Electronic Dance Music

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nicole Moudaber for sure, she's awesome, nice dark banging techno. I don't see Loco Dice or Justin Martin on your lists, they're both good as well. Damian Lazarus is also amazing, can't miss him for sure.

If you like trance at all(not the girly shit) then check out Bryan Kearney, Jordan Suckley, Indecent Noise, Simon Patterson, Astrix, and Astral Projection. They're all really good.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Late 90's Oakenfold is some of the best electronic music there is whether its the mix CDs (Tranceport, Ibiza, etc.) or all his Essentisal Mixes in late 1990s, particularly the 1999 Essential Mix World Tour.

Gabriel and Dresden are also responsible for Andain (Beautiful Things, Summer Calling). Josh Gabriel was really the musical brains behind everything, Dave Dresden just rode his coattails for over a decade.
Wow. Based on this comment, found this video. Holy shitttt. I just got home from work and I'm usually beat and my energy level just shot to like level 45 and my palms are sweating. I might have to go to the gym and run through a wall.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'm going down the list slowly. Nicole moudaber is great...similar sound to Ben Klock. Really liked Art Department too. 2/2 so far, getting more excited every day

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Wow. Based on this comment, found this video. Holy shitttt. I just got home from work and I'm usually beat and my energy level just shot to like level 45 and my palms are sweating. I might have to go to the gym and run through a wall.
That was the second Oakenfold set I downloaded back in the day. I have a bunch thanks to Napster on 56k. It was painful though. Start download, go to bed, wake up to hope it completed.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider

New Huoratron is out on July 7th and can't wait, the guy does amazing work especially $$ Troopers.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can you promote me something better than this tune? I'm offering a challenge while drunk atm...

Why do I love Zedd so much... lol

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Can you promote me something better than this tune? I'm offering a challenge while drunk atm...

I've gone to a lot of shows of these types of guys in the past year. The place I live does not have house or techno; they only have the more popular EDM dudes come through. Over the past year, each show I go to I think "I heard this song before," even though I know I haven't. That's the feeling I get listening to that one you posted. I also feel like, if I know the song, I know the set, because the sets are built around quickly building tension and releasing it with a heavy drop, using the same formula for each track. The only alternate tool is doing a breakdown instead so it's not so predictable. Every dj uses drops, and they are great when they are one tool in the toolkit. It seeks like for these EDM guys, drops are THE tool.

It's something I've slowly discovered over the past year. As time goes on, I find myself bored and leaving the dance floor earlier and earlier in the night because I keep having this feeling that I've heard this all before. The last time it was like 10 minutes into the set.

Two people I know got into electronic music at the same time as me, and seem as or almost as obsessed with it now. One likes a mix of house/techno/deep house AND the EDM style. But the other still loves the EDM style and it confuses me. I keep wondering if their taste will ever change. EDM as I experienced it is an entry level genre, and it's great for that. I remember Adam Beyer boring me to tears last year at EDC, but this year he's someone I'm pretty excited to see. So I'm really confused when people have liked EDM for 1 or 2 years, or have seen a Dada life show more than once and don't get the gimic. Or have Steve aoki throw pies in their face and love it.

Will that change? Last year at EDC, Sasha's set changed my life. It changed for me. I remember one girl in the crowd that was in full raver gear, but seemed equally as into Sasha's set. I like to think that I'll see her again this year, but now glued to the small stage as I'll be. This time she'll be wearing normal clothes, because she discovered a love for the music and will have come for that more than for the party.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess I'm asking, doesn't it all sound the same? I swear every new Calvin Harris song is the same as the last one, which is the same as every new [insert EDM artist here]. It's buildups and drops; loud and louder. Isn't that just boring?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I love me some Zedd but that isn't even the best Zedd song.

Also, this, while a few years old, is better:

Ryanz

<Banned>
Skrillex did a free live stream on YouTube from Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado to round up his tour. It was pretty bad ass...sorry I'm late to announce it.

reactpresents_sl

shitlord
TONIGHT - Nightmares on Wax (LIVE) at Concord Music Hall.

Check out this live performance of George Evelyn and company jamming out for KCRW. A little taste of what to expect this evening

<script height="565px" width="912px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=d88efc6887d946bcb5a71d9ea4d3ec6c&ec =lweWw2aTqXPoTF-Y5GCZ-zQWqEdERYxI"></script>

Thursday, July 3rd, 2014
React Presents...

N.O.W. IS THE TIME TOUR

::NIGHTMARES ON WAX:: (LIVE)
[Nightmares on Wax]

:
biggrin.png
J STRIZ::
[/]http://www.illmeasures.com]

::ALTERED TAPES:
frown.png
Maker + Trew)
[]https://soundcloud.com/alteredtapes]

::WOO PARK::
[]https://www.facebook.com/wooparkgrooves]

Concord Music Hall
2047 N Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
Doors: 8:00pm
Ages: 18+ w/ govt issued ID
773-570-4000

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
This is a bit late, but I wanted to share my experience from EDC this year.

We got there Thursday and went to Drai's after hours to see Kill Frenzy and Claude Vonstroke.
Friday we saw: Claude VonStroke, Booka Shade, Dubfire, Carl Cox, Adam Beyer (all at neon garden)
Saturday: MK (Main), Martinez bros, Green Velvet, Nicole Moudaber, Loco Dice (sorta), Carl Cox (sorta)
Sunday: Skream, Eric Prydz, last half of Jamie Jones, Digweed, Maya Jane Coles, Art Department

Basically we stayed at Neon Garden for almost the entire time, with the exception of MK and Prydz. MK had a shitty time, being on the main stage but one of the opening acts. Neon Garden was pretty much awesome all 3 days, but the crowd seemed different compared with last year. Granted I was only there for like two sets last year, but this year it seemed much more crowded. There were a LOT more fuzzy boot chicks too. The whole festival in general seemed way too crowded. My brother wanted to go to the main stage more often, which was a little tension between us, but it was so crowded there you couldn't even get close enough to hear well. Solved that problem, but he was pretty pissed about it.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all the recommendations. A lot of those I might have missed if not for recommendations. Highlights were Claude Vonstroke (2nd half of set), Booka Shade, Dubfire, Green Velvet, Moudaber, Skream, Digweed, Maya, and Art Department. More specifically, Green Velvet and Booka Shade were unreal. I looked up a few sets from Green Velvet before hand and liked him, but didn't blow my socks off. But his EDC set was sick, and even the people I was with said his set was easily top 3. And the jibberish he was speaking into the mic was pretty hilarious. I was taking a break near the back and really paying attention to what he was saying and it was complete utter nonsense. I leaned to some chick next to me and said that and she had no idea wtf I was talking about. Too fucked up

Some of my favorites were confounded by how fucked up I was, however. I was out of my mind during Maya and having the time of my life, but the next day my buddy was telling me how she kept mixing off beat and fucking up in general. That state lasted through Art Department, too. I really want to hunt down some of the sets, but I haven't had any luck lately. So far I've only found one of Carl Cox's sets and half of Digweed. Insomniac had a streaming service running called EDC Curated, but I can't find any rips of it anywhere. All the main stage acts are up on youtube in full, but none of Neon Garden. Kinda a bummer

All in all it was a phenomenal experience. However, with few exceptions, there was little reason to leave the Neon Garden stage. Main stage was beyond hokey with their stage performers and other garbage, and it was shoulder to shoulder probably about 60k people deep. I don't know how people could stand even being in the crowd. Sasha coulda been playing and I still wouldn't be able to handle that. A lot of the "we only care about money" stuff kept bugging me, like how disorganized the shuttle buses were, how they cut most of the buses at 7am even though there were several thousand people still needing rides, how they grossly oversold tickets for how many people can reasonably fit at each stage, and how the entire 3 months leading up to the festival was this huge money grab, selling 3-day lockers for 70 fucking dollars and whatnot. Pasqualle keeps saying over and over how he fell in love with the scene in the old days and blah blah it's all about the experience blah blah he even posted that Davincci SNL video, yet the whole time it's just this huge money grab. He doesn't give a fuck about the experience.

A lot of that kinda left a bad taste in my mouth despite how much fun I had. My buddy and I are looking at alternatives next year. Movement looks awesome - hateraysar didn't you go there last year? Has anyone else been to Movement? My brother mentioned Ultra, but isn't that kinda going in the wrong direction? From what I've seen, Movement looks awesome, is way cheaper, and has a lineup that would allow even more exploration. I was so stoked this year to discover all these people I either hadn't seen in person or didn't know about. I want to keep that up. And as much as I love seeing ass hanging out everywhere, the fuzzy boot shit at EDC kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Or I can just say fuck it and do Movement + EDC next year.