Elvis (2022)

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
The only Elvis movie worth a shit is the John Carpenter film with Kurt Russell.

Youre Wrong Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

c596c329af3209c1f03580814d53e8371a5d7907.gifv.gif

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Bubba Ho-tep was so much fun. lol
When I first saw the poster for this Elvis movie, my initial thought was:
Why are they doing a Bollywood version of Elvis??
iu

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie was pretty dull and boring. Very well acted and great production. But wasnt worth the 3 hour snoozefest.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The kid who played Elvis did a good job, the problem is the Elvis story isnt that interesting and they really glossed over most of his career. Col. Parker was a massive scumbag and they went really easy on him. Tom Hanks is on the downhill slide, he kinds sucks now. It was all watered down cliff notes. Like most things from Hollywood these days it seems like the writers / directors are too hipster cool and despise the subject they are telling the story of, whoever wrote / directed this wasnt a huge Elvis fan and it shows.
I'm like halfway through, and figured I'd check this thread (as I'm losing interest). The most jarring thing to me is the random, modern rap tracks that appear throughout. And for a movie about Elvis, there's a surprisingly little amount of actual celebration of his music. It's almost an afterthought.

I fucking hate the 2020s. Let's put some bitch rapping about her coochie in an Elvis movie. Great idea! Fuck these people.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I'm like halfway through, and figured I'd check this thread (as I'm losing interest). The most jarring thing to me is the random, modern rap tracks that appear throughout. And for a movie about Elvis, there's a surprisingly little amount of actual celebration of his music. It's almost an afterthought.

I fucking hate the 2020s. Let's put some bitch rapping about her coochie in an Elvis movie. Great idea! Fuck these people.

I personally was sorta offended that they left out Hawaii in the story. He spent a lot of time here and he was pretty happy and mostly healthy during it. They also skipped over the fuck tons of movies he made and the Hollywood portion of his life.

Not to mention the karate, firearms and hanging out with Nixon asking to become a DEA agent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was wrong, wasn't halfway through. Made that post probably 45 min in. Lasted just under an hour before I turned it off.

I don't know what the fuck that movie was.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I personally was sorta offended that they left out Hawaii in the story. He spent a lot of time here and he was pretty happy and mostly healthy during it. They also skipped over the fuck tons of movies he made and the Hollywood portion of his life.

Not to mention the karate, firearms and hanging out with Nixon asking to become a DEA agent.
I am mostly a fan of Elvis music over Elvis movies but a lot of his music really has stood the test of time.

Jailhouse Rock is probably one of the first music videos ever made. It came out when my dad was 6 years old and its still just as awesome whenever you fire it up on YouTube. Soundtrack sucked, a lot of this movie sucked. Somehow the soundtrack sucked balls like Gravel says.

I mean for a dude that had hundreds of songs and billboard hits how do you fuck up a soundtrack to a movie about him?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its not really a movie about Elvis's life. More about his rise and fall and the Colonel.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I am mostly a fan of Elvis music over Elvis movies but a lot of his music really has stood the test of time.

Jailhouse Rock is probably one of the first music videos ever made. It came out when my dad was 6 years old and its still just as awesome whenever you fire it up on YouTube. Soundtrack sucked, a lot of this movie sucked. Somehow the soundtrack sucked balls like Gravel says.

I mean for a dude that had hundreds of songs and billboard hits how do you fuck up a soundtrack to a movie about him?

I am not a huge Elvis fan but the amount of quality music he put out cannot be denied. I don't karaoke but I am certain I could do a lot of his songs without a monitor.

The 68 Elvis Comeback Special was pretty damn amazing. It really showcased his enormous talent. It was obviously the inspiration for MTVs Unplugged.

TCB.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its just another cautionary tale of White Supremacy. Poor black southern musician gets ripped off by old white guy.

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users