Elementary: Season 2

Cybsled

I was pleasantly surprised by the 1st season, so hopefully they are able to keep it up this time around
wink.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Good episode, sad they are going back to new york and leaving lestrade and mycroft in london. I like both actors.

Goatface

got behind and finally caught up, seems they are going to take the show down a dark road

Cybsled

I'm guessing Mycroft isn't sinister, or at least not sinister in a "Works for Moriarty" sort of way. In the books he worked for the British government, so it wouldn't be a stretch that he works for MI-6 and he is trying to get Sherlock to become an asset for them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, thats what i assumed too, mycroft is always involved with the brit government on the downlow . however, this episode was a little dark all on its own.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone watch tonight's episode and feel like they missed something? the first intro scene was things I've never seen before?

Crone

thats from last season's finale. if you missed that then yeah you missed something.
Just figured it out. Somehow I missed Episode 21, 22, and the double 23/24 finale. wtf? I'm terrible.

The bad part is, I've watched all of Season 2 and felt I wasn't missing a beat. Lame.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
no worries, its CBS they make their crime procedurals for 55 and older audiences. a lot of generic going on here. still not a bad episode tonight. i wonder if Moriarty's mentor turns out to be Mycroft. i was also sure that kid is sherlock's but i guess i was wrong on that.

Cybsled

Well like she said, the child is too old to be Sherlock's. However, it is possible Mycroft could be the father. Sherlock would probably go nuclear. "So you've slept with Watson and Moriarty now? WTF"

I'm pretty sure Moriarty figured out why Sherlock kept writing her and gave an answer that she knew Sherlock wanted to hear. Watson will probably help him wise up eventually, though.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I still think that "old friend" of Sherlock who talked to Watson is a villain to be named later...Maybe even the mentor.

Homsar

Really enjoyed the episode but mainly because it wasn't just a crime of the week and was more story arc

Szlia

Just finished watching this show from the start to the current episode. Much to my surprise I like it a lot more than BBC's Sherlock. Obviously the difference in format plays a great part (20ish episodes seasons allow for better character development than seasons that span 3 episodes), but the BBC show also tries too hard to be clever and stylish and too often fails on both accounts. The comedy is better on the BBC show though, helped by the timing and delivery of Freeman's Watson and the acerbic wit of Cumberbatch's Holmes. Still, Miller's over the top Holmes is very entertaining and with a surprising range and Liu's Watson works very well (and it's not insulting Freeman than saying I prefer seeing Liu on screen! - Is there a wardrobe Emmy?).

Irene Adler and Mycroft are strong on both shows, but Elementary's take on Moriarty is a lot stronger than the BBC's.

Homsar

Just finished watching this show from the start to the current episode. Much to my surprise I like it a lot more than BBC's Sherlock. Obviously the difference in format plays a great part (20ish episodes seasons allow for better character development than seasons that span 3 episodes), but the BBC show also tries too hard to be clever and stylish and too often fails on both accounts. The comedy is better on the BBC show though, helped by the timing and delivery of Freeman's Watson and the acerbic wit of Cumberbatch's Holmes. Still, Miller's over the top Holmes is very entertaining and with a surprising range and Liu's Watson works very well (and it's not insulting Freeman than saying I prefer seeing Liu on screen! - Is there a wardrobe Emmy?).

Irene Adler and Mycroft are strong on both shows, but Elementary's take on Moriarty is a lot stronger than the BBC's.
While they aren't trying to hammer it in with Holmes drug addiction I think the do a pretty good job at showing who he is even with stupid stuff like being the black kids sponsor. Also thought I would hate changing Watson and moriarty into females but they are both great. Still wondering what they plan on with mycroft. As far are the BBC version I think the episodes seem to drag and have to much filler. Isn't each episode over 100 minutes long.

Also agree that the show doesn't have much humor unless its Holmes banging Watson's friends

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Each Sherlock is 88 minutes long and i agree elementary is doing a better job with character development.

Cybsled

Making Moriarty a female and ex-lover does add an interesting dynamic: they're perfect for eachother on one level, but one is evil and a master manipulator.

Goatface

really enjoyed this season until Watson's left turn in the last few. Thought it was good to see all of Sherlock's changes, as most shows never let happen to their unique characters

funny part about her moving out, i just kept thinking, he pays her enough to afford rent in nyc?