

Just go to Ibiza or South America for a week already instead of dropping $1000 to stand in a Vegas parking lot in the desert, watching some clown playing a predetermined set for you.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Aren't you tired of seeing ~100 "EDM" festivals every year in US with the same 4 shitty mix-n-match headliners from a group of 8 (Avicii, Calvin Harris, Steve Aoki, Skrillex, Kaskade, Afrojack, David Guetta + the latest flavor of the month), exact same unimaginative names, exact same unimaginative flyers with exact same graphics and exact same fonts, when 5-10 years ago you'd have just a handful of very solid festivals with diverse lineups? You haven't heard enough of "Levels" or "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" yet?

The whole thing is so cookie cutter right now, they're just basically rolling these festivals off an assembly line now. The only way some of these guys can even differentiate themselves is with gimmicks: comb-over mohawk, surfing on top of a crowd in an inflatable raft, or wearing a giant mouse head.

Just go to Ibiza or South America for a week already instead of dropping $1000 to stand in a Vegas parking lot in the desert, watching some clown playing a predetermined set for you.
We get it. You hate the scene in America. You've made that clear at least 5 billion times. I don't blame you. You know the genre very well and it's basically been taken over by people who don't know anything. I would hate it too. But that doesn't mean you have to go shitting on every post or song about how bad it is. Most people here are probably from the US, thus most are probably new to the genre. You'll probably hate the "EDM" scene in the states for the next fear years, at minimum. Quit bitching about it or move.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
UK scene isn't much better, House music, specifically "deep house" (think Jamie Jones, Hot Natured, Lee Foss, Seth Troxler etc) is no longer underground but mainstream and attracting bandwagoners. All the local urban DJs are now putting out house mixes and national DJs like Mistajam are now playing "house sets" at their shows.

All this wouldn't really matter if it wasn't for the douchebags that seem to be spreading like a virus, identifiable by their hive-mind like fashion sense (nike blazers, vests, snapbacks, bumbags) and also the unnecessary attitude they seem to be bringing...oh, and then there's the shuffling #shiver. Shuffling I hear you ask?

Imagine a dancefloor full of these pricks taking up space, demanding room and flailing their limbs all over the shop and getting aggressive when they bump into you. This dance and the associated attitude has got so widespread in London that an anti-shuffling campaign has been launched on twitter and facebook,https://www.facebook.com/AntiFootShufflingCampaign