Endless Legend

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I am curious as well. I downloaded it to give it a shot, and was going to purchase it if I like it. I started the tutorial, and it seems like the game could be pretty complex, but I haven't had the time to sit down and go through it all. I don't have a ton of free time in my life, so I would hate to devote a bunch of time to learning a game only to find out it sucks.

I am a huge CIV 5 fan, despite some of it's flaws, and was hoping this game would be similar but with some different depth to it.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The pacing is still terrible. Troops and improvements should be more granular and involved compared to research. This genre needs a significant shift towards tactics and fun.

Civ 5 is a much stronger game. There are some really cool concepts in Endless Legend, but the moment to moment activity is ~meh.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Bought it during a Steam sale, and I agree. It has really good elements, but it seems lackluster-ly executed. It's like Fallen Enchantress + some other strategy game had a baby. Reducing tedium and injecting fun would make the game much more enjoyable. Playing through a randomly generated map once, perhaps a couple times, and the game becomes rather stale.

niss_sl

shitlord
How is this any different than Civ:BE? They both look and seemingly play the same on youtube. Why get and play this if I've played out Civ:BE?