EQ Classic? Not really.

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah I was disappointed too, but I had a summer job that paid well, so I bought a PS1 too. Although I still wish Cloud in FF7 had hands, and not huge ulgy blocks.

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
Quest 64 was great, you walked through the same tunnel about 100 times, killing the same cookie cutter mobs over and over. Then at the very end you get a wall of text for an ending! Best game ever!

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Still waiting on a response from YL, if you're browsing this check your gmail bro, lets get this show on the road.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
How many people are working on this, is it just this Yealight person?
As far as I know there were some other developers, not sure if they are still working on it though. For some reason it seems quite difficult to get developers to work together on such an old game, not exactly sure why that is -- the code you write for this isnt going to gain value stashed away somewhere. Open source = more devs = more word of mouth = bigger community, period.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
2 people are current devs. Yeahlight and Harakiri. There are a few testers (maybe 2 dozen at this point), but there currently isn't anything new to test.

Kegz, what exactly are you hoping to accomplish with Yeahlight? You said that you contacted him, but what about?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If you're asking him to share the code with you, I can promise that isn't going to happen.

But sure, let's see what his response is.

2 devs aint bad, especially if they put in a lot of time. One of the best games (happened to be an EQ Emu) I've ever played, was Winter's Roar / SoD which was made by one guy, mostly. But I bet he worked on it 24/7 and never ate or slept.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I bet Yeahlight will send the code right over to ya. Especially once he sees the pro customer service skills.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
The number of devs isn't really the point. Grasp of the issues at hand and ability to focus is. YL and co seem to be doing fine, even if they're taking a long time to do so. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing EQ as it was back then, right down to the client.

By the way, Kegz, you realize your server and his product are about as different as apples and sparkplugs, right?

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Im sure he thinks he could offer / accept code that would legitimately work by copy and pasting.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The number of devs isn't really the point. Grasp of the issues at hand and ability to focus is. YL and co seem to be doing fine, even if they're taking a long time to do so. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing EQ as it was back then, right down to the client.

By the way, Kegz, you realize your server and his product are about as different as apples and sparkplugs, right?
Taking a long time? You fucks are gonna be in nursing homes by the time he finishes this shit.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
2 devs aint bad, especially if they put in a lot of time. One of the best games (happened to be an EQ Emu) I've ever played, was Winter's Roar / SoD which was made by one guy, mostly. But I bet he worked on it 24/7 and never ate or slept.
Wiz had Melwin/Zodium working with him from pretty early on. By late 2006 Xeldon had also started putting in some major work. Either way, WR/SoD was, is, and will remain one of the best emu servers out there, regardless of my personal opinions of current dev decisions/focus.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Anyone could literally slap up a stock PEQ server and thus have contributed more than you by virtue of not being a vile, psychopathic cunt. Your server is maybe 10% better than basic PEQ, and you've single-handedly destroyed any chance of people volunteering to improve it by being an absolute imbecile with obvious mental illness. You haven't added to the community, you've tainted it.