Entropy on Steam.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
After watching the steam trailer the only thing I learned is that I can 'take part in this emm..emm..ohhh. experience!'

Denaut

Trump's Staff
rrr_img_52944.jpg

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Friend pointed out the game to me; looks like a EVE clone without EVE stuff.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I want to know more. According to Steam, the developer, Artplant, is self-publishing. All I can find for press are articles regurgitating the same small amount of info. I haven't played any other game they've made, which isn't much (BSG Online, and a facebook app).

Their Homepage
Their Facebook

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It's currently incredibly buggy and shouldn't even have been pre-released.
That's the current problem with Steam. The quality control is zero, and pre-release is a trap destined to lure you into buying games that are even more unfinished the standard release today. Never, ever, buy a pre-release on Steam.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I agree to an extent but people should research what they buy. Not sure why anyone would buy anything without looking into it. Starbound is in a pre-release state and seems to be pretty fun but sounds too early to drop $15 on it so I won't.

So many people got suckered with The War Z which is now named something totally different so there's definitely some weight to your argument. But shit, I'd never just hit the buy button without knowing anything about the product.

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That's the current problem with Steam. The quality control is zero, and pre-release is a trap destined to lure you into buying games that are even more unfinished the standard release today. Never, ever, buy a pre-release on Steam.
I'm torn on the whole sell you pre-release content. On one hand I believe that a lot of developers do in fact use it as a money grab, knowing their software is shit, but they can pass it off as its 'only in beta!'. But on the other hand, its kind of like Steams version of Kickstarter for games. The developers get some extra cash to help finish off the game, and you get to play it early.

At the end of the day though, gogojira is correct. Always research a bit what your about to buy, and have an even more skeptical eye on pre-release games. I wouldn't say 'never' buy pre-release, just proceed with caution.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, it's like Kickstarter?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So, it's like Kickstarter?
Except with Kickstarter, you usually get to wait until they have a game to play it. But to open a Steam Early Shit, the dev HAVE to provide a pile of manure to get your money.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've been burned way too many times to count with the Early access shit. So now I always click on the Community Hub and select Discussion. Steam users are pretty vocal if a game in EA is shit or not.

Check the Community Hub first, you should see quick reviews with a thumbs up or thumbs down. If the thing has a bunch of thumbs down, avoid it. If you don't see those quick reviews go to the discussion forum and see what people are yelling about. If it's filled with "this game is shit" "not worth the $$$ right now" "too early, too buggy", avoid it until release or a more stable state.

Folk Taleis one of those games I have on the back burner.