Entropia Universe Investors?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm just curious if there are any pure investors in EU these days? I actually did this heavily back in 2016 and left all my shit in there while playing off and on, and it's since made me some pretty nice returns, although this is high risk as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck since the company that runs the thing is pretty fucking dubious and cashing out takes like 3 months and you can only cash out if you have access to a bank that will accept an IBAN transaction (SWIFT not supported). But nonetheless, it does seem to work.

Curious if anyone on FoH fucks with this at all.

I invest in AUDs and CLDs only, and get about 1.50 - 2.00 USD per day return, some days $3 to $4. Total investment was about $7,500 USD in 2016, total returns have been $3,900 USD thus far. Total market value of 4 CLD is currently $1,115 USD and 1103 AUD is worth about $11,000 USD.

Exchange rate is static 10 PED = 1 USD.

1617555851289.png
1617555864205.png

CLD Returns:

1617555897808.png

AUD Returns:

1617555919615.png

• 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have no idea what this is....save me the google and cliff note it?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
50% return over five years and risky as hell? I didn’t even search what this is~

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
50% return over five years and risky as hell? I didn’t even search what this is~

About $4,000 in total returns (dividends), and value of holdings is $11,000. So if I sold out I'd have about $15,000 which is a 100% return in 5 years.

Yeah, its risky as hell, but EU has some gigantic investors in it, some guy bought an astroid for over half a million awhile back.

I have no idea what this is....save me the google and cliff note it?

It's an MMO that has a real world cash economy. PED, the in game currency, has a 10-1 USD fixed exchange rate and you can cash out and purchase as well. Game has been around for over 15 years, and still has a pretty high number of players, but I think the game itself is kinda shitty.

One of many roles in EU is investing. I bought AUD/CLD which are land deeds.

For AUDs, this represents ownership of the planet Arkadia's underground. They issued a total of 200,000 deeds so each deed is 1/200000th ownership of the planet. I currently own 1,103 of these, so in effect I own 0.5515% of the entire planets underground. Any loot that people find in the underground is taxed at a 5% rate of its trade terminal value (think of it like the retail price of the item). I get 0.5515% of that 5% total. So if someone lands a huge hit on Arkadia for say.. 15000 PED, I would get (15000*0.05)*0.005515 or 4.14 PED (or in USD terms, 41.4 cents). You get paid out anytime there is at least 0.01 PED earned in a single deed. This is why my payouts are (usually) multiples of 11.03.

For CLDs, this represents ownership of the planet calypso, which is the main planet of the game. However, CLDs also are deeds that give you the right to claim land/own land on the planet. They are expendable, and once you use them they turn into "X" deeds, which still give you your share of the tax on the planet, but can no longer be used to claim or own land. Their general premise is the same as AUDs.

edit: clarification

Last edited:

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ralph is Second Life, which interestingly enough, Aladain is like the Jackie Treehorn of virtual dildos for that game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Investing in virtual asteroids. How does one pitch this idea to the wife?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Wait..... YOu mean this is that game I tried over 10 years ago where I got bored because all there was to do was run around hoping to kill something small and thinking you'd struck loot nirvana because you found a "can of paint"?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Wait..... YOu mean this is that game I tried over 10 years ago where I got bored because all there was to do was run around hoping to kill something small and thinking you'd struck loot nirvana because you found a "can of paint"?

Yes. EU is the most boring game in existance. I don't get what people see in it. But for decades, people see things in it, and it makes money. Shrug.