Embedded Microchips for Work/Life

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Some do that. Employer group plans will at times have rewards for staying active or being a non-smoker. A friend of mine worked for ConEd management and they had a fitness tracker they would use to log activity and get a discount.

I don't know what's stopping them from doing this on a more individual level. I suspect cost and enforcement are both significant hurdles.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They're using it to buy snacks? Fucking implant for snacks?!

Holy shit, how could anyone work there?

I figured at the least the first excuse would be for time keeping or something. What a joke. Hope to be out of the workforce before having to quit my job when they ask to implant me.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The company claims that it is the first in the nation to offer its staff such a deal, which is valued at $300.

Lol, they're saying they be giving their employees free $300 lo-jacks.

It's best to be the guy that opt-d out of this horrible travesty.

be the guy that has no chip, walks up to the machine, sees john. "hey john i don't have change, can you wave your hand here, i've got the munchies"

does john say no, and look like a cheap ass??? john waves his hand.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is some twilight zone type shit right here. Its where it starts. Harmless chip to get into work building, log into computer, etc... Then comes the big brother, starts at the company, where they call you into office and now ask you questions like, wtf are you doing in bathroom for 20 min? why are you talking to Jane for 45 min a day when you should be working? We noticed your only at your desk 4.5 hours a day....

Then come the advanced 2nd gen chips, now with medical data. which track how much alcohol you have in your system, what drugs you take, and how healthy you are.

Ten come the 10th gen chips which run full DNA testing...

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
When I visit a jobsite I have to put on an ID badge around my neck and my TWIC card. Soon as I key out, drive out or walk out it goes in the glove compartment. No way I would have one attached permanetly. Of course I have to show the badge at the cafeteria, but in the office every one I've worked in or visited the snacks/drinks were on an honor deal. Basically the price of doing business. Take a drink leave 50 cents in a can in the refrigerator or take 2 and leave a dollar. I'm sure it doesn't add up exactly over time, just the cost of doing business.

kudos

<Banned>
They're using it to buy snacks? Fucking implant for snacks?!

Holy shit, how could anyone work there?

I figured at the least the first excuse would be for time keeping or something. What a joke. Hope to be out of the workforce before having to quit my job when they ask to implant me.
Never underestimate employees love of snacks. There was a time at the CIA where the vending machine was hacked and they fired 2 officers and some contractors after viewing video footage. Fucking CIA even steals from vending machines.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think you guys are reading more into this than it actually does. It doesn't track your location, it just lets you open locked doors (and apparently buy shit at the vending machine) just like an access badge would. It's basically a badge that you can't leave at home and you don't have to swipe. I wouldn't be jumping up and down for it, but it sounds more like a convenience thing than a civil liberties violation to me. They're already doing exactly the same thing with the badge you have around your neck. It's not like the thing is phoning home via satellite and telling your boss that you went to a strip club or something.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I think you guys are reading more into this than it actually does. It doesn't track your location, it just lets you open locked doors (and apparently buy shit at the vending machine) just like an access badge would. It's basically a badge that you can't leave at home and you don't have to swipe. I wouldn't be jumping up and down for it, but it sounds more like a convenience thing than a civil liberties violation to me. They're already doing exactly the same thing with the badge you have around your neck. It's not like the thing is phoning home via satellite and telling your boss that you went to a strip club or something.

I can take the badge off. Embedded microchips not so much.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

If it's doing the same thing that a simple badge around the neck can do then why the fuck do we need it retard? Also, how do you know for sure what the implant is or isn't capable of? Holy fuck you're one gullible imbecile.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
FINALLY I got flamed by Lumi. You don't know how long I've been waiting for this day.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

I don't have one, but a lot of medial devices now connect via wifi. Insulin pumps that are implanted connect via a wifi connection. They now have implanted blood sugar monitors that monitor 24/7 and report to your phone app and set off an alarm if it's too low while sleeping or such. Only a matter of time till someone attempts to hack that stuff. I don't know what they would do with implanted chips, I guess instead of stealing your ID card they'd hack off your hand lol.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
The part of the insulin pump that transmits is outside the body and has batteries that have to be charged or changed regularly. You need to understand that for something to transmit a significant distance it needs batteries and an antenna so it's not like a tiny chip under your skin is going to be receiving GPS signals and phoning home via satellite for your entire life. Passive RFID devices use RF power from the reader to wake up the chip and transmit an extremely weak signal that has a range of maybe 10 feet and that's under good radio circumstances which being covered by skin is not.

FWIW, wrapping RFIDs in foil mostly defeats them or at least reduces the range to a couple inches but stores know about this so don't let anyone see you carrying around Reynolds Wrap in the electronics section at Walmart.

Last edited:

Borzak

Just saying that badges and cards get lifted a lot to get into soandso area pretty often. How long till some dipshit needs that chip and either digs it out or whatever. But most times I use one my pic comes up to the guard the took when I got the card and I have to match or close to it. Well no black guy using a white guys card. Of course the guy/woman doing the scanning is making $25/hour so not like you couldn't pay them off easily if needed. But guessing most corporate use it's just a card you swipe to open a door. I've read they want to replae that with chips implanted in the hand and I assume you can easily take those out when done working there.

I only bring up the pump because I got a demo of one and the guy said it didn't have to be adjusted on the phone it could be acessed via wifi at work or something from a PC. That didn't sound real sould to me, but I didn't look into it any further. But I saw Johnson is getting out of the pump market so who knows.

Last edited: