Epic Games Storefront - A Good Incentive for Piracy

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Tropico 5 excites me. And I’ve wanted to try The along Dark for awhile so I’m still happy with these I suppose.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The old list was a bit ridiculous but this list is still pretty suspect. Torchlight 2? Metro 2033?? fucking Defense Grid?!?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You're surprised by torchlight 2? I feel like that's in every humble bundle ever.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You're surprised by torchlight 2? I feel like that's in every humble bundle ever.
Seemed more surprised that they added such an old game that's been given away for nothing for so long and stuff, I assume. Same for Defense Grid. Although it makes sense, there's only so many games Epic can give away that they sell, and they're not gonna give away expensive stuff either. At least Torchlight 2 and Defense Grid are pretty good games, even if most people who cared about them probably already own them by now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
todays game is indeed defense grid, so I guess that second leaked list is confirmed to be legit.

that first list was way over the top in craziness, but this list is kinda garbo.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Darkest Dungeon and Tropico 5 were fun.

Alien is good, but i own that on other plats.
Have not tried Defense Grid or Torchlight 2 so i guess i can get a few hours out of those.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Today is free Tropico 5 day, just went up a moment ago and it will stay up for 24 hours.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Inside is free today. It's been free before but I haven't tried it yet.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rage 2 free starting tomorrow. Game wasn't great but it is worth the price of free.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Article I read Epic spent $440million on Epic Game Store in 2020 and haven't turned a profit yet. Posisitioning for the Apple lawsuit I guess.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Article I read Epic spent $440million on Epic Game Store in 2020 and haven't turned a profit yet. Posisitioning for the Apple lawsuit I guess.

Yeah I read that same article. They can't expect to turn a profit until at least 2027? Talk about long game.

• 1WTF

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yeah I read that same article. They can't expect to turn a profit until at least 2027? Talk about long game.
Sweeney has 9+ billion in the bank. He can float a few hundred mill here and there until it gets traction.

spronk

FPS noob
its mostly an tax trick i'd assume, for example fortnite would have had to pay steam 30% of all its v-bux sales without EGS, and they make billions off that. that alone "pays" for the epic store, but doesn't get counted as a profit for it. Its also a nice accounting trick since they can deduct profits from Fortnite by claiming losses on EGS store R&D and marketing.

pretty much the same thing as small companies writing off Ford F-150s as business expenses for family employees but on a much, much larger billion dollar scale

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That's the sort of long game the CCP knows how to play. How long did they wait for Hong Kong?
Well, the brits stole that as "compensations" for the First Opium War. Which is another insane bit of history I so love.

(for the average non-history buff, the Brits left all of south asia to be "managed" by a private company for over a century. Said company sponsored massive opium plantations in Bengladesh, to sell to Chinese smugglers, to get silver which they used to pay for the goods they imported. China ran a War on Drugs, then finally barred said company from trading with China in an effort to stop the commerce. The company petitioned the British governement, greased some palms, and the British sent a "modern" army to break China. And the Crown got HK as part of the settlement for China having dared to oppose peaceful opium smuggling)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Lawsuit is yielding some interesting information.

Edit: actually, not sure if these are part of the suit or what. Not sure why they'd have been released otherwise.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

1620072371282.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users