Electronic Dance Music

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
We decided to skip the clusterfuck that is EDC, especially considering we went to one stage this year and basically never left it. Will be going to Movement next year insteaad.

FYI, early bird tickets for Movement detroit are on sale now. $102 each. That's like 1/4 the price of EDC. Can't wait

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
ATM.... Porter Robinson - Worlds is my 2014 album of the year. Listen to it. It is very, very, very, good.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
We decided to skip the clusterfuck that is EDC, especially considering we went to one stage this year and basically never left it. Will be going to Movement next year insteaad.

FYI, early bird tickets for Movement detroit are on sale now. $102 each. That's like 1/4 the price of EDC. Can't wait
haha, i remember you telling us how aaaaamazing EDC was. Now its a clusterfuck.

You're learning.

Movement will be a better experience for you, but if you want a real party - BPM Festival in Playa is where its at right now, for at least 2 more years before it turns into Mexican WMC.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
It WAS amazing. And it was also a clusterfuck. I anticipate it will be amazing again next year as well, but also anticipate movement will be more amazing. So we chose movement. Omg so complicated

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Movement is meh, Detroit sucks, and the entire Midwest sucks. Movement is the last breath of a dying city where "techno" was born. Music was relevant there like 15 years ago, gotta head to Europe from proper partying. The US is over saturated with as much shitty house music right now as it is with "EDM". Get to a European techno party at places like Awakenings Festivals, Nature One, Sonus Festival, weekend in Berlin (Berghain/Tresor etc) or a good Ibiza week. BPM is nice, but the venues are horrible, and it's Mexico. Playa is about the size of 10 city blocks and the same clubs and vibe gets old about five days in, but I'd still recommend it over the long dead Detroit dance music scene.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Get to a European techno party at places like Awakenings Festivals, Nature One, Sonus Festival, weekend in Berlin (Berghain/Tresor etc) or a good Ibiza week. BPM i
I wouldn't use Berghain to sell a trip to Berlin. I certainly wouldn't be telling American EDM kids to book flights to Berlin and substitute Berghain for whatever shitty EDM festival they would normally go to. That kind of clientele is exactly the reason Berghain have such a strict entry policy.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
ITT: more people who think they're cool because they liked something before someone else. Quite a weird thing to stock your ego on, don't you think?

I think well of myself for things I do. I think well of other people for things they do. But you guys for some reason think well of yourself for things other people do. It's really weird. I haven't said this on the internet in probably years, but you guys are seriously losers.

I wasn't asking your opinion of movement vs your eurofag shit. Flight to Detroit = $300. Flight to Europe=$1000+. Apples and oranges. Not that you were actually suggesting good European festivals to go to. That would be a normal, well - functioning adult thing to do. Your only goal was to say "Im better than you because this thing that other people do is better than that thing that other people do. Therefore I'm cool." If those festivals in Europe are stocked with your kin, they must be horrible. "Hey nice to meet you. Oh you like xyz artists. Pfft they were so last year lolz."

You're like teenage girls.

Done with this thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Honestly, apart from suggesting Berghain, it wasn't bad advice. And even if you don't get into Berghain, there's enough other clubs for it to be a totally worthwhile trip

Any European festival is going to have better vibe and a totally different feel to any EDM fest.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Could anyone point me in a direction where i could find some really chill / ambient / background kinda music. sounds kinda wierd but perhaps something a tad more upbeat than say aphex twin?

Perhaps its just me but i find it hard to find music or search for it.

Oh and I'm completely fine with listening to something more than 7 people have ever heard.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Could anyone point me in a direction where i could find some really chill / ambient / background kinda music. sounds kinda wierd but perhaps something a tad more upbeat than say aphex twin?

Perhaps its just me but i find it hard to find music or search for it.

Oh and I'm completely fine with listening to something more than 7 people have ever heard.
Anything by John Talabot, check out some of his mixes herehttps://soundcloud.com/john-talabot

His album, Fin, is really good. As is his DJ Kicks mix cd

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
ITT: more people who think they're cool because they liked something before someone else. Quite a weird thing to stock your ego on, don't you think?

I think well of myself for things I do. I think well of other people for things they do. But you guys for some reason think well of yourself for things other people do. It's really weird. I haven't said this on the internet in probably years, but you guys are seriously losers.

I wasn't asking your opinion of movement vs your eurofag shit. Flight to Detroit = $300. Flight to Europe=$1000+. Apples and oranges. Not that you were actually suggesting good European festivals to go to. That would be a normal, well - functioning adult thing to do. Your only goal was to say "Im better than you because this thing that other people do is better than that thing that other people do. Therefore I'm cool." If those festivals in Europe are stocked with your kin, they must be horrible. "Hey nice to meet you. Oh you like xyz artists. Pfft they were so last year lolz."

You're like teenage girls.

Done with this thread
ITT: Dipshits who are butthurt that they are getting on the bandwagon 15 years too late and are being called out on it.

Anyways, Movement as a festival isnt great - especially the Hart plaza shit, but anyone who ever did DEMF properly barely even goes to the actual festival itself. Its all about the loft parties and after parties. But to have that loft party / after party experience you actually have to know people and not associate yourself with EDC dipshits so you know that Dabamf will never get to have it. He'll show up to a Art Department loftie wearing a tanktop with a giant potleaf on it and surplus army black pants and ask people if they saw the Pete Tong set at Hart.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider

New album finally out, so happy to see this guy finally release something official.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Above and Beyond coming to my small ass city on Feb 18. If I buy tickets for this will I enjoy it if I'm not on molly?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Going to their show in New Orleans March 3 and don't plan on "jigging" and enjoying it, but Above and Beyond is one of my favorites. My opinion should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are also one of my favorites, I thought I'd pull up their tour dates for this year just to look and nearly shat myself when I saw they were coming here. Probably going to get the tickets since they're only 60 bucks.