Ender's Game

The Master

Bronze Squire
Oh, and the jet fighting on earth? I'm like 95% sure that during the first invasion there was a raking or scathing of china. I distinctly remember something about it in the book.

Maybe I read a revised edition?

http://books.google.com/books?id=Z5Q...ed=0CDQQ6AEwAw
No, you didn't. China got fucked up in the First Invasion. We have more details on that now actually, because of the prequels. But that is all back story to Ender's game, it should really only appear in vids of the invasion if they stick to the book. Granted said vids may be pretty dramatic and therefore get into the trailer.

Arakkis

N00b
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the one true church and all of Brother Card's views are from the font of knowledge known as the Book of Mormon. Ender's game is a literary masterpiece second only to that work.

Sulrn

Deuces
Not only is Card a major douchebag, Ender's Game is an overrated piece of shit.
Card is a major d-bag, but considering the quality of most contemporary authors, saying EG is overrated isn't saying anything at all. Par for the course really. Anyway, a large portion of the western world disagrees with you. Cheers!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I saw the trailer last night at the theatre, hope it turns out to be a good movie. I thought it was really lame they showed the ending in the trailer though. Wtf?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I saw the trailer last night at the theatre, hope it turns out to be a good movie. I thought it was really lame they showed the ending in the trailer though. Wtf?
Edited to spoiler just in case anyone reading this thread really doesn't know the ending still, since it has openly been discussed, but trying to be safe.

As I said earlier in the thread, that's only because you know the ending. It doesn't spoil anything for anyone that has no idea. That "zoom in on the planet" scene with Ender could be a simulation for all we know (an actual simulation I mean, not...you know). Even if it is the real thing, no one would have any way of knowing that until they watched the movie.

Now, if people keep going around telling everyone that they showed the ending, that's not really the fault of the preview.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
HP Lovecraft was a huge racist
NASA was founded by a bunch of 'ex' Nazis.
Lewis Carroll was a pedophile.
As Astro mentioned, Roman Polanski plead guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor before fleeing the country, although he was probably right to get out of the country.

So quite frankly, I couldn't give a shit less if Card is a homophobe. His ignorance and prejudices don't take away from his ability to create literature.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
As Astro mentioned, Roman Polanski plead guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor before fleeing the country, although he was probably right to get out of the country.

So quite frankly, I couldn't give a shit less if Card is a homophobe. His ignorance and prejudices don't take away from his ability to create literature.
I agree with the registered SO.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord

I'm not sure all of those are really equivalent, but I'll give you a point for effort.

Card is absolutely entitled to his opinions. He is entitled to post them on the interwebs. Most importantly others are quite entitled to think he is a an bigoted twat because of them and decide not to buy his stuff.

Decide for yourself and life goes on.

Not sure letting people know about him is an all bad thing.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
call me closedminded....but an action movie with a kid as hero ? no thanks
rolleyes.png

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't know about the lead male kid but the girl from True Grit is in it and I thought she was fantastic.