Elemental (2023)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
29.5 million weekend. it barely made more than the original Toy Story in 1995 of 29.1 million.
46 million global.
how???
b34aad684786109d119212f1037871d1.png

when this cost half
1f29ac510163bdf779df6af64e427adc.png

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Finally saw this. Terrible marketing that didn't really address the core story which is the universal experience of waves of immigrants to the US.

Anyone who refers to this as 'woke pedo bullshit' is a certified unpatriotic moron.

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sure what you're talking about. First, it's fucking boring. Pixar is dead.

But to pretend this is somehow about "immigrants" and not a hamfisted story about racism and "diversity is our strength" is just being purposefully obtuse. You can try to pretend that media isn't a reflection of the current culture but you'd be an idiot.

It is pretty ironic though, because the whole premise is so retarded that they overlooked the fact that "race mixing" in the context of this movie will literally kill you. Maybe it's secretly based?

Read a review and they made a good point in that they already made this movie, better, with Zootopia.

This will probably be the last Pixar movie I ever attempt to watch. What an amazing fall from grace.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
As stupid and pointless as this movie was, at least it wasn't a movie about periods.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If this movie consisted of like, a dozen 5 minute shorts showing a day in the life of elementals living in a metropolis I think I would've enjoyed it more. I loved the world building, art and scenes just showing this kind of wacky alternate reality.

The actual plot felt kinda flat, and the core divide between the uhm, elements, was never resolved, just literally hand-waved away.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure what you're talking about. First, it's fucking boring. Pixar is dead.

But to pretend this is somehow about "immigrants" and not a hamfisted story about racism and "diversity is our strength" is just being purposefully obtuse. You can try to pretend that media isn't a reflection of the current culture but you'd be an idiot.

It is pretty ironic though, because the whole premise is so retarded that they overlooked the fact that "race mixing" in the context of this movie will literally kill you. Maybe it's secretly based?

Read a review and they made a good point in that they already made this movie, better, with Zootopia.

This will probably be the last Pixar movie I ever attempt to watch. What an amazing fall from grace.
We just finished this with our 5 year old and he was bored the whole time along with us. Wife made the same point though, that Zootopia handled this much better. None of what they were trying to say in this movie made any sense. Whether immigration, racism, race mixing, emotional health. It was all just poorly executed.

The best part we both noticed was the Fire family just abandoned their fellow Fire people after the storm disaster. The scene with them on the boat sailing away while their countrymen watched was powerful but probably not in the way Pixar intended.

The water main character was just a typical [current year] limp wristed constantly crying effeminate male. And the main Fire girl was not any more redeeming.

Disappointing that these aren’t better these days. We both said the same thing about wanting to rewatch Inside Out for a movie that executed perfectly what they were going for and wasn’t boring or insulting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This movie was pretty boring, but then again I have this uncanny ability to not read into absolutely every bit of media I consume for “the message” so I just call it like it is. I think Pixar movies need to have music for me to be engaged these days. Could you imagine if they mad a Pixar movie with Taylor Swift music? This place would implode.